RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Kings of the Road > Highway Trucks and Trailers

Highway Trucks and Trailers On road trucks and trailers single and twin axle trucks.

Old 10-23-2011, 06:07 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Tamiya Cowboy has a spectacular aura aboutTamiya Cowboy has a spectacular aura aboutTamiya Cowboy has a spectacular aura about
Talking Snow-mobile Snow Trucking Inc. 78 Ex 359 Pete

Well finally got a little time to get on this truck it was to be done for a show in Aug but I just did not have the time to do it but things have lightened up a little..

This is a friend of mines truck that he has had for years and it is a great looking rig so I want to copy it as close as i can with very little changes..

So here is the 1:1..

Here is the frame..Going with Freddy's frame rails and cross members..

Roller with HiTeck 645 servos..

And I have the cab some what together so i got the floor mocked up and mount too..

Bumper from HI Builder and AC's from IH Builder..

HI.. My name is Paul.. And.. I.. Have a Cabover Addiction.

RIP FreddyGearDrive 2-12-59/12-19-11 "LET IT EAT"
Like Us on Facebook "Corn Field Mafia"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 10-23-2011, 07:37 PM
I'd rather be truckin'

Brian in PA will become famous soon enoughBrian in PA will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Snow-mobile Snow Trucking Inc. 78 Ex 359 Pete

Thats a good looking 359 Paul! What year is it, it looks like a later one? Nice progress too!

Brian
Old 10-23-2011, 07:54 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Tamiya Cowboy has a spectacular aura aboutTamiya Cowboy has a spectacular aura aboutTamiya Cowboy has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian in PA View Post
Thats a good looking 359 Paul! What year is it, it looks like a later one? Nice progress too!

Brian
Correct me if I am wrong Wade but Brian i think it is a 75 or 78.. Thanks Much..

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 10-23-2011, 08:03 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

glorydays24 is an unknown quantity at this point

I love the old school paint scheme, going to be beautiful when you get her finished

Big John

YOU WANTED THE BEST AND YOU GOT THE BEST THE HOTTEST BAND IN THE WORLD...KISS!!!!
Old 10-23-2011, 08:24 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Espeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura about

That's a really nice paint job! And the 1:1 truck is awesome too. I can tell already this will be a fine truck when it's finished.
Old 10-23-2011, 08:28 PM
Craftsman

Diesel Demond is on a distinguished road

**** thats good work son!!

Flat bedders do it with chains and straps,but now im yanking 53's
Old 10-23-2011, 08:42 PM
Out of control

fhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud of

Looks great Paul. I drive buy a truck that looks real similar to that one evry day only real difference I can see is the blue is a little darker on yours and the bunk is a little longer. With all of these new trucks Joey is going to confiscate the orange truck and you will never notice.

Travis

RIP FreddyGearDrive 2-12-59/12-19-11
Old 10-23-2011, 09:21 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by glorydays24 View Post
I love the old school paint scheme, going to be beautiful when you get her finished

Big John
Thanks Much Jon.. SnP did the awesome paint work for me..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Espeefan View Post
That's a really nice paint job! And the 1:1 truck is awesome too. I can tell already this will be a fine truck when it's finished.
Thanks Much Nate..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel Demond View Post
**** thats good work son!!
LoL! Thanks Cory

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhhhstix View Post
Looks great Paul. I drive buy a truck that looks real similar to that one every day only real difference I can see is the blue is a little darker on yours and the bunk is a little longer. With all of these new trucks Joey is going to confiscate the orange truck and you will never notice.

Travis
Thanks Much Travis.. Joe will be ok I have his started but he wants a Army truck not a pretty truck

Old 10-23-2011, 09:22 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by HV-Weight View Post
Another great start T.C. Looking Good!!!
Thanks Much Heavy..

Old 10-24-2011, 07:34 AM
Master A-Modeler

sneaky-pete is on a distinguished road

Your off to a great start Paul!
looks like you are going to build another masterpiece
I think you must have an assembly line set up in your shop or somthing!
The paint looks awsome.
Old 10-24-2011, 12:20 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

BRICKNICK is on a distinguished road

This truck is looking great already, the 1:1 is gorgeous. I'll really be watching this build. Nice work Paul.
Old 10-25-2011, 06:39 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneaky-pete View Post
Your off to a great start Paul!
looks like you are going to build another masterpiece
I think you must have an assembly line set up in your shop or something!
The paint looks awesome.
Thanks much Troy if it come out half as good as your A model I will be very happy..

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRICKNICK View Post
This truck is looking great already, the 1:1 is gorgeous. I'll really be watching this build. Nice work Paul.
Thanks much Nick.. I am hoping to do the 1:1 some justice the truck is a part of there family and has even been totaled at one time I have seen the picks it was just destroyed and to see it in this shape is amazing..

Old 11-03-2011, 10:30 PM
Weekend Gear Jammer

Exthood359 is on a distinguished road

OK we need to get this thread on the right track......

Paul had a very short time to talk to Derrel at Tracey's truck show and he has some of his facts wrong on this truck and some history so we are going to straighten some of this out because I know. I drove the truck. So here we go.

The truck was built in Dec of 86 but is titled an 87 but is not a numbered classic for you at home in 87 Peterbilt built 359 numbered trucks before going to the 379 in the early summer of 87. OK the truck was speced by Michael Bennett out of Seneca KS and was bought by Derrel in early spring 90. The only truck Derrel bought brand new was an 84 which his son wrecked in Arizona in 86 and it had the paint scheme we have here.

Here is what the truck looked like in 1990 when I first started driving it.

The truck was not painted until the fall of 2009 to the scheme you see today and the stretch on the frame from factory 252 to 303 was not done until the spring of 2010 and this is what it looked like in the summer of 2010

I wanted to straighten things out because Paul is doing a great job on this truck and this build means a lot to me seeing I drove the truck.

Paul Keep it up man Looks Awesome.....

Thanks Wade
Old 11-03-2011, 11:23 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

BRICKNICK is on a distinguished road

Wow that truck is my child hood all contained on 10 wheels. I grew up in 3 different 359 extended hood Peterbilts. I even learned to drive a manual transmission at 12yrs old on an 85 359 exhood with the same 6&4 trans as this truck. We were in a produce pier in Philadelphia with our reefer full of grapes from Chille.LOL...So let me guess its got the typical ole 425hp 3406 mechanical Cat. Just so you are all aware I'm in love with these ole Petes, if I won the lottery I would spend my days buying restoring/customizing and driving old peterbilts. Screw ferraris and lamborginis. I'm loving this build and as soon as I find all my old photo albums in storage I will post my fathers many gorgeous old school owner-operator set ups. Keep up this great build Paul.
Old 11-15-2011, 09:46 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exthood359 View Post
OK we need to get this thread on the right track......

Paul had a very short time to talk to Derrel at Tracey's truck show and he has some of his facts wrong on this truck and some history so we are going to straighten some of this out because I know. I drove the truck. So here we go.

The truck was built in Dec of 86 but is titled an 87 but is not a numbered classic for you at home in 87 Peterbilt built 359 numbered trucks before going to the 379 in the early summer of 87. OK the truck was speced by Michael Bennett out of Seneca KS and was bought by Derrel in early spring 90. The only truck Derrel bought brand new was an 84 which his son wrecked in Arizona in 86 and it had the paint scheme we have here.

Here is what the truck looked like in 1990 when I first started driving it.

The truck was not painted until the fall of 2009 to the scheme you see today and the stretch on the frame from factory 252 to 303 was not done until the spring of 2010 and this is what it looked like in the summer of 2010

I wanted to straighten things out because Paul is doing a great job on this truck and this build means a lot to me seeing I drove the truck.

Paul Keep it up man Looks Awesome.....

Thanks Wade
Thanks much Wade I was not sure if I had got all the info right..

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRICKNICK View Post
Wow that truck is my child hood all contained on 10 wheels. I grew up in 3 different 359 extended hood Peterbilts. I even learned to drive a manual transmission at 12yrs old on an 85 359 exhood with the same 6&4 trans as this truck. We were in a produce pier in Philadelphia with our reefer full of grapes from Chille.LOL...So let me guess its got the typical ole 425hp 3406 mechanical Cat. Just so you are all aware I'm in love with these ole Petes, if I won the lottery I would spend my days buying restoring/customizing and driving old peterbilts. Screw ferraris and lamborginis. I'm loving this build and as soon as I find all my old photo albums in storage I will post my fathers many gorgeous old school owner-operator set ups. Keep up this great build Paul.
Thanks much Nick I am just waiting on the sleeper to get back to me and Ill get going on it again..

Old 11-16-2011, 02:53 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Espeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura about

Wow, that truck is a beauty. Sometimes I get the urge to buy an old Pete just to restore and fix up, but that's the last thing I need. I don't know that I could ever afford to restore one, and I don't know what I do with it afterwards!
Old 11-16-2011, 06:52 PM
Craftsman

does this guy pull a covered wagon i swear i see him at the mill in st. paul called ameristeel

Old 11-17-2011, 08:10 PM
Green Horn

petermoblin is on a distinguished road

Do you haul in to that mill Cory? I hate that place, stupid Gerdau Thats for the history on the truck Wade, You lucky dog. I would love to learn how to drive a twin stick

Last edited by petermoblin; 11-17-2011 at 08:14 PM.
Old 11-17-2011, 09:05 PM
CEO of bend over motors."WE DRIVE IT HOME!"

spudd has a spectacular aura aboutspudd has a spectacular aura about

I drove a Mack with a twin stick for a year.... Not fun
Old 11-17-2011, 09:15 PM
Craftsman

yes i haul out of that place i drive for LAP-HAM HICKEY STEEL! They sure know how to make you waite. I make appointments for 1100 am and get loaded arount 200 pm! and it just a dust hole i would hate to drive a truck i own in there. some guys drive through there like there qualifiying for a race and kick up so much dust! that truck im thinking of is a KW with same paint scheme and shorter wheel base! i swear he was in kasson for the truck show! the kenworth that is. that baby blue with white is awesome cANT WAITE TO SEE THIS DONE