RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Kings of the Road > Highway Trucks and Trailers

Highway Trucks and Trailers On road trucks and trailers single and twin axle trucks.

Old 12-14-2013, 05:58 AM
Weaver Of Dreams

Dreamweaver will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Classy Shak

Wow... This has got to be the longest build going...

Well hello all, Yes I am still alive.

I have nothing to add to the build. However I did touch the truck two weeks ago... Yup I moved it from a storage shed 65 miles from home to one 2 miles from home. Hopefully around March I will be buying a home and I will have the room to build again.

I have not visited the site for a while now, It's real hard to see all the builds and such on here knowing mine is collecting a butt load of dust in a storage shed.

Anyways just thought I'd let ya all know I'm still around.

I hope all of you and your Families have a very Merry Christmas or Holiday season.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mike "DREAMWEAVER" Johnson

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

RIP FreddyGearDrive 2-12-59/12-19-11

Rims and Tanks by ihbuilder / Grill and Visor by Brian in PA / Mirrors, Front and Rear Bumper, Back of Cab Lights, and Steering Arms by tc1cat / Fenders by Stylin n Profilin / Frame Rails by The Late Freddy Gear Drive
Old 12-14-2013, 11:57 AM
Dairyland trucker's right hand man.

dabears is on a distinguished road

Gald to see your still around Mike!! I was just wondering the other day if you finished it or what. Don't be discouraged youll get it done and itll be awesome!
Have a Merry Christmas
Old 12-15-2013, 09:30 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

1985 kenworth is on a distinguished road

wow mike lots have been going on with you .like mario said you have to rebuild your life first and get a solid foundation there first.everything else will fall into place .look at it this way you are famous..look at all the fans you have on the forum here..me included that are rooting for you and will be here when you can get back to building... keep on trucking my friend and stay safe
Old 12-15-2013, 10:56 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

BRICKNICK is on a distinguished road

Hey mike good too see your ok and did forget about us here. Were still watching and waiting to see the shack finished, one day buddy. It will all be worth the effort and struggle. Hope you have a merry Christmas to you and yours, and stay safe out there.
Old 12-18-2013, 02:13 AM
Weaver Of Dreams

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears View Post
Gald to see your still around Mike!! I was just wondering the other day if you finished it or what. Don't be discouraged youll get it done and itll be awesome!
Have a Merry Christmas
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1985 kenworth View Post
wow mike lots have been going on with you .like mario said you have to rebuild your life first and get a solid foundation there first.everything else will fall into place .look at it this way you are famous..look at all the fans you have on the forum here..me included that are rooting for you and will be here when you can get back to building... keep on trucking my friend and stay safe
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRICKNICK View Post
Hey mike good too see your ok and did forget about us here. Were still watching and waiting to see the shack finished, one day buddy. It will all be worth the effort and struggle. Hope you have a merry Christmas to you and yours, and stay safe out there.

Thanks Guys. Ya I'm trying to get things moving. I'm filing my divorce in January. We have pretty much decided that I will take our son and she will take our daughter since the two of them (15.5 girl and 13.5 boy) can't seem to make it one day without trying to kill each other (scary to think but literally sometimes, they have both gone after each other with a kitchen knife but yet they are perfect little angels when they are alone) Starting the ball rolling on a house. I'm back at the company I left when my brother wrecked his race car and was in a coma (must have been a real good bump on his head cause even though he has recovered from the accident both him and our Dad have decided that I am not worthy of talking to anymore for the last year) back to making real good money and got my same truck and pay rate back along with my weekends off.

So all and all things are looking real good for me right now.

Rims and Tanks by ihbuilder / Grill and Visor by Brian in PA / Mirrors, Front and Rear Bumper, Back of Cab Lights, and Steering Arms by tc1cat / Fenders by Stylin n Profilin / Frame Rails by The Late Freddy Gear Drive
Old 02-28-2014, 04:17 AM
Weaver Of Dreams

Ok for those of you that know me you know how I feel about Chevy's. I've even teased some of you for having them (TC)

Well I Still have not figured out what the He!! I was thinking, and no I was NOT on anything.... But well I bought one.

I got a 2012 Silverado 2500HD with a Duramax. 13,200 miles just as you see it here... I was attracted to it by the lift and wheels and the rest of it just grew on me, and I have to admit... I LOVE IT!!!!!

And of course I had to put lights on it some how...

Mike

Old 02-28-2014, 07:29 AM

Roadmasters is on a distinguished road

Love that body style!

Next East Coast Minitruckers Meet:

Arioch

Last edited by Roadmasters; 02-28-2014 at 02:52 PM.
Old 02-28-2014, 07:55 AM
Super Moderator

tc1cat is on a distinguished road

You finally left the 'Dark Side" Glad you like it!!
Old 02-28-2014, 10:00 AM
CEO of bend over motors."WE DRIVE IT HOME!"

spudd has a spectacular aura aboutspudd has a spectacular aura about

bout time you wise up. Sweet ride

RIP FREDDYGEARDRIVE
Old 02-28-2014, 11:00 AM
Journeyman

steamer will become famous soon enoughsteamer will become famous soon enough

Wow Mike, what a beauty. Will they let you drive it with the bottom lights lit up? It would be cool if they did!
Old 02-28-2014, 05:50 PM
Fabrication and design , super moderator

ihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the rough

meh GM nice truck though

Old 02-28-2014, 09:05 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Tamiya Cowboy has a spectacular aura aboutTamiya Cowboy has a spectacular aura aboutTamiya Cowboy has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamweaver View Post
Ok for those of you that know me you know how I feel about Chevy's. I've even teased some of you for having them (TC)

Well I Still have not figured out what the He!! I was thinking, and no I was NOT on anything.... But well I bought one.

I got a 2012 Silverado 2500HD with a Duramax. 13,200 miles just as you see it here... I was attracted to it by the lift and wheels and the rest of it just grew on me, and I have to admit... I LOVE IT!!!!!

And of course I had to put lights on it some how...

Mike
Yeah yeah you are talking to me I know but hey guess what Mike 73-87 chevys is where it is at I would not own anything newer due to the car suspension front ends there junk but I love the look of it and it is the right color for sure.. In SD and IA is you own a red chevy truck like that you are a well off Catholic Farmer..

HI.. My name is Paul.. And.. I.. Have a Cabover Addiction.

RIP FreddyGearDrive 2-12-59/12-19-11 "LET IT EAT"
Like Us on Facebook "Corn Field Mafia"

Old 02-28-2014, 09:19 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Tamiya Cowboy has a spectacular aura aboutTamiya Cowboy has a spectacular aura aboutTamiya Cowboy has a spectacular aura about

Have to say I cant stop looking at it DANG that color looks killer

HI.. My name is Paul.. And.. I.. Have a Cabover Addiction.

RIP FreddyGearDrive 2-12-59/12-19-11 "LET IT EAT"
Like Us on Facebook "Corn Field Mafia"

Old 02-28-2014, 09:24 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

TRUCKMAKER is on a distinguished road

That reminds me of my '76 Crimson red stepside I had. Nice color!
Old 03-01-2014, 12:13 PM
Weaver Of Dreams

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc1cat View Post
You finally left the 'Dark Side" Glad you like it!!
Right Lynn. The "Dark Side" is a great place to be... But hey I can handle this side for this truck. I have to admit no matter how nice it looks if it didn't have the Duramax there would be NO WAY I would own it.

The cold hard fact is you just can't beat the Duramax!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spudd View Post
bout time you wise up. Sweet ride
Spuddy... some people just take longer to lose their minds than others... LOL Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by steamer View Post
Wow Mike, what a beauty. Will they let you drive it with the bottom lights lit up? It would be cool if they did!
Steamer... "Let me" they are cops, not God... They might give me a Fix-it ticket but they can't stop me from driving it... It's licensed in Wyoming which has no law about them. Utah can kiss certain parts.... the only way anyone can really make anything stick is if they write me for having "Unapproved Lighting" as defined by the Federal code. They do that and I'll just change the light to ones that say "DOT" on them.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihbuilder View Post
meh GM nice truck though
I know Steve.. Still scratching my head on that one myself and I got it on the 18th of January. However I love the truck. The good thing is it only has two bow tie's on it. On the Grill and the Steering wheel. I changed the one on the grill to Billet so it kinda disappears in the chrome grill, but that one on the wheel reminding me I own a Chevy.... Got to figure out what to do about that one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamiya Cowboy View Post
Have to say I cant stop looking at it DANG that color looks killer
I Knew you'd like it Paul... It's #74U "Victory Red" you really have to see it in person in the sun. It GLOWS.

Old 03-01-2014, 02:39 PM
Wannabe

hippy is on a distinguished road

very good looking truck. ya i hear you on the chevy part. i would wrap the center of the wheel so it wouldn't remind me what i am driving. just remember to watch the head gaskets on it. i've had 2 and both blew the head gaskets.
Old 11-03-2014, 01:49 AM
Weaver Of Dreams

I'm seriously thinking of selling the Shak.. I'm not sure how much, or even if anyone would be interested. I have also given some thought to asking certain members if they would finish her for me.

Not sure what I'm going to do yet, thought maybe I could get some feed back.

It's been in a storage shed for almost two years now and I have, and will probably never have a place to work on it again.

Give me your thoughts and suggestions please.

Old 11-03-2014, 04:40 AM
Dairyland trucker's right hand man.

dabears is on a distinguished road

Don't sell it!! You'll regret it. There are plenty of good builders who could finish it for you.
Old 11-03-2014, 04:49 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Supermario is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears View Post
Don't sell it!! You'll regret it. There are plenty of good builders who could finish it for you.
I agree! It's only been 2yrs. Heck, some peoples projects take 5 or 10 before completion.

There are great builders who could finish it but they aren't Dreamweaver!
Easy for me to say but you started this build of all builds. Ya gotta be the one to complete it Mike.

Mario
Old 11-03-2014, 05:36 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

bigford is an unknown quantity at this point

I sat on my king hauler for 3 years before doing anything real to it.
it wasn't until I seen exclusive r/c's lowboy that I said that's it lowboy hauler