RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment > Construction Companies & Worksites

Old 01-31-2019, 10:59 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Cooper is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Great Dane excavating co.

Thanks joe, you know me, I'm always doing the things the hard way, look at it, study it, think about it, build it, then realize why it doesn't work, then read some info pertaining to it, then figure out how to make it work. .

The hard part for me is trying to figure out how to machine it , keeping in mind mating surfaces and allowing for surfaceing. (Also with dimensions of applicable materials that I have or easily obtain. Trying to keep my tollarances of +\- .001. That's on the radial side of things. Axial sides should a lapped surface.

As far as flow increase, the fittings are still less than .125". But larger than the 4mm hose fittings. I didn't take exact measurements of them but that will be the smallest diameter that oil passes. That's why I just redneck engineered (eyeballed) my non existent math . And similar to original valve all mating surfaces get an o ring for sealing. The valve and valve housing is where I need to get a tight fit. I plan on making the rotary valve part one piece, nesting it inside the housing and then surface grinding. Probably going to use the parts against each other to achieve a lapped fit. (Only for the top of rotary valve and valve housing. Then flip them into a fixture and surface both parts to achieve exact same heights. At least it looks that way from the back of my eyelids .
Old 02-02-2019, 06:36 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Still need to cut the outside profile. This part Cost me a 1/16” endmill, not sure why it broke but some tweaking and still cutting other parts without breakage. I’ve realized a good start is to check run out on the smaller end mills. Got it down to less than .0002”. At least that’s as close as my eyes can read a .0005” indicator. Again this hobby has become an endless pit of learning. Sometimes it’s fun other times it’s rum-n-coke time to make it fun!! .
Old 02-02-2019, 06:42 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Forgot one. Since I’ve been (semi) accurately measuring tools my tollarances have increased and re-machineing has decreased. First try nailed the .752” diameter I was shooting for. This I.d. Is milled so not a 100% round hole but doesn’t need to be. Some clearance for rotary valve to rotate.
Old 02-03-2019, 01:48 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

9W Monighan will become famous soon enough9W Monighan will become famous soon enough

Is that ground flat stock on that plate with the O rings?
Old 02-03-2019, 02:09 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

It started as ground stock, I purchased ground stock because of size. First pic is machined finish, second one is stock face and third pic was after I finished it. Still need to lap it.
Old 02-17-2019, 07:11 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

skeeter is on a distinguished road

RW, how did they conveyor belts do at the show? How many hours were places upon them? Were there any issues withe the 3D printed belt supports, or the rollers?
Old 02-18-2019, 11:01 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

I had to leave early from the show but it ran almost non stop Friday, some Thursday and some Saturday morning. No issues. The printed belt supports were proven to run without issues from an older conveyor I had. Haven’t had one wear out yet. But if they do I would assume the supports would go first, acetal rollers with brass shafts. The side rollers nest up against the abs printed supports. That’s where contact mostly is. And that’s where the wear would occur.
Old 02-18-2019, 10:57 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
I had to leave early from the show but it ran almost non stop Friday, some Thursday and some Saturday morning. No issues. The printed belt supports were proven to run without issues from an older conveyor I had. Haven’t had one wear out yet. But if they do I would assume the supports would go first, acetal rollers with brass shafts. The side rollers nest up against the abs printed supports. That’s where contact mostly is. And that’s where the wear would occur.
Thank-you sir for the reply. I was thinking of doign similar for a conveyer, but wasn't sure the 3D printed parts would hold up well enough to the weight from the material. Your system is larger than the one I'll be building. Since they work well on your belt, I'm certain they will suffice on a 3inch wide belt. Thanks again, coop, for the info & help.
Old 04-05-2019, 11:15 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

I was able to start a new project, removing the flower beds along house and replacing with pavers. Brought the excavator in first to remove the larger root balls and to loosen up soil for load out and hauling away.

Old 04-08-2019, 09:51 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

This is the worksite. Raised flowerbeds along house walls are being removed. The small slab of concrete will be removed also. Im going to dig a ditch underneath of that concrete (along that wall to install rain gutter drain. And then pavers will be laid up to house walls. The paver bricks that are down now are being pulled and re-leveled. So this may keep the company afloat for spring and into summer .

Old 04-08-2019, 11:34 AM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation

I see the camera, will there be an hour of videos loading to utube as we speak?

Haven't seen any good in depth footage of your 993 yet ...and it's been done nearly a yr now

Joe
Old 04-08-2019, 12:31 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Giants View Post

Haven't seen any good in depth footage of your 993 yet ...and it's been done nearly a yr now
Yes, I did video several clips. I'm trying to figure out a video making software. Cutting a bunch of videos into one is always better for viewing. Gets rid of the non action empty parts. But,,, it's yet another thing to mess with and I have no enjoyment setting at the computer. So as I progress with that I will be uploading some video soon. I am also in the process of changing all my mix and match radios over to spektrum rx/tx. I do very much like the trannis from frsky but after going over all the aspects with models (construction equipment, trucks, rock crawlers, scale truck, and a couple small park flier airplanes ) having one radio system to program and swap equipment I decided to go with sprectrum. It's going to be a little more expensive, I would like to have the major stuff like loader, haul truck, dozer, ect,, dedicated to one radio each. That also allows me to have multiple radios in case something happens to one I'm not completely out. Can just have some sd cards with models saved to swap in one radio or another. Most of the models will be on a dx9 and some with dx12. And more people are using spektrum that I know so if I need help with something I can get it.
Old 04-08-2019, 12:32 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Oh and I don't have a clue about the pic size, so for now (just another thing to figure out) I'm just letting it ride .
Old 04-08-2019, 11:51 PM
BANNED

I'm talking with some one at photobucket currently to see if preset pic size outgoing links option is coming back or not... I started a $50/yr subscription with them in January... if that one particular option is never available again, then I'll be cancelling.

I have been using this 3rd host when the photobucket blackout had occurred... totally free & simple to use... can be a lil confusing when uploading several pics as the pics & links do not pair together... you'll see what I mean if you try it.

I've been using Windows Live Movie Maker for years to edit videos, pretty simple to use without too to many excessive options to pick from. It came preloaded on my laptop.

Joe
Old 04-10-2019, 10:21 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
I'm talking with some one at photobucket currently to see if preset pic size outgoing links option is coming back or not... I started a $50/yr subscription with them in January... if that one particular option is never available again, then I'll be cancelling.

I have been using this 3rd host when the photobucket blackout had occurred... totally free & simple to use... can be a lil confusing when uploading several pics as the pics & links do not pair together... you'll see what I mean if you try it.

I've been using Windows Live Movie Maker for years to edit videos, pretty simple to use without too to many excessive options to pick from. It came preloaded on my laptop.
I as well use Windows Movie Maker for editing videos. It's simple & easy to use. The one thing I do know for certain about it.......................Do the WHOLE editing phase of videos in ONE shot. If you save the video then edit it& repeat process several times, the video quality suffers! The newer vids on my YT channel have had the editing complete at one time. The new vids are much cleaner images to watch.
Old 04-11-2019, 11:10 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:

https://youtu.be/VG5KacPppHs

still working a few bugs, like didn't have good sound, upload time need to change to a new uploader,, more things to learn,,,, but a video that I was able to cut unwanted clips out to make it shorter and better
Old 04-11-2019, 02:57 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

https://youtu.be/CoIdh2VNWdE

another loader video
Old 04-11-2019, 09:35 PM
BANNED

Great show buddy, thank you

Hyd speed looks adequate, plenty of push power too... I was surprised to see how slowly the driveshaft turns.

Next up the rotatory screener... when you get a chance

Joe
Old 05-10-2019, 12:34 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

It’s been a little bit since I have been able to sit down and do a little rc and relaxing!! Have been busy with work, spring is always a busy time , and I have been busy on redoing the back porch. Found an old septic tank during demo on small concrete porch. 3 by 5’ slab so just hand pounding with sledge and prybar. Was stoped by hearing a splash,, odd,, found out I was beating on top of an old 10’ wide by 15’ deep septic tank that had an old slate lid covering the 10’ span. Partly under foundation of addition that had knob n tune wires, so to say old. Then the old hand well. I got 28 ton of stone and only about six skid steer buckets left!! Would have loved to use the rc equipment but didn’t want to have a 15’ and 30’ hole open for any more time than needed. And rain has been constant this year but I’m finally to a point I am starting to get some time, and need a few hours sitting and relaxing with the rc stuff. So hopefully I’ll get some more videos soon. !!!
Old 06-16-2019, 10:24 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

And thought I would share, sent this to reg, I haven’t run the small dumptruck for some time so it was rather fitting to send ,,, lol!!