RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment > Construction News

Construction News New kits & accessories offered in the world wide marketplace

Old 05-05-2014, 10:21 PM
Journeyman

tracksntreadslou is on a distinguished road
Default Re: BareBones Excavators

Looks very scookum and could be a good start ...the detail on the cab looks good as well as bucket and most everything else ..not so much with the tracks and cycinders..They also have a link on there site to this forum so chances are thay could be members ..Definatley good to see something come to market on this side of the pond
Old 05-05-2014, 10:29 PM

ngward79 is on a distinguished road

The funny thing is he has a link to this forum on his page. You'd think with his interest in the hobby and knowing of this site he'd be a member here or something. Looks promising but like the other guys pointing out the small details that do actually make a big difference in how well it would perform as is or how easy and cheap it would be to modify definitely brings some concerns. With the RC4WD version costing under $3000 RTR ( minus shipping cost ) is a hard deal to beat. But you can always get the cheap China made KAT and upgrade too but to get it up to par with reliability and performance your back up in price to the RC4WD.
Old 05-05-2014, 11:36 PM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation

This model is nearly twice the size of the Chinese RC4WD hoe... is any China model the new level in this hobby to aspire to? Their electronics & hydraulics are the bottom of the barrel quality!

Perhaps DadsGarage pops up to comment b/c he does this CAD & waterjet cutting for an occupation... for the time & tools involved, I don't see $1500 being that expensive for a skeleton model, swing bearing or not.

Joe
Old 05-05-2014, 11:46 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Claus is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Giants View Post
This model is nearly twice the size of the Chinese RC4WD hoe... is any China model the new level in this hobby to aspire to? Their electronics & hydraulics are the bottom of the barrel quality!

Perhaps DadsGarage pops up to comment b/c he does this CAD & waterjet cutting for an occupation... for the time & tools involved, I don't see $1500 being that expensive for a skeleton model, swing bearing or not.
The BareBones does look much better than the RC4WD, we defiantly need more info on how it is built and what provisions it has but from what we can see it does look worth the money. I just hope it can be finished by a moderate hobbyist and not a machinist.

The bucket looks awesome.
Old 05-05-2014, 11:54 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCP57 View Post
Looks like the tracks are bolted onto some sort of roller chain which isn't a bad thing but definitely isn't as nice as cast pads(look carefully and you will see some are mounted crooked).
The track links look they are stamped out & formed to shape; which is exactly how the Stahl tracks were done. They were very durable & simple assembly.

Joe
Old 05-06-2014, 12:41 AM
Wannabe

thebigo is on a distinguished road

It looked like the boom was a little wiggly when he was installing the boom Pin? Not sure I like the upper boom cylinder connection either. Wonder if the rollers are all bearings and if the drive train for the tracks are durable? lot's of questions on this machine, I think they should show more detailed pictures.
Old 05-06-2014, 12:51 AM
Wannabe

thebigo is on a distinguished road

The German models I think are far above anything else out there in quality, durability and detail but not price. Guess the good thing is you can buy this excavator and modify if you wish, also you can put what ever components you want on it.
Old 05-06-2014, 12:52 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

RCP57 is on a distinguished road

I guess it all depends on how hard it is to make it drive and swing. If you can buy 3 $20-$30 gear motors for the tracks and swing, rig up your own slew ring and afford to buy German hydraulics then it is a good buy I guess. If you don't buy German hydraulics then you might as well buy the RC4WD machine. I don't see much profit in it for them at $1500 no matter what the quality is like. I think most of us compare everything to the HK hoe because it is all we could ever afford. The German stuff is just out of the realm of reality for me. I've always wanted a Lamborghini too but that isn't happening either!lol

No matter what, it's another option and it's in North America. If they are lucky enough to stick with it their product will get better and I'm sure they will offer more things. We all have to start somewhere, whether your a seller or a buyer and I honestly hope they can make it work. I think the best part of all is that it is a father and son deal!

Reg
Old 05-06-2014, 01:18 AM
BANNED

I just approved BareBonesExcavators as a member, so now they're here on the forum... perhaps some answers are soon to follow.

Joe
Old 05-06-2014, 01:20 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Claus is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCP57 View Post
I guess it all depends on how hard it is to make it drive and swing. If you can buy 3 $20-$30 gear motors for the tracks and swing, rig up your own slew ring and afford to buy German hydraulics then it is a good buy I guess. If you don't buy German hydraulics then you might as well buy the RC4WD machine. I don't see much profit in it for them at $1500 no matter what the quality is like. I think most of us compare everything to the HK hoe because it is all we could ever afford. The German stuff is just out of the realm of reality for me. I've always wanted a Lamborghini too but that isn't happening either!lol

No matter what, it's another option and it's in North America. If they are lucky enough to stick with it their product will get better and I'm sure they will offer more things. We all have to start somewhere, whether your a seller or a buyer and I honestly hope they can make it work. I think the best part of all is that it is a father and son deal!

Reg
Reg you made a lot of good points.
Old 05-06-2014, 02:42 AM
Apprentice

liftmys10 is on a distinguished road

I think most are jumping the gun thinking of mostly negative opinions on this machine. If I had the time I would get it. Looks like a good size machine.
Old 05-06-2014, 05:47 AM

Crash is on a distinguished road

I sent them an email yesterday and no reply yet.
As long as i don't have to do heavy mods, im interested.
Old 05-06-2014, 07:44 AM
Fabrication and design , super moderator

ihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the rough

Knowing what I know about setup time , the more units you run the more the cost of the setup can be spread out . To me , the price as it stands is worth it for just the sheet metal .

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 05-06-2014, 10:58 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

RCP57 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Giants View Post
I just approved BareBonesExcavators as a member, so now they're here on the forum... perhaps some answers are soon to follow.
Nice! I'm sure their business will pick up because of it!
Old 05-06-2014, 04:58 PM
Journeyman

Lmackattack is on a distinguished road

Considering what a mass produced tamiya semi takes to fully build,mod,and electronics to get Tito operate...the base price is not that bad when considering the low volume of sales this machine will have...it looks very promising and the cost is not out of line at all....
Old 05-06-2014, 06:55 PM
Out of control

fhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostinoz View Post
Hi all,

I got this email today this may answer a few of your questions.
Regards Ralph

Hello Ralph!

Thank you for your inquiry to our site. Our email has been delayed due to website maintenance and we are behind in responding to all current emails. We are working hard to get all of your questions answered as soon as possible.

Thank you for your understanding and patience, have a great day!

Thank you!

The BareBones Excavator Team
This is the exact same message I recieved and I can guarantee my questions were completely different. so I am still a little skeptical here but that is just me.

Travis

RIP FreddyGearDrive 2-12-59/12-19-11
Old 05-07-2014, 01:29 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Espeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhhhstix View Post
This is the exact same message I recieved and I can guarantee my questions were completely different. so I am still a little skeptical here but that is just me.

Travis
I got an honest and personalized email reply to all of my questions, so no worries. Be patient. I'm sure they are working on answering all the emails they got. No doubt the interest in their models exploded after it was mentioned here on the forum.
Old 05-07-2014, 05:59 AM
Green Horn

carp is on a distinguished road

i got the same automated response then a day or so later a personalized email replying to what i asked the guy seemed keen to help me out since i wasnt after the whole kit.
Old 05-07-2014, 06:20 AM

I'm still very new at this and i'm glad i posted this thread.
Eveyone was bringing up things i wouldn't think of.
This sparked an intrest and hopefully we will get all our answers.
I'm very interested in this for my first excavator but you guys made me step back and find out more.
I think ill invite the owner of barebones to come here and get involved.

Love this group.
Old 05-07-2014, 06:35 AM

I guess barebones made an account here. Now to find him: )