RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment > Construction Companies & Worksites

Old 12-16-2011, 08:31 PM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation
Default Re: Hauling Dirt out of my basement (present day)

Yes, the slip ring that connects the track motors to the house. I put a brass washer under the copper tabs so the tabs press a little harder on the ring... and with the grease added, maybe I never have to take it apart again.

This 850 is my all time favorite model to run.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7uZQRGZN2A

Joe
Old 12-17-2011, 02:34 PM

paul1980 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Giants View Post
I'd say it's probably a rotary valve Reg, here's some pics from Vario's site. Can't tell you anything more than that.
http://www.vario-earthmovers.com/bau...0-teil-10.html

I ran the HK last nite for an hour Greg, the 1st time in a couple of months, and it really sucks in fluent movement compared to the 850.

I tried when I 1st got it last July to make the ch mix work via radio menu & couldn't get nothing. Last nite I was gonna try to adjust some of the valves EPA's similar to how I programmed the 850, and couldn't get into the menu settings. And playtime for the HK hoe ended when the lights flickered & then the pump rpm slowed right down... I tried it today & the pump speed is still slow, like the esc might be junk?! Crap crap crap!

When I get my DX8 rx replacement from Albert, I'll try that Spektrum radio to improve the model's performanace... if it's possible?

Also, when I parked the HK last nite, I noticed alot of oil sitting atop the boom cyls, could the seals be toast already?!

Idk? this is a pretty crappy model compared to the german ones... or atleast mine is. I like this model’s range of motion & reach, but the radio & hyd system is garbage! I might have to change it all before I get it working as smoothly as the 850.

Here's a video with the HK 1st, then the Stahl.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KovkRSYJSGQ

After using the 850 virtually everyday for the last month, these two smaller hoes are kinda slow & unresponsive in comparison.
Would you not recommend the HK model now you have used it a while? I was looking to order it early next year but might leave it if you say its a bit useless.
Old 12-17-2011, 04:56 PM
Wannabe

Azonic will become famous soon enough

Joe, do you have a model switch on your radio or do you use 2 radios? I have to get one when spring returns, i want the zwo4 from servonaut but its very expensive, but it fits nice in my radio and it has nice functions, or a cheaper one i can get from CTI, i cant stand to lift my a** everytime i need to change model.
Old 12-17-2011, 04:58 PM
BANNED

Idk... the RTR kit as a whole by itself has potential! However, with it's crap radio & crap valves, out of the box it will still work, just not very well... maybe mine is just one of the lemons. From what I've read on the norwegian forum, there's a few owners having similar problems.

It's a great midsized excavator with long reach & high lift that's not overly heavy to cart around. It's a little better suited size wise for 14th scale dump trks than the others like Stahl, Damitz or Liebherrmodell. But I think some addtional funds are necessary to improve the low grade rc gear & hyd system for optium performance.

Somebody is working on a mount to seperate the direct mount motor/pump into a belt drive 3:1 reduction. Plus with a change of radio, I'll go from there.

Joe
Old 12-17-2011, 05:04 PM
BANNED

I use two radios Kalle. The dump trks don't require much sophistification as the constr models, get by with a radio a third the price.

The model ID switch within these Spektrum radios is like 5 to 10secs. How long does it take to switch the Servonaut system or CTI?

Joe
Old 12-17-2011, 05:56 PM
Wannabe

Azonic will become famous soon enough

Quote:
I use two radios Kalle. The dump trks don't require much sophistification as the constr models, get by with a radio a third the price.

The model ID switch within these Spektrum radios is like 5 to 10secs. How long does it take to switch the Servonaut system or CTI?
Ok i see, thats one to do it.

Both the servonaut and CTI is by a push of a 2 or 3 pos switch and you have switched model, i like that and the fact that you only need one radio.
Old 12-17-2011, 07:09 PM

paul1980 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Idk... the RTR kit as a whole by itself has potential! However, with it's crap radio & crap valves, out of the box it will still work, just not very well... maybe mine is just one of the lemons. From what I've read on the norwegian forum, there's a few owners having similar problems.

It's a great midsized excavator with long reach & high lift that's not overly heavy to cart around. It's a little better suited size wise for 14th scale dump trks than the others like Stahl, Damitz or Liebherrmodell. But I think some addtional funds are necessary to improve the low grade rc gear & hyd system for optium performance.

Somebody is working on a mount to seperate the direct mount motor/pump into a belt drive 3:1 reduction. Plus with a change of radio, I'll go from there.
Thanks for the info/feedback..

Do you have a link for the norwegian forum discussion about it?
Old 12-18-2011, 01:56 PM
Journeyman

pigeonfarmboy is on a distinguished road

Joe, you ever had any issues with the worm gear swing on the Vario? When the boom is rotating "downhill" it pulses really violently shaking the whole model. Doesn't seem to be a way to adjust the gear mesh? Talking with Izzy and Travis over the weekend, they were thinking the gear reduction might not be low enough. Thinking the heavier grease they use isn't helping much. Worm gears always work better with lighter oil/grease.
Old 12-18-2011, 02:34 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

egronvold is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul1980 View Post
Thanks for the info/feedback..

Do you have a link for the norwegian forum discussion about it?
www.rclastebil.no/forum

"FrodeS" is the Norwegian rep. As far as I know, the electronics have been changed on the recent deliveries I think they changed the factory putting the machine together as well...

Construction site on Facebook:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Pictures on Instagram:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 12-19-2011, 07:28 AM
BANNED

Thanx for the aid Emil.

YEP! I had mega problems with that worm drive, tried many different esc's to correct the problem, but couldn't.

A german friend set me up with a direct mount planetary gearhead motor and that solved all my problems. It's been working perfectly ever since. The only downside is that I had to hack up the body to get the body to sit flush with the floor as the vertical ghmotor is too tall.

I sent him a mail to see what he can do for you.

Joe
Old 12-19-2011, 09:20 PM
Journeyman

pigeonfarmboy is on a distinguished road

The tinkerer in me wants to figure out a way to get it to work. Unfortunately Frank didn't have any helpful ideas/feedback.
Old 01-02-2012, 10:33 PM
BANNED

With the xmas/ny's holidays the last few wks, I haven't accomplished much digging. But I did do some rain dancing.

A slow dribble, maybe a gallon an hour for eight hrs last Friday, got a nice even soak over a large area. It made for sweet digging tonite! Peeled the dirt away like cheese grader.

I had to dig on three sides before popping this boulder out... I just luv the power this model has!

And a vid of tonite's digging fun.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CT0HNjTvM9s

Joe
Old 01-03-2012, 01:29 AM
Wannabe

RCTech9 is on a distinguished road

Nice progress!

Old 01-03-2012, 09:40 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

SmallHaul will become famous soon enoughSmallHaul will become famous soon enough

Cool vid Joe, that machine even sounds powerful.

"No load is too Small"
Old 01-03-2012, 01:45 PM
BANNED

Thanx guys. With the sound of that pump motor working, I was thinking who needs a sounds system, sounds pretty close to real to me.

And another... poor lighting in this one... using the little guy. I think I will replumb this one with .5mm larger hoses & fittings, just a little too slow for liking anymore.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UixHVTGSgmk

Joe
Old 01-03-2012, 06:15 PM
Apprentice

trucker n is on a distinguished road

hey joe if its to slow for yah you can always send it my way
Old 01-03-2012, 11:23 PM

dsm4g63punk is on a distinguished road

Holy cow that 850 has some serious power! Your reviews on your RC4WD excavator have been very insightful.
Old 01-03-2012, 11:35 PM
BANNED

Thanx & thanx.

Hopefully my DX8 rx replacement shows up this wk so I can try a different radio in that HK hoe, maybe make it work a little better.

Don't hold your breath Neil.

Joe
Old 01-04-2012, 12:02 AM
Journeyman

RCLogger will become famous soon enough

Good thing you never got the 850 five years ago because you would have put yourself out of work a long time ago..lol

greg
Old 01-04-2012, 12:30 AM
Wannabe

RCTech9 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCLogger View Post
Good thing you never got the 850 five years ago because you would have put yourself out of work a long time ago..lol

greg
At least out of the basement!