RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's General Discussion. > General Discussion

General Discussion A place to post off topic discussions.

Closed Thread

Old 01-29-2014, 09:43 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Stuff is on a distinguished road
Default 56340 Freightliner Cascadia Evolution (Tractor Truck)

New truck announced at the German Toy Fair.

56340 Freightliner Cascadia Evolution (Tractor Truck)

Also a new sticker sheet

more stuff at http://tamiyablog.com/
Subscribe!!
My Facebook -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Stuff; 01-29-2014 at 09:46 AM.
Old 01-29-2014, 09:49 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Tamiya Cowboy has a spectacular aura aboutTamiya Cowboy has a spectacular aura aboutTamiya Cowboy has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: 56340 Freightliner Cascadia Evolution (Tractor Truck)

Yeah! What A Sack of Junk! Just What Another Limp Hood SWIFT truck.. I Could Not Be More Sick To My Gut..

HI.. My name is Paul.. And.. I.. Have a Cabover Addiction.

RIP FreddyGearDrive 2-12-59/12-19-11 "LET IT EAT"
Like Us on Facebook "Corn Field Mafia"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 01-29-2014, 11:12 AM
Journeyman

Radio Control Trucker is on a distinguished road
Smile Re: 56340 Freightliner Cascadia Evolution (Tractor Truck)

C'mon Paul. At least it's a new truck... not like the 're-visioning' of the KH in black that came out this past year - What a crock-of ----- that was!!

Let's not discourage the Tamiya team from creating new truck bodies & frames. I'd love to see some more models in the near future ... like Marmon, AutoCar, or even a Studebaker. Those would be pretty sweet!!

- RCT

"Keep the Shiny-side Up, the Dirty-side Down & Keep 'er to the Line."
Old 01-29-2014, 12:11 PM
Wannabe

JoseFL10-4 is on a distinguished road

Is ok is not a euro cab. or any fantasy body like a new optimus crab.
Old 01-29-2014, 02:11 PM

sneff is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamiya Cowboy View Post
Yeah! What A Sack of Junk! Just What Another Limp Hood SWIFT truck.. I Could Not Be More Sick To My Gut..
**** dude we finally get a new U.S. style truck and you hate it?? I think it has tons of potential.
Old 01-29-2014, 02:37 PM
The Man The Myth The Ledgen RUSS OF DA LOUD!

russisloud is on a distinguished road

I'll pass, lol

Old 01-29-2014, 02:59 PM
Green Horn

Dieselchopper is on a distinguished road

This truck may not be to everyone's taste but I am happy to see them put out a new US model.
Old 01-29-2014, 03:01 PM
Journeyman

Lmackattack is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Same thought....a 100% fleet spec junk....wonder if the dash will fall apart just like the real ones?
Old 01-29-2014, 03:51 PM
Green Horn

petermoblin is on a distinguished road

Not really my style truck and also not a long nose pete or KW, but a small step in the right direction as far as targeting the us market. Maybe someday they will start producing some of the American classics.
Old 01-29-2014, 04:01 PM
Tamiya Rep

janderson will become famous soon enoughjanderson will become famous soon enough

Sorry to hear some are not happy... Learned long ago you can't make everyone happy.

http://www.tamiyausa.com/items/radio...dia-evo--56340

-->

Old 01-29-2014, 04:14 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Tamiya Cowboy has a spectacular aura aboutTamiya Cowboy has a spectacular aura aboutTamiya Cowboy has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneff View Post
**** dude we finally get a new U.S. style truck and you hate it?? I think it has tons of potential.
Sneff junk like this most that drive truck do not consider a "Real US Truck" this is a JB HUNT truck this is a SWIFT truck of Schneider National, Inc. truck. Would of been better making the new KW K500 I know getting the rights they would not due but they could get it close.. Sneff this has Zero potential and will still be out sold by the king, globe and knight. Most of the euro guys dont even like it cause it is company speck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by janderson View Post
Sorry to hear some are not happy... Learned long ago you can't make everyone happy.

http://www.tamiyausa.com/items/radio...dia-evo--56340

Jay sorry to break your stones we have been asking for a real good US truck now for years and BY FAR your best US trucks you still have are the Globe Liner and the King Hauler at least they are close and we can build a real good looking truck out of them even the Knight Hauler can be made into different models so it is not to bad but this you cant do anything with.. I plan on buying one for sure I have 30 whats 31 but I plan on tanking the motor and trans out of it and the rear drives and putting trailer axles in there place painting it orange with Schneider National, Inc. logos weathering the crap out of it with "tamiya weathering kits" and wrecking it to pull behind my tow truck. I just wish you guys would celebrate better trucks even older trucks not the most hated brand and truck on the road that company steering wheel holders not "real truck drivers" run..

Last edited by Tamiya Cowboy; 01-29-2014 at 04:19 PM.
Old 01-29-2014, 04:26 PM

sneff is on a distinguished road

I hear ya. I was bustin your stones a bit lol. My train of thought is any new truck is a good truck and it keeps the hobby moving forward.
Old 01-29-2014, 04:33 PM
Tamiya Rep

janderson will become famous soon enoughjanderson will become famous soon enough

No stones broken. Sorry to say if it is licensed we have to work with manufacturers. Most of them are going to want to license new items that are being sold now. They want to promote their brand and that is hard to do when licensing an old design.

There is just more to it than most realize. Back in the 70's and 80's licensing was a breeze.

Just and FYI..

Thanks,

Joe

-->

Old 01-29-2014, 04:45 PM
Journeyman

It is a let down that they did not make a better attempt at a classic American truck. They did very good with the king and globe. They look like true American otr trucks. It would have been nice to see a Mack or IH and something that you could either build a nice day cab or heavy haul truck out of it seams all their trucks are sleeper cabs?? To me This is just an example of a cheep throw away company truck.

I commend tamiya for building these trucks for us but I would like to know they take a little insite on the people that enjoy building them.
Old 01-29-2014, 05:13 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneff View Post
I hear ya. I was bustin your stones a bit lol. My train of thought is any new truck is a good truck and it keeps the hobby moving forward.
I know Greg and a new truck means we have parts to build other trucks but I dont see this helping the US hobby much it all..

Quote:
Originally Posted by janderson View Post
No stones broken. Sorry to say if it is licensed we have to work with manufacturers. Most of them are going to want to license new items that are being sold now. They want to promote their brand and that is hard to do when licensing an old design.

There is just more to it than most realize. Back in the 70's and 80's licensing was a breeze.

Just and FYI..

Thanks,

Joe
No Joe I understand how all that works just stinks that the most unliked freight truck on the road is the one that comes out and I understand that you guys want a partner to go in on it with yah but it would be nice to see a truck with some class Like the new KW k500 or a Pete 389 or something other than this. At least now with the 3d printing we can build any truck we want but it would be nice to have it as a kit.. If we used a more popular truck on the road today we would get more new people into the hobby.. I hear it all the time with new people that want to get in I want this truck or I want that truck but then you have to tell them they have to custom build it and then there gone another lost sale another loss of potential of growing the hobby in the US.. I am sure many other guys cal tell you the same sort of story..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lmackattack View Post
It is a let down that they did not make a better attempt at a classic American truck. They did very good with the king and globe. They look like true American otr trucks. It would have been nice to see a Mack or IH and something that you could either build a nice day cab or heavy haul truck out of it seams all their trucks are sleeper cabs?? To me This is just an example of a cheep throw away company truck.

I commend tamiya for building these trucks for us but I would like to know they take a little insite on the people that enjoy building them.
I agree with you Lmack... I am happy to see another new truck just not this one I am not a euro guy but The new Merk is a great looking truck and I will have to have one of each but the new fruiteshaker will be a wrecked load for my tow truck and low boy..

Old 01-29-2014, 05:18 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Stuff is on a distinguished road

I agree it's no coal rolling western star or mack or pete but atleast it is american (kinda lol).

I would like to see more american trucks but them euro guys have us outsold for kits hands down.

I guess it would make a "good" fleet truck? lol
Subscribe!!
My Facebook -
Old 01-29-2014, 05:53 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuff View Post
I agree it's no coal rolling western star or mack or pete but atleast it is american (kinda lol).

I would like to see more american trucks but them euro guys have us outsold for kits hands down.

I guess it would make a "good" fleet truck? lol
Yeah I guess.. AHH I just want to kiss a kitten every time I look at it..

Old 01-29-2014, 05:58 PM
Journeyman

Doesn't Mercedes own freightliner now? And I think already makes a licensed euro Mercedes truck too? .if that is the case. That would make licensing slightly easy knowing they can represent a popular truck in both their euro and us markets. Tamiya already had their foot in the door at Mercedes???....
Old 01-29-2014, 06:12 PM
Green Horn

wolfws6 is on a distinguished road

I'll pass!!!!! Looks boring!!! I'll just save my money for a 3D printed cab and do a build from spare parts!!!
Old 01-29-2014, 06:13 PM
Green Horn

wolfws6 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Yeah I guess.. AHH I just want to kiss a kitten every time I look at it..
LOL LOL
Closed Thread