RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Tech section. > Metal forming & tools

Metal forming & tools If it bends,twists,welds,cuts & turns metal.Post it here

Old 08-15-2010, 02:56 PM
Super Moderator

tc1cat is on a distinguished road
Default Metalworking tools!

There is no way I am posting a pic of my work area! Only a few have seen the kaos I call a shop! Would take 3 or 4 days just to clean up to be able to see the tabletops! Mini-mill, Taig mill, and South Bend lathe don't see much work these days. Both Sherline mills and lathes do the majority of my machining. 1 Sherline mill is suppose to be CNC but the computer died on it and I am not going to put more money into the computer on it. Main Sherline mill is over 15 years old with many upgrades- 8-way upgrade with DC motor and digital readout. Sherline lathe has 17" bed and DRO added. Other Sherline lathe is mainly used for backup as I trammed in the headstock to under .0001" runout to do precision work. I have too many of the Sherline acces. to list but I think Sherline has to have my name on it at the top of their mailing list! Only thing I really want for the lathe is a quick change tool post. Main problem is I would need over 10 tool holders for it plus their cutoff tool holder is not what I want as I use an upside down holder with great results.
Old 10-02-2010, 11:07 AM

Bodyman is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Metalworking tools!

it might take 3 or 4 days to clean up your shop but i bet you know where every tool is.
the only time i cant find a tool is when someone puts it were it belongs
steve
Old 12-28-2010, 10:10 AM

Mustang is on a distinguished road

Hey Lynn!

I have two old desk top PC's sitting in the bone yard downstairs after we upgraded. What operating system and other specs do you need for your CNC? If one of them will work with your interface you're welcome to one so you can get you mill back up and running. The boss lady would love to get one out of the house too!

Dennis
Old 12-30-2010, 07:41 PM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation

I think few hobbyists' workshops are anything but organized chaos... take a few pics, let's see whatcha got?

Do you have Sherline's rotary table? What's the largest diameter work piece you had in it? Is it quite solid/rigid?