RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's General Discussion. > General Discussion

General Discussion A place to post off topic discussions.

Old 02-16-2017, 08:07 PM

baker3 is on a distinguished road
Default Vintage R/C Excavator

Well, its been a while since I posted here but I recently scored a couple of new projects. First is the Vintage New Bright Excavator. I got a killer deal on it and it works perfectly. Already upgraded it to run of a battery pack instead of 4 C batteries. Should I tear into this and upgrade it fully or should I leave it be? Opinions are welcome. 2nd is the "disco" R/C tracked loader. This thing is annoying. Cool things is it has engine sounds but it plays an annoying song when going forward. Plus the red and blue led light on the boom. Let me know what you guys think.
Old 02-17-2017, 01:02 PM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation
Default Re: Vintage R/C Excavator

I had one of them 25yrs ago, got it from Toy-R-US for about $120?... the plastic gear drives, it don't take much to strip them... doesn't have a swing drive... rubber tracks tear easily... it's not a vehicle for outside in the sandbox. Had the dozer as well, didn't last an hour pushing snow before a rubber track tore. Why put money into a plastic toy that's never gonna have power enough to dig more than sawdust without breaking...

Joe
Old 02-18-2017, 05:02 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Claus is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Vintage R/C Excavator

Not everybody can afford a $10K hoe, if it makes you happy and doesn't hurt somebody else, do it. If you can afford something more durable and more useful, I would go that route as I'm sure you will get more enjoyment of something like the 4200XL, 360L (Eagle Machinery) or a Magom hoe. I think any of those would put you in the $1500 to $3500 range. Of coarse there are other too.....