RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment > Construction Equipment Tech

Construction Equipment Tech Hydraulics, Electronics, General Engineering, ect in constr equip

Old 04-29-2011, 01:34 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Espeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Hydraulic Pump Motor Control Options

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhhhstix View Post
Thanks for the explanation. Yes I did take offence!

I work for the CAT Rental Store and work on all kinds of hyd systems by a lot of different manufactures JLG, Broderson, LULL, Bell, Trail King, and the list goes on but hay my boss will be glad you explained to me how it works.

Travis
Travis, I know you work for a Cat Rental Store. Relax. I'm not out to bust your chops. If that's what you think the purpose of my post was, I apologize. I was just making a point that pump speeds and outputs vary all the time, so why not do it with a model too. Given the choice, I'd throttle back the pump, AND have a heat exchanger, but if you only do one, I'd throttle back or turn off the pump altogether. Reduce the current draw, and save wear on the components. That's just my opinion. Everybody has one. You don't have to accept or like them, nor take offense to them. I'm just saying....
Old 04-29-2011, 02:30 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

egronvold is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhhhstix View Post
$8 esc shipped from where and will last how long and who warranties it.
Sold at hobbyking; Turnigy 30A (not including shipping). It's quite small, which is good since space is often limited. I think a ESC is a good option in loaders and ATDs, but in an excavator you might as well go for an on/off switch.

My two main reasons for using ESC/ switch are not to have to listen to the awful sound of the hydpump when full flow is not necessary and to avoid unnecessary draw of current.

Many may think there's a delay in the hydraulic functions when using ESC/ switch, but there really is not. You can save a lot of AMPs just learning to operate machines with hydraulic steering by just driving "smart" --> less battery changes = more fun

It would also be cool to change the counterweight on the trackloader to a heatsink with a fan. That would be almost as "the real ting" I guess.

Construction site on Facebook:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Pictures on Instagram:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 04-29-2011, 02:51 AM

iaindunn is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfmacz View Post
I am looking to take some shortcuts to start with. So If you have the .hex binary files would save me some time initially. I use Eagle for pcb design and I make prototype pcb's on a small cnc mill built for the purpose.
I have your schematic diagram, could you post an image of the copper side of the pcb? It will save me some layout time.
I don't currently have mplab installed anywhere.

Looks like I will have to rebuild my development box.
Thanks for all your help.
Ted
No worries Ted.I'll dig ou the hex files and my layout over the weekend and post here.

Iain
Old 04-29-2011, 08:08 PM
Out of control

fhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by egronvold View Post

It would also be cool to change the counterweight on the trackloader to a heatsink with a fan. That would be almost as "the real ting" I guess.
Izzy and I talked about it and it would be cool but I felt it was a bit unnecessary for a toy. Right now with my loader set up it will run for 45-60 min on a battery and that is fine with me. As for the esc yes it has a good purpose but I like to keep things simple and it also give newcomers a simpler way to do things till they get to know their equipment and radios.

Travis

RIP FreddyGearDrive 2-12-59/12-19-11
Old 04-30-2011, 10:13 AM

Juganought is on a distinguished road

When there is not a lot new, I tend to read these posts. You guys have too much talent but I draw the line here....Izzy and I talked about it and it would be cool but I felt it was a bit unnecessary for a toy. Toy!!!! how dare you Travis No toys in my house.. except baby boys stuff.
Old 05-02-2011, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iaindunn View Post
No worries Ted.I'll dig ou the hex files and my layout over the weekend and post here.

Iain
Hi Ted could you pm me and I'll send over files. I use express pcb for layput and schematic and not sure how to post thos here.
I
Old 05-03-2011, 03:32 PM

tfmacz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Hi Ted could you pm me and I'll send over files. I use express pcb for layput and schematic and not sure how to post thos here.
I
Hi Iain
I think you should be able to attach the files like any other file. Like when you attached the .txt files for the source listings.

I sent you my email address in a PM. The Express PCB files might be useful, My buddy has used that in the past.
Cheers..
Ted
Old 05-03-2011, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfmacz View Post
Hi Iain
I think you should be able to attach the files like any other file. Like when you attached the .txt files for the source listings.

I sent you my email address in a PM. The Express PCB files might be useful, My buddy has used that in the past.
Cheers..
Ted
Just pm'd you the files

Iain
Old 05-05-2011, 11:58 AM

tfmacz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Just pm'd you the files

Iain
Got them. Thanks.