RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment > Construction Equipment Tech

Construction Equipment Tech Hydraulics, Electronics, General Engineering, ect in constr equip

Old 07-13-2017, 10:48 PM

ariari is on a distinguished road
Default eagle mach dozer first time run help

Hello and greetings from a new user!

I finally decided to order eagle mach dozer, got better deal directly from eagle mach than rc4wd but thats it.
Now I have the dozer and I am total novice with it, how I get this hydraulic system to work. Only guide I received from eagle mach is that fill the hydraulic tank and it's ready to go

Well obviously it didn't work. I tried to fill the tank from the cap which is in the back of the cab. It was extremely slow and I hardly got any fresh oil to the tank so I was thinking that maybe it's full then.

Attach battery, switch on pump and start playing...No way. Only partial jerking motion in the ripper but nothing on the blade even I hear the valves working.

So I did watch some youtube video about changing fluid and bleed air from 4200xl excavator but no help to implement it to this dozer.

And what is this valve? https://drive.google.com/file/d/1c6G...ew?usp=sharing Should it be open, closed, half way open, what?

I think that maybe I still don't have enough oil in the tank or too much air in the cylinders?

Is there any special tricks on this dozer, before I dig the oil tank out so I can check is there any oil and why it's so painfully slow when trying to fill it.
Old 07-14-2017, 08:26 AM

Default Re: eagle mach dozer first time run help

I disassembled the cab and found that oil fill in line was totally mangled / blocked inside and there was not enough oil. now it's ok and pushing dirt like it should.
Old 07-14-2017, 02:37 PM
Apprentice

liftmys10 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariari View Post
I disassembled the cab and found that oil fill in line was totally mangled / blocked inside and there was not enough oil. now it's ok and pushing dirt like it should.
Glad you got it figured out. Hopefully the pump is not prematurely worn out due to running dry.
Old 07-14-2017, 04:21 PM
Wannabe

Efroeh is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariari View Post
We need some videos/picture to see this unit working.
Old 07-15-2017, 03:00 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Northern Farmer is on a distinguished road

The valve pictured is your pressure regulator. These manuals will come in handy

http://www.beadlok.com/product/image...ription_V4.pdf

http://www.rc4wd.co.uk/product/manual/VV-JD00015.pdf
Old 07-15-2017, 10:43 AM

Yard Toad is on a distinguished road

Congratulations on your new dozer!!! glad to here you got the hydraulics working as they should.
If I can, I would like to suggest a few things that i have found to be helpful with my dozer. Be sure you inspect for loose 2mm screws, loctite your track pins as they want to work their way loose and drag on the bottom roller guides, check and set your end points (pump speed) mine came set too high!!! 100%. Also make sure you are only powering your receiver with one power source. Mine had multiple power sources feeding it. You will have to remove some red BEC wires to do this. Hope this helps, and keeps your machine running strong!!! Really have enjoyed mine!!
Old 07-28-2017, 08:46 AM

I must check those things when I get back to home and thanks for the radio manual.

I have noticed that pump is quite loud and the hydraylic movements are kinda fast. I can post a video when I get back home in two weeks so you can make conclusions about the pump sound.

Tilting the blade with these out of the box settings is very hard because even light touch on the controller roll will tilt it all the way in a second. So it's result of too high speed of the pump rather than the valve movement?

I have ran the dozer now about five times with 5000 mAh battery without problems but the last time when I gave the dozer small test run I noticed that if I lift the blade up it slowly comes down.
I need to do some troubleshooting with those two cylinders and valves too. I don't know how normal is it but in my machine almost every cylinder is somewhat covered in oil and friend of mine told me that no problem at all, it's like a real thing But i think that could be problem if the hydraulic lines to cylinders are leaking.

I must do proper check on everything like suggested in here when I get back to home. Even it worked for a while following eagle mach instructions: just add oil, battery and start pushing!
Old 07-28-2017, 11:58 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Eagle machinery models all come delivered with the pump running full on which is why the noise level is so high and resulting in quick hydraulic movement. As Yard Toad mentioned adjust the hydraulic pump, you go in your transmitter settings and adjust your end points. Pick up some hydraulic sealant and put some on your fittings and tighten everything up, this will help stop the leaks. Sounds like you have air in your lines which can cause your cylinders to slowly sag.

This should give you an idea what the dozer is like when properly tuned
https://youtu.be/csjacTuWigA
Old 07-28-2017, 05:27 PM
Wannabe

Efroeh is on a distinguished road

Tony's dozer is a very nice model. It has some upgrades not sure if the stock eagle would run as smooth as his.
Old 07-28-2017, 06:20 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Lou's dozer movements are quite accurate and is stock. Only mod I know Tony did to his hydraulics is upgrade his pump to a Premacon 600 ml./min.