RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's General Discussion. > General Discussion

General Discussion A place to post off topic discussions.

Old 08-28-2011, 04:19 PM
Green Horn

CustomRCmodels is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Lookin for YOUR opinion on Postin like a fool!

sure it makes you feel good if you get , even just a short , positive reply to your building thread or post , but on the other hand it makes some posts/threads are also awful long , since you almost have to search for the sections of the threads which include the interesting portions , especially with these guys with the big banners and signatures .
I am considering myself as one of the old-farts in this hobby ( some of you have started since you struggled over my website years ago ) , but even so , I am one of them with still a very low post count , even thought being one of the first members on this forum , but did already reach the minimum post count required. If this post-count would have been higher , it wouldn't have bugged me , since we do need some control here otherwise things just end up like in other forums , getting out of hand.
These "nice-build" and such short posts could be also done via PM's, or as a visitor-message on the members section , which would make the actual building threads shorter and not so cluttered up .
Old 09-09-2011, 10:08 PM

wayne9428 is on a distinguished road

Like in life there are always people who make it bad for everyone else that causes problems and or change. I people and it's what we do. Maybe there should be some sort of limit for newbies like me who enjoy looking at the art work that you guys put together I wish that I have the same experience that you have and that the art you displaycan be passed on to younger kids because if I could do it my newphews would love it. When I watch it on you tube they watch it with me. So I just what I'm saying is don't stop us from watching and learning what these guy create. One day when possible when I can afford it that you will excepet me and many others with open arms.
Old 09-14-2011, 01:41 AM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Orme View Post
I joined this group in June this year as I am building a 1/16 scale front end loader on a very strict budget. My strict budget is called "SS" The loader is a freelance design and scratch built. I have taken photos as I go along, for my records and I would like to post them here. My problem is the photos are 1.8mb in size and to post them they must be 19.5 or smaller. I have tried 3 different programs and not one of them will do what I need.

I would like read the "buy and sell" posts but I think this is only the 22nd for me. I have a long way to go. As far as the number of posts being listed I think some of the people do not have a life.

Ken
If you tried loading your photos to photobucket.com, you can click "edit photo" on each picture and resize the picture to the desired viewing size, such as 800x600 pixels, which is what most ppl are posting with.

I believe, although it has been a long time since I messed with my own settings on photobucket, that you can preset the size of your photos that will always be loaded to your photobucket account no matter what size they are coming from your camera/computer.

Check it out, let us know if you still have a problem & we'll try to work it out for you. I for one would like to see your scratchbuilt loader.
Old 09-14-2011, 01:58 AM
BANNED

The double edge sword really just boils down to common sense posting... as in, don't pollute the forum every day with just one - two word postings.

Try to think of a question to pose to the author of why or how he did something and be sure to read whole thread before hand incase your knee-jerk thought has been asked & answered already.

That's all we're asking here... use the forum respectively for the informative communication tool that is for the betterment of the hobby for everyone.

Joe
Old 09-14-2011, 10:51 PM

OhioFarmboy is on a distinguished road

To be honest,I hate this deal that you have to have x amount of posts to view the BST section..As a long time member of the PMD board ( I was the 2nd member to join it ) and i checked out the board almost daily and my post total was maybe 20-25 in all those years..I'm just not the type of person that posts a lot,nor coment on every little thing.But at least back then when i did comment,it was a sincere comment.Now i feel like i have to make up a bunch of crap posts to up my total posts.Does that make me a more trustfull poster?.So now i am off to pad my post total to be a trust worthy reader and poster.Randy.
The #1 Man in the #2 business..
Old 09-14-2011, 11:02 PM

Oh and i have been around from back when the Yahoo Group was the big thing with Joe,my fellow farmer from way up north and Wild Willy just to name a couple.In fact i believe i have a photo album there,or at least i used to.Randy the Original OhioFarmboy®.
Old 09-14-2011, 11:12 PM
Out of control

fhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud of

You are missing the point. The post count is to show you want to be a contributing part of the forum not some one who is just here to sell off their stuff or to try and take advantage of a member. Some have made us put these rules in place and I know some won't like it but we have to do it to help protect the forum and its members.

Travis

RIP FreddyGearDrive 2-12-59/12-19-11
Old 09-14-2011, 11:49 PM

A member might have a post count of 379 and still be a crook,it's not like Ebay's feedback number..I can't even browse the for sale ad's whether i am interested or not..Maybe by this time next year i will have contributed enough BS to be allowed to look..BTW i see your point,but i still say it's buyer beware whether it's on here or at a store.Randy.
Old 09-15-2011, 12:37 AM
BANNED

We are re-writing the the bst rule as we speak, trying to make it so as not to penalize those who may wish to see and/or buy from it, but rather restrict those who only joined RCT&C for the sole purpose to use the bst as a free marketing agent for "their" stuff or a scammer looking for new victums. Be patient, some changes will be made in the next day or so that I'm sure the majority will be in favor of.

Ya know Randy, I was #7 to the Garden and if I had taken your approach to using internet forums in the same manner, where do you suppose this hobby in North America might be today?

You've got trks, you built them too and they turned out pretty fine looking to boot! Get off your azz and start contributing some of your knowledge ya lazy buzzard, who knows who may benifit from your own ingenuity of doing things.

The 1st ever english RC trk/constr forum in exsistence is still around Randy, them were the good ol' days, eh?
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/rctruc...tructionequip/
I get two or three "Requests to Join" every month and I email them a direct link to this forum, as well as Scale4x4, the two coolest north amercian rc trucking forums anywhere on the net.

Joe
Old 04-27-2012, 04:50 PM
Green Horn

WhiteWolf McBride is on a distinguished road

Joe...

Did the rule ever get re-written? You might wanna make a note somewhere if it HAS been...

And you and Willy (amongst others) probably remember me. I was one of your mods back on Yahoo, bought assorted parts from both you and Willy, and finally am getting my health in line.

Things have come a long way since we were ~thinking~ about front-drive/steer axles (and they just released the TLT) and adapting the semi gearbox to do fore/aft drive shafts, like the old Bruiser boxes.

I hope to contribute more as the weather warms up, and I can get out and do photo-shoots and work outside (small apartments bite bigtime!)

WhiteWolf
Old 04-28-2012, 09:29 PM
BANNED

Yes it was Patrick!

Forum Rules (top of the forum)

http://www.rctruckandconstruction.co...ead.php?t=2791

(scroll down a ways)

": All members to the forum are allowed viewable privileges to the Buy/Sell/Trade forum immediately upon registration. But a member must be registered for 3 months & have 50 posts before they're allowed to SELL anything on the forum. Just to be thorough, this means NO wanted or for sale/trade threads are to be posted anywhere else on the forum before or after you've gained access to the Buy/Sale/Trade forum!

And yes indeed the hobby has evolved immensely since the Yahoo Group days, most specifically the last three yrs with a fast growing membership & many locally highly skilled craftsman getting involved by making parts for others to improve all of our models.

Joe
Old 09-17-2016, 10:46 PM

Howie is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Lookin for YOUR opinion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian in PA View Post
I agree no character count.

Brian
I think its going to be too much time and trouble for you for what its worth. This is should be a fun fun fun site.