RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's General Discussion. > General Discussion

General Discussion A place to post off topic discussions.

Old 06-22-2014, 06:53 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

glorydays24 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question What should I charge?

Hello everyone, I was asked to build a truck and trailer for a gentleman. Now I know it all depends on what he's wanting as to go toward the cost. This will be a few months from now. So let's say stock truck and trailer, maybe the MFCU, and support legs. I don't want to over charge, but I don't want to under charge either. I'm wanting another King Hauler myself, and this would definitely help. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanx, Big John

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

YOU WANTED THE BEST AND YOU GOT THE BEST THE HOTTEST BAND IN THE WORLD...KISS!!!!
Old 06-22-2014, 07:31 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

bigford is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: What should I charge?

theres your answer $200. not like you don't like building trucks
Old 06-22-2014, 08:22 PM
Backyard enginier

Izzy will become famous soon enoughIzzy will become famous soon enough

It really is just between you and them. Have a heart to heart and find the middle ground - maybe you will find a number you both can live with.
Old 06-22-2014, 09:23 PM

longhairRandy is on a distinguished road

I'm with Izzy on this one. Personally I'd need to know exactly what they wanted and preferably documented (e-mail or whatever) so when they get it in their hands there wouldn't be any surprises/disappointments.
Old 06-22-2014, 10:31 PM
Journeyman

Radio Control Trucker is on a distinguished road
Smile Re: What should I charge?

The easy answer is that HE pays for All Units and Parts. Then charge him for labor of approx. $400 for the truck & trailer build + addition of $100 for MFU & Lights for the trailer. $50 for the Automatic landing gear (including 5th on the truck, of course).

Anything additional he wants you can negotiate with him at the time. $550 for Labor isn't bad as a start for all the work involved.

- RCT

"Keep the Shiny-side Up, the Dirty-side Down & Keep 'er to the Line."
Old 06-23-2014, 12:21 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Espeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura about

Why not encourage him to build it himself? Maybe instead of you doing all the work, you could offer to assist him, if he is local to your area, and when he gets hung up. Unless he wants a custom truck, there shouldn't be any reason why someone couldn't build a box stock Tamiya. The manuals are some of the best in the business. Maybe you'll make a good friend in the process.
Old 06-23-2014, 07:43 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

glorydays24 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigford View Post
theres your answer $200. not like you don't like building trucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzy View Post
It really is just between you and them. Have a heart to heart and find the middle ground - maybe you will find a number you both can live with.
Quote:
Originally Posted by longhairRandy View Post
I'm with Izzy on this one. Personally I'd need to know exactly what they wanted and preferably documented (e-mail or whatever) so when they get it in their hands there wouldn't be any surprises/disappointments.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radio Control Trucker View Post
The easy answer is that HE pays for All Units and Parts. Then charge him for labor of approx. $400 for the truck & trailer build + addition of $100 for MFU & Lights for the trailer. $50 for the Automatic landing gear (including 5th on the truck, of course).

Anything additional he wants you can negotiate with him at the time. $550 for Labor isn't bad as a start for all the work involved.

- RCT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Espeefan View Post
Why not encourage him to build it himself? Maybe instead of you doing all the work, you could offer to assist him, if he is local to your area, and when he gets hung up. Unless he wants a custom truck, there shouldn't be any reason why someone couldn't build a box stock Tamiya. The manuals are some of the best in the business. Maybe you'll make a good friend in the process.
Thank you everyone for your input, greatly appreciate it. Now I have some options to go with, and this is one reason I love this hobby. There is always someone willing to help a guy, or gal out.

Thanx again, Big John

YOU WANTED THE BEST AND YOU GOT THE BEST THE HOTTEST BAND IN THE WORLD...KISS!!!!