RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Tech section. > Electronics tech

Electronics tech Anything to do with the electronics in a model. Lights, Radio, ESC, Servo, Basic electrical.

Old 09-19-2017, 06:02 PM

DrDiff is on a distinguished road
Default Fr Sky Taranis

This is for people who want help with using the Fr Sky Taranis with Open TX operating system. 16 channels for $250 Something no Spektrum Futaba or Graupner can touch.
Old 09-19-2017, 06:46 PM

DrDiff is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Fr Sky Taranis

So if you are like me and want to use the Taranis with a Tamiya MFU you need to do the following...

On the mixer page go to your channel for lights and sounds copy that line. Put the new line just below the original line Go back to the original line and edit it so you can select it with your choice of switch. Then move to the new line and edit it first select it with your choice of switch and then move to weight and reduce it to 75.

Next go to the channel you will select the gears with and copy that line. Put the new line just below the original line Go back to the original line and edit it so you can select it with your choice of switch, make certain to use a different switch than what you used earlier. Then move to the new line and edit it first select it with your choice of switch and then move to weight and reduce it to 75.
Old 09-20-2017, 12:35 PM

scottyk is on a distinguished road

You can also use this radio to program mixing for hydraulic pumps so you can run it at a idle when there is no demand and then speed up the pump at certain % of input. I went from a over heating pump and short battery life to a nice cool pump and 4x the run time on my batteries. This was in a hydraulic converted Bruder Excavator. I have a 3-way switch setup for off/low power/high power mode, just in case I need to increase pressure for faster movement or more power, or shut it off completely when waiting for a dump truck to come back or something.

I plan on using one of these radios in my dump truck build to control a smoke system and increase smoke based on throttle and dump bed.

Sorry I have no specific instructions on how to set this up. "im at work without my radio here" but I know it did take some experimenting and testing to get it right. and there are TONS of how to videos on youtube showing how to setup various things with this radio.
Old 09-20-2017, 07:20 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Cooper is on a distinguished road

It's proven to be an easy and very versatile rx for me. Thinking of getting another one so I can have more than one operator with my models