RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment

Construction Equipment If it digs, pushes, hauls dirt "off road" post it here.

Old 05-24-2014, 02:23 AM
Green Horn

avel is on a distinguished road
Default Re: LR634 is HERE!!!!! Tracked loader

I need to put in a rubber stopper inside the spring, had the chain skip while backing up an incline with a fully loaded bucket. I ran the loader outside for about 3.5 hours. I thought I had the cooling fan running of off 6 volts, but it was 5v. This time I ran it off of 6v. I have the weight around 19-20 pounds. I need to move the weight forward, or just reduce how much is in the back. I used some magnets to attach the cab to the body.

I am going to shorten the battery leads too, they are far too long. I cut the sheet metal divider some more so that I could route the servo wires differently.

The battery was at 11.3v when I decided to come inside because of the wind.
Old 05-25-2014, 10:41 AM
Green Horn

Finally have everything running the way I want, and everything fitting in that removing the cab to plug in the power isn't a hassle. I rearranged some of the electrical components. The receiver and brushless ESC I wrapped in Kapton tape and then copper tape. Took the box off of the receiver and stock heat shrink off of the ESC. Added more magnets so that the body sticks to the chassis better and added some between the cab and body.

I fixed the track chain skipping by removing the plastic I added and inserting a short tungsten slug in the middle of the spring. I measured so that each side had about an 1/8" of give. Also used some cuttable tungsten, and tungsten putty to wrap around the slug and cut piece to keep them centered in the spring. All the tungsten is from my train hobby. The tungsten weights are sold for Pine Derby cars. Anyway, it was a bear to put the chain on but a credit card around the sprung idler helped it slide on. Also put one of the chains on backwards after struggling with it. Everything runs well now, played for about 20 minutes.

Just small details left.

Oh and limited the pump to 80%, much easier to control. Not sure what its called, I just have this Limits setting on the radio.
Old 05-25-2014, 01:41 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Espeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura about

I like how you cut the rear grille out. Out of curiosity, why did you need to add one extra track pad/grouser to the tracks?
Old 05-25-2014, 02:06 PM
Green Horn

well the prototype has 38 per side, and also I had problems in the beginning where a full bucketfull of dirt would tip the loader while backing up a steep incline. Although the weight I added eliminated that problem and now it is too heavy in the rear. Also I had plenty of extra track pads and thought a little longer track would be better. I wouldn't do it again probably, but I had already installed the track pad, and also it was fun figuring out how to eliminate the chain skipping.

I got the idea for cutting out the grill from someone else on a german forum, I think.
Old 05-25-2014, 04:01 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Claus is on a distinguished road

The cut out grille is great! I was doubtful when I first seen you doing it as I thought the whole thing would become to weak and flimsy. Good job.
Old 05-25-2014, 07:33 PM
Green Horn

Yeah I was sure I was going to crack it or bend it while sawing or filing! But it is plenty strong. I would like to later on(unless I get another project going) replace it with a grill made out of brass. Although with how well this turned out, I might never do it. It's not perfect up close, but from 3' away it looks just fine.

Also a quarter of the way into sawing out the slits the handle on my saw broke off and my accuracy went to ****. I did a lot more filing and sanding than I anticipated.

I should take some macro shots to show all the errors. Thick paint, glue on the windows, CA on the cab, etc etc

Am I satisfied with the model?, **** yeah!!!
Old 05-27-2014, 03:23 AM
Green Horn

Video of the model going back and forth and back and forth, moving dirt.

http://youtu.be/gQE-OVST_vA

I was operating for 150 minutes and getting better and better when it stopped. I thought the lipo cutoff had hit. Took it inside and the batteries were at 11.2v. Kept unplugging and taking things apart, thought the brushless motor was bad because it wouldn't work, also one of the valve servo's didn't work. Took the pump assembly apart, then thought of trying to run the pump off a different channel, and it worked. Seems like the radio messes up sometimes.

Anyhoo, put everything back together and flushed twice with the cenex hydraulic fluid because I am out of the oil that was supplied with the kit. WOw! it was waaaayyy more powerful with the cenex fluid. So put it back together and did some more changes. Also while running I stuck a weight towards the front in the cab and it handled a lot better. So just a little more weight forward and I will be happy.
Old 05-27-2014, 06:41 AM

headers is on a distinguished road

Nice video keep them coming
Old 05-27-2014, 05:34 PM
Green Horn

http://youtu.be/vzhl3heaNOU

More extreme back and forth action.

I have added some weight forward under the cab. That along with the different oil should improve the performance. I will post a video when I have some time to run the loader. I might pop a hose, the hydraulics seem a lot stronger.
Old 05-27-2014, 10:02 PM
Green Horn

http://youtu.be/gVuQkrLHjTA
Old 05-28-2014, 12:14 AM
Green Horn

Part 2

http://youtu.be/O0-yuhryej4

Also I made these videos after cleaning up fluid from a hose that popped off the T connector for the lift pistons. Also the other two connections on the T were loose, so pulled them off, cut them down and reinstalled them. All this after being outside for all of 5 minutes. Hopefully I get some time to play tomorrow. Also in this video you can see how strong the plastic grill is.
Old 06-03-2014, 12:35 PM
Green Horn

I have taken apart the pistons and ordered some quad rings of various sizes to see if I can better control the slight leakage from where the piston rod comes out. The stock O rings seemed kind of loose.

Received my package yesterday from http://www.der-getriebedoktor.de/shop2/topangebote.php

Now I have a manometer, new bell crank and more hose and hose sleeves.

I was running it a couple days ago when one of the valve servos quit working, so I took it apart and it was fine. But then the other servo valve wasn't centered and I went to adjust it and got nothing. Motor was pumping but nothing was moving. So I started taking everything apart. I probably just had air in there from holding the pump assembly vertically, but now I had an excuse to finally take apart the pistons and see if I couldn't get different Orings for a better seal where the piston rod was coming out of the cylinder body.
Old 06-03-2014, 04:09 PM
Green Horn

Here's a video from the last time I played before I took it apart because of the servo.
I have the cooling fan running directly off of the battery now. I did something bad to the receiver and reception is good till around five feet. You can sometimes see the black on the pistons. That's oil and dirt, it isn't a major leak or anything, but I still want to try different O rings and see if I can't eliminate most of it.

http://youtu.be/u4D5c_Uv0-E?t=21m
Old 06-03-2014, 09:08 PM

ngward79 is on a distinguished road

Nice job on the video, It's your best one yet ! I personally like the up close shots in most videos. Also, which I could be wrong but I'd get the smaller 2x12 speed control cause the 2x24 you got is just over kill for the motors in your rig and then you could put it under the hood and put the cab interior back in too. Don't take it the wrong way, it's your rig and you can do what you want with it and I'm sure smoked glass would look good in it as it is but I figured since you put all that time in to the body work you should have a full scale interior to go with it. Anyway good job so far and I'm looking forward to getting one for myself.
Old 06-04-2014, 04:39 PM

Sorry, just found out you do have the 2x12 , I didn't realize it came with the big heat sinks like the 2x25. Anyway I just wanted to clarify that I'm a stupid newbie ! Lol
Old 06-04-2014, 04:47 PM
Green Horn

Well the RC version doesn't have the big heatsinks, I got the one with the heatsinks because I wanted to make sure that nothing happened this time. I am reconfiguring things slowly and moving more weight down low where the hydraulics are so that I will have room to tuck the 2x12 between the two batteries. Maybe eventually take off the heatsinks, or at least one of them.
Old 06-10-2014, 11:46 PM
Green Horn

I hooked up the manometer and found out I had the pressure set to 20bar! So now I will either lower it or hope the new o rings seal better. I still don't have the orings because two styles were out of stock and they forgot to send me the email explaining the situation.

I am undecided on whether I should get the rear ripper hydraulic unit for the LR 634, or a King hauler with the flatbed trailer.
Old 06-11-2014, 07:47 PM

I'd personally get the truck and trailer first so you can haul it around , or better yet get a dump trailer so you can load it to move dirt around. I thought about doing a bump truck and having a trailer for it to haul the 634 around when ever I get around to buying the loader anyway.
Old 06-11-2014, 08:44 PM
Green Horn

Yeah that would be fun. I picked up a Tonka dump truck at a garage sale two weeks ago and recently purchased a Craftsman EVOLV 3.6v drill/screwdriver and I have an old Radio Shack 1/10 scale rear wheel drive car/frame I could adapt to the Tonka truck. I might make something of it, I might not.

With the King hauler and flatbed trailer I could try turning the flatbed trailer into a bottom dump like Joe (Lil Giants) has. Only the dump doors would be controlled by a servo. For hauling around the LR 634 I would like to get the Bruder trailer.

I actually spent some time on RC4WD today adding things to my shopping cart, just undecided. Then I went on Ebay and saw SemiJoes triaxle pete and that awesome lowboy he has in the picture with it.

First thing I need is those darn Orings to see if running at 20bar is feasible. I haven't had the hydraulic cylinders back together yet so I am not sure if the Leimbach pump can even maintain 20bar with both valves/functions open. Only reason I tore it down this time is because a valve servo wasn't functioning. After I took it out it worked just fine.

I purchased different servo's this time and noticed that I tightened one too much and it was almost binding when operating the valve. Maybe that's why my last servo quit for awhile.

After I get it together this time I will put the temperature probe against the pump assembly and see what kind of temps I see. With the fan running straight from the battery I think it keeps the motors/pump running cool enough that running things at 20bar won't destroy things too fast.

I also want to program my radio so that I can quickly turn off the pump and open the valves to relieve pressure when I am done playing.
Old 06-12-2014, 06:16 PM
Green Horn

here's some pictures of what I did a week ago to the pistons. They had some metal left over from being tapped and it was really thin and I sanded it off to make sure it didn't break off later.

Wanted to add that I used 600 grit sandpaper from a Testors wet/dry sandpaper package, the red sheet.