RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > R/C Truck's Manufacturers/Venders/Retailers > RCP’s Aluminum Gravel Boxes and Accessories

RCP’s Aluminum Gravel Boxes and Accessories Welded aluminum dump boxes and more

Old 11-28-2013, 08:07 AM
Journeyman

cosworth34677 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: RCP57's first King...

great truck, nice color great dump system
Old 11-28-2013, 12:09 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

RCP57 is on a distinguished road

Thanks cosworth.

I took the cab back off to make an adjustment to the esc so I thought I would snap a picture of the electronics. I mounted the power switch in the drivers side "battery box" so it is nicely hidden and raised the height of the cab a little to give it a better stance. The higher cab height also allowed me too put the battery under the hood. I am running a Sabertooth 2x12 for the truck and box dump so the wiring is really simple.

Old 11-28-2013, 12:56 PM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation

I have the power switch in my KH dump the same way.

What's the electrical device attached to the cab rear wall?

Joe
Old 11-28-2013, 01:25 PM
Wannabe

Stuart is on a distinguished road

Nice and neat, I like it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Giants View Post
I have the power switch in my KH dump the same way.

What's the electrical device attached to the cab rear wall?
I was wondering the same, could be a ubec?

Stu
Old 11-28-2013, 02:16 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Espeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura about

External BEC would be my guess as well. I see a red and black (power) wire going in, and a servo type lead (red and black) going out, to what looks like the receiver.

Very nice job with this build Reg. Are you going to do some more 1/14 scale trucks now?
Old 11-28-2013, 08:11 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

You guys were having fun guessing what that is hey? You all were right, it's just a cheap BEC that I had in my pile. The drawback to the Sabertooth esc is it only provides a 1 amp BEC. This truck has some cheap Towerpro metal gear servos in it that are really power hungry and without the external BEC it goes into protection mode when you steer and shift at the same time. I think if I switched to higher quality servos I could probably go without it but this was a quick fix.

Nate, I am not sure if I will start building anything in this scale or not. I am considering selling this truck and if I did then I would buy another one but I really doubt I will have a 1/14 fleet anytime soon. I took the truck outside for the first time today and drove it around. I have to say that I wasn't all that impressed with it after being used to stuff that is so much bigger and heavier. I guess if I locked the rear diff and geared it down I would like it more. I also think it would make a huge difference if I had an inside place to play. My 1/10 stuff is too HUGE for cruising in the house/shop whereas the 1/14 is no problem. Never say never though!
Old 11-28-2013, 10:24 PM
Green Horn

Trucker_Jo is on a distinguished road

Man great work as always on this thing. I think my yarder will look better with 1/14 trucks because styrene at 1/10 is kind of outrageous. Some day ill have an actual job out of college and get get into alum.
Old 11-29-2013, 07:55 AM

JohnStilwell is on a distinguished road

WOW, awesome build!! Amazing work.

John
Old 11-29-2013, 09:42 AM

Roadmasters is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trucker_Jo View Post
Man great work as always on this thing. I think my yarder will look better with 1/14 trucks because styrene at 1/10 is kind of outrageous. Some day ill have an actual job out of college and get get into alum.
Party boats.... any idiot can do it, including me! No college degree neccisary, just good work ethics

Rcp your truck looks great, I think you've got a best seller on your hands here. Can't wait to see your vendors section

Next East Coast Minitruckers Meet:

Arioch
Old 11-29-2013, 09:49 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadmasters View Post
Party boats.... any idiot can do it, including me! No college degree neccisary, just good work ethics

Rcp your truck looks great, I think you've got a best seller on your hands here. Can't wait to see your vendors section
Party boats hey? Sounds interesting! Maybe I have it all wrong but I am picturing a deck loaded with beautiful, scantily clad women, booze and very few dudes...Too bad that I work on a fish boat...It's cold, it stinks and there never is any Rum! How do you get hotties on board with that?lol Oh, never mind...I'm married.

I am looking forward to the vendors section as well and I hope it is a success. I think it would be really cool to see other people get enjoyment out of stuff that I have made...and of course I would enjoy their money...
Old 11-29-2013, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCP57 View Post
Party boats hey? Sounds interesting! Maybe I have it all wrong but I am picturing a deck loaded with beautiful, scantily clad women, booze and very few dudes...Too bad that I work on a fish boat...It's cold, it stinks and there never is any Rum! How do you get hotties on board with that?lol Oh, never mind...I'm married.

I am looking forward to the vendors section as well and I hope it is a success. I think it would be really cool to see other people get enjoyment out of stuff that I have made...and of course I would enjoy their money...
Well, you've actually kind of got half of it. Around here party boat is a more general term for a head boat. In the evenings we do run cruises though, which can sometimes turn out looking something like what you described. I know all about the smells, haddock are some nasty smelling fish...

Arioch
Old 11-30-2013, 10:19 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadmasters View Post
Well, you've actually kind of got half of it. Around here party boat is a more general term for a head boat. In the evenings we do run cruises though, which can sometimes turn out looking something like what you described. I know all about the smells, haddock are some nasty smelling fish...
So what you're saying is "you're the enemy" from my commercial fishing point of view!lol Just kidding! I had to look up head boat to see what it meant. Around here we call them "charter boats". One of the major charter outfits here operates some larger boats taking 20 or so people at time. We call them "puke boats" because of what generally happens when tourists hit the water for the first time.
Old 12-01-2013, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCP57 View Post
So what you're saying is "you're the enemy" from my commercial fishing point of view!lol Just kidding! I had to look up head boat to see what it meant. Around here we call them "charter boats". One of the major charter outfits here operates some larger boats taking 20 or so people at time. We call them "puke boats" because of what generally happens when tourists hit the water for the first time.
Hahaha, if thats what you want to call us! I would have said charter boat, but I generally think of those as smaller boats. On our smallest boat we will take up to about 35 (65'), then on the other end of the spectrum will take almost 80 on the largest (106').

Arioch
Old 12-01-2013, 05:31 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Haha, Yeah you're stealing fish from my kind. Haha! You're right about the charter boats being generally smaller even around here. The ones that I called puke boats are the largest in our area and are only 40'+. Most of the operations on the BC coast are small owner operator setups or large lodges in the middle of no where that have a bunch of small boats that guides will take out a couple people at a time on. Big money makers though now a days. Locally they are slowly displacing us commercial guys off the water.

I'm happy to hear that someone else on here makes their living from the ocean though!
Old 12-05-2013, 07:45 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

I have been taking this truck apart and putting it back together in order to test every box that I make so I needed to come up with a faster way to disconnect the wiring on the dump drive motor. I had a couple of small bus-bars in my junk so I hooked one up. I made a couple of quick mods to the truck side of the box pivot where it bolts to the frame and mounted the bus-bar between a brace and the rear bumper. I also drilled holes in the cross members so that I could feed the wire though them up to the cab. Now I can leave the wires hooked up to the esc and remove a short pigtail from the bus-bar to the screwdrive. Sometime in the near future I will pick up a stock set of KH rails so that I can set up a jig but for now this will help.

Thanks for looking!
Old 12-07-2013, 07:34 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Anyone for a flatbed? I started putting this together today. It's just a basic little flat bed but I was thinking that someone may need one. I still have a bunch more to do but here's a little peek.

Old 12-07-2013, 07:42 PM
Apprentice

cabs is on a distinguished road

Looks cool, how much is this going for?
Old 12-07-2013, 07:58 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabs View Post
Looks cool, how much is this going for?
I'm not to sure yet because there is still a fair bit of work to do but I am trying to keep it under $250. My plan is to mount this to the frame with the fifth wheel still attached. That way, anyone with a day cab truck could swap it off and tow a trailer.

Reg
Old 12-08-2013, 08:00 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

I worked on this for a bit this morning but snuck away to spend the afternoon riding my ATV and walking around logging slashes in order to find a Xmas tree(one of my favorite jobs to do for the holiday season). My Dad was nice enough to cut a pile of scale 4"x12" planks for me today so that I could throw a bundle on the deck to see what it would look like. I like it.

I machined up some frame braces, arranged them so that they clear the fifth wheel and welded them in place. I still have to fasten it to the frame but it won't need much because the braces hold it side to side and fore and aft.

Let me know what you think!

Thanks for looking!
Old 12-08-2013, 08:04 PM
Journeyman

Mikem is on a distinguished road

Hi Reg just after I finish my flat bed someone (you) comes out with one looks good . Mike