RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment > Construction Companies & Worksites

Old 10-25-2017, 03:53 PM
Green Horn

Trucker Al is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Skeeters contracting services

Be careful of 18650 and 26650 cells. The cheaper cells are for flashlights and have a lower "C" rating. some are only good for 2 amps max. output. You need cells with at least a C35 rating. I know because I just tried the lower c rated cells on my model trucks and they died very quickly.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 10-25-2017, 10:11 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

skeeter is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trucker Al View Post
Be careful of 18650 and 26650 cells. The cheaper cells are for flashlights and have a lower "C" rating. some are only good for 2 amps max. output. You need cells with at least a C35 rating. I know because I just tried the lower c rated cells on my model trucks and they died very quickly.
Thanks for the info. I wasn't aware of this. Makes me wonder how long the one's I've ordered will last. Neither the battery, or the sellers posting on Ebay has the "C" rating.
Old 10-29-2017, 09:19 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Thanks to my bro-in-law, I'm starting to print the tires/rims for the Ertl Diecast skidder conversion. I don't know CAD, & I CAN'T learn it........................................YET. My computer is too old, & SLOooW! When I open Fusion360, my machine pauses for an extended period of time, then it opens it, FINALLY. Once I start to do anything in the program, the computer closes the program, after an EXTENDED pause, while it tries to make things happen. This will be a bit of a process. 15.75 Hrs each one. I'll hopefully have pics to post when I get them done.
Old 10-30-2017, 12:05 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

If there's anyone out there that wants a modified Cat D5 drive sprocket, I have the STL file for it. My brother in-law & I designed it on his laptop one night. I'll try & get pics of the stock Bruder D5 drive sprocket, next to the one I have. The teeth are a tad longer, more pointier, & grad the tracks better. For now, I'll be running the stock sprockets, but this design, I think will be useful once the tracks start to stretch, & wear. Also I have made another that's even bigger diameter, so when the tracks are really stretched & worn. I'll post BOTH stl files, with pics in the near future.
Old 10-30-2017, 05:50 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

As promised, some pics of the new shoes for the Ertl log skidder conversion
unnamed (26) by Anthony Kalnoski, on Flickr
Old 10-30-2017, 05:53 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

It needs some YELLOW paint on the rim. Having a printer that ONLY prints a single color, I'll have to do some work to this thing to make it look better.
unnamed (27) by Anthony Kalnoski, on Flickr
Old 10-30-2017, 05:57 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

The tread profile of the tire ISN'T quite right. It's more like a tire that'd be on a front end loader in a gravel pit, then the tractor style that'd normally be on one of these machines. What can I say, my tire guy offered me a great deal on this set of tires, rather then the original style tires.
unnamed (28) by Anthony Kalnoski, on Flickr

Last edited by skeeter; 10-30-2017 at 05:57 PM. Reason: forgot to add photo
Old 10-30-2017, 05:59 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

All 4 tires will be printed with PLA at 35% honeycomb infill.
Old 10-30-2017, 06:32 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Got the first coat of paint on it. It's NOT the proper shade of yellow, but I got a great deal on it! 2 more hours & I can add the second coat. 14.25 More hours to go, & tire #2 will be finished printing.
unnamed (29) by Anthony Kalnoski, on Flickr
Old 10-30-2017, 11:10 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

As promised, here's pics of the 3D printed drive sprocket for the Bruder D5 conversion.
unnamed (31 by Anthony Kalnoski, on Flickr
Old 10-30-2017, 11:11 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

A better pic, showing the difference in tallness of the teeth on the sprockets
unnamed (30) by Anthony Kalnoski, on Flickr
Old 11-01-2017, 07:42 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

FINALLY! The SLOW boat that carries my 2/3aa rechargeable batteries arrived. I'll assemble them into a battery pack, & place them into the model. I didn't take pics...............yet. I'll get some pics when I start to assemble the pack. This was the last obstacle holding me back from completing the Bruder D5 conversion. HOPEFULLY the 6ooMAH batteries will be big enough to power the machine for a bit between charges. I think they will as there is ONLY 3 servo's that it will power.
Old 11-01-2017, 07:54 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

I almost forgot to post this. Here's the link to download the Bruder Cat drive sprocket STL file, if anyone needs it.
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2616603

Here's the link to get the RIGHT hand side tire for the log skidder. As of yet, there is ONLY the RHS tire. I'll be getting the B.I.L. (brother In-Law) to help me make the LHS tire. He says it's s simple fix. As they are now, IF I print 4 tires, the chevrons will be pointing forwards (as they SHOULD be) on the RHS, & would point backwards on the LHS.
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2616612
Old 11-02-2017, 09:18 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Feeling the need to have more scale stuff, I found this 55 Gallon drum on Thingiverse, & decided to experiment with it. I mean, what shop DOESN'T have a waste oil container in it?

The top, & bottom didn't fit, so I hogged out the ID of the barrel with mr. Dremell tool. After I was done with the Dremell tool, the top & bottom were a bit lose fitting. I experimented with Plastistruct to see if it would work with PLA, & it DOES!

The 3D printed bungs for it didn't turn out too good for me. Instead, I used an m3 buttonhead screw, & a m4 cap screw. I just tapped threads for each in their respective locations.

unnamed (33) by Anthony Kalnoski, on Flickr

unnamed (32) by Anthony Kalnoski, on Flickr

Last edited by skeeter; 11-02-2017 at 09:21 AM. Reason: typo
Old 11-02-2017, 09:41 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Today, when I arrived home from work, I got a surprise. I had mail awaiting me. The 1S 2P 18650 battery holder/charger/ with built in protections arrived. I was preparing to build a 2/3AA NMH battery pack for it. I'll be using this instead. I'll have 7.4V, rather then 7.2V from the NMH pack. Additionally I'll have 6000MAH rating, versus the NMH 600MAH rating. HOPEFULLY this will be a big enough fuel tank that this little thing can run for an hour, or more on a charge! I'm optimistic I'll have time this weekend to get it all soldered together, & can FINALLY get this thing buttoned up! After I get it completed, then I can get some better video of it running!

unnamed (34) by Anthony Kalnoski, on Flickr

Last edited by skeeter; 11-02-2017 at 09:53 PM. Reason: added missing info
Old 11-02-2017, 09:49 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

I found this thing on Thingiverse.
unnamed (35) by Anthony Kalnoski, on Flickr
It's a holder for the Sabertooth 2X12 speed controller. I'll use this in the Bruder Leibherre 574 front loader conversion. It just came out of the 3D printer. I'll have to clean it up a bit, before I can use it.
Old 11-04-2017, 09:18 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Well, poop! Today I did get the Bruder D4 conversion wired, & battery installed. When I bound the receiver to the remote, I was disappointed. The 1806 battery, with the 1s2p charger, with built in circuitry ISN'T enough juice to power it. The blade servo worked, barely. Every time I tried to make the tracks move NOTHING happened. When I re-opened the model, & started to try & trouble shoot the problem, I noticed that the receiver browned out EACH time I attempted to make the tracks move. Looks like I'll have to go with the NMH batteries, & build a battery pack with them.
Old 11-05-2017, 02:41 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

When my battery idea DIDN'T work I thought about using a traxxas 1200MAH NMH battery pack. but that thought was quick lived, as it wouldn't fit.
unnamed (37) by Anthony Kalnoski, on Flickr

unnamed (36) by Anthony Kalnoski, on Flickr
It's yet completely finished. I'll need to get some heatshrink tubing to complete it. I'll use the heat shrink tubing to keep everything held tightly together, as well as keep things insulated.

Last edited by skeeter; 11-05-2017 at 02:46 AM. Reason: duplicate pics
Old 11-05-2017, 06:43 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

I JUST got the STL from the B.I.L. for the (Left Hand Side) LHS skidder tire. I'm printing it now. When it gets done, I hope to have time to post pics.
Old 11-06-2017, 10:03 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

With the talk of the local fire department possibly contracting out for fire servcves, skeeter decided it's time to get this thang! IDK,....YET, where it'll call home, but I'm sure I'll find a spot for it
http://www.ebay.com/itm/REMOTE-CONTR...72.m2749.l2649

Last edited by skeeter; 11-06-2017 at 10:07 PM. Reason: Changed hyperlink format from HTTPS, to HTTP