RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Kings of the Road > Highway Trucks and Trailers

Highway Trucks and Trailers On road trucks and trailers single and twin axle trucks.

Old 07-24-2012, 06:54 PM
Craftsman

Diesel Demond is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Super Bling trailer mods

that is one bad a@# trailer. you lost all your lights on that terrain though. mine fell out also on flat as can be driveway which is why i came up with a different one.great truck and trailer combo the suspension looks great on the video.

Flat bedders do it with chains and straps,but now im yanking 53's
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 07-24-2012, 07:04 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Supermario is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel Demond View Post
that is one bad a@# trailer. you lost all your lights on that terrain though. mine fell out also on flat as can be driveway which is why i came up with a different one.great truck and trailer combo the suspension looks great on the video.
I learned my lesson about the lens awhile ago with my truck. It was my first trip outdoors and lost one of my fog lights! I was so depressed, I spent over an hour looking all over my gravel driveway before I gave up. Then about a week later my wife was sitting on the back porch and saw something in the driveway, my lens!!! I couldn't believe it! Just a small crack in it and still intact!........ So this time with the trailer, until I get the lights wired in, I took the lens that was loose out and will glue them in once everything is done. Have I mentioned how much I love my wife! Lol.....thanks for looking.
Old 08-01-2012, 03:19 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Things are coming along very nicely. I got my wireless kit from SS Tronix. All lights and additional 14 marker lights are wired in. When I bought my truck I purchased an extra battery which I am now using for the trailer, an Onyx 3,000 milli amp. I made a cover for all the wiring components out of the leftover deck from the second trailer i bought. the wiring for rear tailights are routed up through the deck and then drop back down where the relay board is located to hide the wires as much as possible. All exposed wiring has been painted flat black to try and resemble hose's and wiring harness. And I can access the battery connector easily for recharging without having to remove. Trailer tested ok, all lights working so now I need to get my truck finished to complete testing of system, then I can install deck planks with a couple coats of clear stain. I greatly enjoyed assembling my truck but I'm having all kinds of fun doing mods to the truck and trailer! If I ever run out of things to tweak.....then it's time for the next rig! lol

Thanks for looking. Have a great day!

Mario
Old 08-01-2012, 03:26 PM
CEO of bend over motors."WE DRIVE IT HOME!"

spudd has a spectacular aura aboutspudd has a spectacular aura about

boy you are going to have to rob a bank when you have to replace rubber on that girl.....
nice job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RIP FREDDYGEARDRIVE
Old 08-01-2012, 04:13 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

ya know Spudd... i never thought of that...I'm hauling a heavy load across rough gravel and making sharp turns. The tires might get chewed up...better start saving cash now!...lol.
Thanks man.

Mario
Old 01-22-2013, 05:02 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Hey All. It's been a real long time since I had any new updates on my flatbed......and then Sharkey came along
Thanks to his great work and attention to detail, the trailer has a new looking deck and some cargo.
So, I blew my back today at work , wasnt lifting nothing crazy, just an awkward position and tried to bend a little too much Turns out the worst or most uncomfortable thing is sitting on the couch so instead I dusted off the flatbed and this thread to show ya this...

Sorry bout the crappy indoor lighting but hey, the days are dark by 5pm, its currently -18 F outside and i just didnt want to wait to shoot some pics and videos

then i Realized i didnt put the DOT tape on yet

Notice the double star Tamiya sticker on the side rail?......my crude but effective way to cover up the trailer extension seam

and a couple of Sharkeys crates

so then i got carried away and pulled out the forklift.... it needs some work, tighten the fork carriage and add some counterweight but for 30 bucks from evil bay.... it works! lol

http://youtu.be/fwc-9q5Hn58

http://youtu.be/YMJ2tddjFsk

Thanks for looking , all comments welcome

oh, and the budwiser is remnants from a great football weekend. GO RAVENS ! GO RAY !

Mario

Last edited by Supermario; 01-22-2013 at 05:09 PM.
Old 01-22-2013, 05:46 PM
Green Horn

buzzy16 is on a distinguished road

The trailer is looking real nice
Old 01-22-2013, 06:54 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

BRICKNICK is on a distinguished road

The trailer is looking awesome....I can't wait to get mine together. I have a question for you so I sent you a pm .
Old 01-22-2013, 06:56 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

1985 kenworth is on a distinguished road

hey mario ...trailer lookin sweet my friend...adam does a great job with the used bed look ....i will be picking up my b-trains soon....adam is putting lots of miles on them........thats ok at least the tires will match the bed now
Old 01-22-2013, 07:02 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

1985 kenworth is on a distinguished road

yes you are absolutely right!!!!keep on truckin
Old 01-23-2013, 01:04 AM
Apprentice

Mama Sue is on a distinguished road

The weathered look is awesome,(amazing work Adam). I know you had fun playing with the forklift, crates etc but back to work on my truck...lol..just don't work too hard on it, rest your back, Huney.So once all this snow and cold is gone we can play turcks togehter...Love you and the work you are doing on my truck.
Old 02-02-2013, 08:58 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Working on getting the crates set up Adam.
I forgot to mention that along with the ratchet straps I bought from PMD I also got a bunch of grab and slip hooks. I've been trying to find something to anchor the chains I have to the deck and found this

http://www.ebay.com/itm/100-SMALL-D-...80565764215%26

I think the size is perfect and should work great!

Mario
Old 02-03-2013, 03:55 AM
Green Horn

Dairyland Trucker is an unknown quantity at this point

Mario I have been just watching with everything you have been doing and you are so talented and all your builds are just coming out awesome can't wait to see the Peterbilt finished with its dump trailer keep up the good work and I will keep watching.
Old 02-03-2013, 09:47 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dairyland Trucker View Post
Mario I have been just watching with everything you have been doing and you are so talented and all your builds are just coming out awesome can't wait to see the Peterbilt finished with its dump trailer keep up the good work and I will keep watching.
Thanks for the compliment Robert. Only been in the hobby for just over a year now but the challenges and pleasure I get from doing this stuff is what I love about this hobby I've learned so much and excited about what the future brings!

Mario
Old 02-05-2013, 07:17 AM
Green Horn

civic83 is on a distinguished road

That looks real nice, ive been eyeing those sstronix kits may have to look into a couple!
Old 02-05-2013, 09:17 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Espeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura about

Nice work on extending the trailer, Mario. Quad axles make me think Michigan hauler! Let us know how you like the SS Tronix kit.
Old 02-05-2013, 12:52 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Thanks guys..

I am very happy with and have absolutely no regrets buying the SS Tronix kit. This is money well spent for a system which is small, easy to install and completely plug and play. The trailer board, which is included in the standard kit comes with 2 additional relays which can handle up to 60 led each! And for about 30 bucks I purchased an aux board to connect to Susan's truck which has the same capacity and runs all the additional lights on it. ( sleeper, steps, air cleaners, roof markers, front and rear bumpers and more to come! ).all run by the MFU functions, no extra switches required.
I also got the motorized leg board for the flat deck and it works great. I can't remember who I was talking to at the Indy show last year but they said there was an issue with the motorized leg function awhile back from SS Tronix or it was still in the works. Well, believe me, the problem is solved!
Both trucks now have the kit and just last week I tested Susan's truck on the flatbed and worked first try! Lights , legs, all works great.

One problem is you can't be in a rush to get it. Once you place an order, the guy starts making the kit in the evenings. Takes 2-3 weeks to build and test before shipping, then another 2-3 weeks to come across the ocean. Other than that, great product, great people to deal with and lots of support if you need.

I've got pricing on all the stuff they offer, if you want more info, send me a PM.

Mario