RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment

Construction Equipment If it digs, pushes, hauls dirt "off road" post it here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-02-2013, 03:34 PM
Green Horn

chaseracer is on a distinguished road
Default Re: my first semi build (dump)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCP57 View Post
Looks great! Will this be making its first appearence in Campbell River this year?

Reg
thanks Reg I am hoping to make some shows this year. maybe out your way first so you can throw a load on this thing and I can get some real video

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkycuda View Post
Wow! The bed raise is one of the smoother and quieter units I've seen. Great job.

Ken
thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Giants View Post
That really looks good, well done Jason!

That screw is really smooth from the start! What thread did you use?

Those wheels you have, they not come with center caps?

Have you fashioned up any kind of tail gate lock, that's a must!
thanks Joe, no they do not come with end caps ;( but my friend is making me some there just not ready yet. and the tail gate does lock its just little different then normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by D8R View Post
I think there's a lot of very fine, detailed models of trucks around , like this one. The proud builder (should be) go around shows driving their trucks (and this is seen all over world on shows) running at speed and changes of directions not prototypical at all.
I've not been into buildning trucks (1:14) and don´t know if it´s the speed controllers that are that bad? Any idea from you guys working with those?
I know from my time modeling trains and when DCC (computer controls) decoders was introduced that they could be programmed to not make "jump starts" possible. You could programe the effect of mass into acceleration and braking (this was funny when engineer was not use to it). Some of my friends had problems with that but it was a much more prototypical way of running trains.
From videos it seems like the soundcontrols are good, the sound replicates to orgin, if it´s like trains, I don´t know. Is Cummins, Detroit, Caterpillar, Scania, Volvo ........ sound available?
On trains you can have a Farbank Morse, GE, EMD even read that 3 engine gensets was available now.
Dan
thanks I guess and sorry for my bad video I think lol not sure what you are trying to say Dan ? I wish I was a probuilder like you guys my mouth drops everytime I see a build from the you and the other pro builders on this forum I'm not in that league.
and about the jumpy driving that was me lol I was just playing around it would drive smooth if I was trying and the video was just a test. and as for a sound mfu I can't see me paying that much money for sound as cool as it is it is over priced, maybe someday.

thanks guys

Last edited by chaseracer; 01-02-2013 at 03:42 PM.