RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment > Construction Companies & Worksites

Old 03-24-2017, 07:16 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

TRUCKMAKER is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Great Dane excavating co.

he's a big boy!
Old 03-26-2017, 12:11 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Cooper is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9W Monighan View Post
On my journey home yesterday, I stopped in to have a visit with Cooper. I managed to get through security by infiltrating the giant watch dog and little Bulldogs by letting them slobber all over my face

Pretty cool you stopped by!! Enjoyed the time!! Dog approved.
Old 03-26-2017, 07:56 AM
Journeyman

Mikem is on a distinguished road

At least you made it through the guard leg running tree rats !
Old 03-26-2017, 10:24 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikem View Post
At least you made it through the guard leg running tree rats !
Lol!!! I think most of them that wow last years " Los autos de chicken " race are holed up in the attic till spring.
Old 04-09-2017, 06:45 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

The new chains on the dozer work great,,, but then one problem fixed another popes up. Had to make new sprockets also.

I did get some "work" on the new mine claim project.

Old 04-09-2017, 09:00 PM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation

Did you take a pic of new vs old sprockets together?

Was it the pitch that changed or the old sprockets worn that much?

Joe
Old 04-09-2017, 09:13 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

I'll get a couple pics tomorrow, I changed the relief angle on the new one to a bit tighter to "hold" a bit better. But after I cut them and physically looked at them I realized it may have been too tight but they work and don't bind. Only will get looser as time goes . I'll show what I'm referring to when I get a pic.
Old 04-09-2017, 10:55 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Giants View Post
Did you take a pic of new vs old sprockets together?

Was it the pitch that changed or the old sprockets worn that much?
Sorry joe I didn't really read your question,

Pitch was same, I think when I had dozer apart I placed the left sprocket on right side and vise versa. I know it doesn't matter but with the wear I think when the dozer backs up it is more prone to skipping. (Design geometry of high sprocket) and more wear from forward motion. Combined to enable them to skip quite a bit when it was backing up. That's what got my attention. At cabin fever it was skipping some but I just figured I had loaded some dirt in tracks. They were the original sprockets. They have seen three bushing replacements,( track pins worn out) and now a new set of tracks) so how many years she is, 3-4? And has pushed a lot of dirt. Road wheels had bushing replaced, along with new shafts, and small wheels were completely shot that I recently replaced them with steel ones. . I doubt it will happen (probably a new dozer first) but if I get the time and ambition I would like to make track links, link pins, and sprockets from steel. But now I should be good to go for anothe year or two. I imagine before long the motors are going to need replaced. They are worm reduction and only have one side of the final output shaft that has a bushing on it. Frankly I'm really surprised they are still going strong!! As I speak I am now thinking of ordering new ones,,,, Murphy's law!?!??!! Lol!!
Old 04-10-2017, 06:05 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Old ones didn't have as much height on top of teeth and more taper angle. But they were worn a bit. The new ones are also side tapered towards the top of teeth. I hope that will help pierce any dirt that gets in links verses them being more flat packing it in there. Didn't have much of a problem before unless I would have a lot of dirt roll into the tracks from side pushing or sharp turns.

And went up to the local cat dealer today for service on some equipment and brought the d11 with, told them I needed work on a d11 and had it in the back of my pick up truck,,,yeah, it went quiet,,, then a couple of them came out to look. Before long they pretty much shut down and had about 30 people out checking it out. I think they enjoyed seeing it and said to bring it and anything else up again.

And it's not often these guys come to the dealership for trade or service but I got to see an older d11 up close. I wish I would have taken a pic of blade.

The pictures don't do it any justice, I'm 6' and was eyelevel with lower part of drive sprocket.
Old 04-10-2017, 08:20 PM
Journeyman

Mikem is on a distinguished road

Would have been neat to see a pic of all those guys looking at your dozer
Old 04-10-2017, 08:43 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

frizzen is on a distinguished road

I bet the D11 in my pickup reaction was priceless!

It's awesome they let you check out the real one, that's massive.
Old 04-10-2017, 08:56 PM
Fabrication and design , super moderator

ihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the rough

"And went up to the local cat dealer today for service on some equipment and brought the d11 with, told them I needed work on a d11 and had it in the back of my pick up truck,,,yeah, it went quiet,,, then a couple of them came out to look. Before long they pretty much shut down and had about 30 people out checking it out. I think they enjoyed seeing it and said to bring it and anything else up again "

Yea, same thing happened when I took the D6 with me to my dealer to pick up filters for my 303 excavator

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 04-12-2017, 08:56 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Spent a lot of time with the ripper, the clumps of grass are not easy to dig with the blade. Once loosened with the ripper they came up. Stripping all the grass off to get to the good stuff, dirt!! I wasn't sure what the dirt would be like in this location but it looks to be better than the topsoil I had been importing from before. More small stones but good so far .
Old 04-14-2017, 01:27 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

http://youtu.be/kSZGJ2QE7BY

Here is a video. I switched to a different way to upload video, it only took 5min to upload but quality is poor. I'm still trying to figure it out . But some video.

I did bring the tractor over and tilled up the grass. Only one pas with the tiller to just break the sod up. It is still tough to push. Chunks of grass are sometimes harder to push than rock. And the tracks don't slip but hit some small rock every once in a while when it appears to skip. New tracks and sprockets were hiding up well, dirt was pushed into tracks and still didn't foul them. Happy so far.
Old 04-14-2017, 07:46 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

If I get some time tomorrow I'm going to try and get some video of the haul truck and count how many scoops it takes to load. When I built this I knew it would be a process to load it. I like running the excavator but it has now become fun to run the haul truck too. I may need to rethink the lay out and create a longer haul road. . Mario? Hint hint. Lol!!
Old 04-14-2017, 10:23 PM
Wannabe

Efroeh is on a distinguished road

Awesome pictures and video. Your equipment are beasts.
Old 04-15-2017, 05:29 PM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation

Video quality not too bad, you're outside with lots of light, did you save vid on Ipad "for email" setting?

If you had yourself a real track hoe you wouldn't feel the need to cheat with life size equipment besides, why the hurry to get the land cleared of grass?

Found Mr Nutters, he's enjoying ice cream cones down south

https://s.theweathernetwork.com/vide...312993038001_2

Joe
Old 04-15-2017, 09:38 PM
Journeyman

RCLogger will become famous soon enough

The CAT is can push a good pile of material, cool video.

Greg
Old 04-15-2017, 10:44 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Giants View Post
Video quality not too bad, you're outside with lots of light, did you save vid on Ipad "for email" setting?

If you had yourself a real track hoe you wouldn't feel the need to cheat with life size equipment besides, why the hurry to get the land cleared of grass?

Found Mr Nutters, he's enjoying ice cream cones down south

https://s.theweathernetwork.com/vide...312993038001_2
I had been messing with so many different computer things that I'm not sure what I actually did, I think it was an ap called YouTube uploaded. I took video on iPhone and uploaded it with that app right to YouTube (I think) .

And yes I really should start thinking about a new hoe,,, a lot of things are starting to wear, this will be the third swing motor, still works but a lot of play, track motors just don't have the strength. Or some more modifications. Probably go with that when something completely fails. And yes a little extra help was outsourced for the ground cover removal to start stripping the topsoil down to concrete wall grade from the old silo. Really the only reason I did use the tiller was to save some wear n tear on the lil' company assets. I did use the ripper to rip a 6x6' area. Sod ripping is pretty tough on the dozer. from now on it should be all company equipment and no more sub contracting. . Unless stone or soil needs to be imported.

And I wish I would have had taken more videos when we had mr nutters in the house. Thanks for sharing joe.
Old 04-17-2017, 09:34 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

A little rusty with the controls and a little more slop in the swing but some more hoe digging. This is stripping the grass and topsoil from around the old silo base. It's kind of like a strip mine because a layer or grass, a layer of decent dirt, then a layer of shale. I'm not sure how deep the stone and shale is. The dozer needs to come in a do some more ripping. I'm trying to get down to the bottom of the concrete along the walls. And no more sub contracting .

http://youtu.be/VIVwoph5Lzg