RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment > Construction Companies & Worksites

Old 02-08-2015, 04:49 PM

Blender is on a distinguished road
Default International Genetics Construction

A fictional company from the Jurassic Park series. Why the INGen name? I like the looks of the logo. All of vehicles are barely finished or hardly started. What better place to dump a pile of in-progress photos that here? All trucks will be grey with black trim bearing INGen logos. Maybe posting pictures will help me finish this stuff in a timely manner.

Current/future vehicles:
  • Scania Flat bed (6x6)
  • Mercedes Dumper (undecided 6x6 or 6x4)
  • TH407C Telehandler

Current/future accessories:

Logos fresh out of the printer. Black toner on a clear backing

Decal test on the scania. Needs a little more clear to fully bury the decal edges. Flat roof is on order form rcbrmin, but may be saved for a future truck. It's kind of ridiculous to have a 6x6 flatbed....

Casting of a barrier. Reusable silicone mold with plaster added. Finished weight: ~1.25 lbs designed to be liftable with the telehandler

Current Stock of barricades with telehandler chassis and arrow board
Old 02-08-2015, 05:01 PM
Green Horn

Trucker_Jo is on a distinguished road
Default Re: International Genetics Construction

Pretty cool! I think the plaster road barriers are awesome
Old 02-08-2015, 05:05 PM

TH407C Telehandler progress:

Initial design was roughed out in CAD. Chassis was prototyped to confirm the driveline layout is functional (see video). Final parts are being ordered now to verify dimensions/fitment against CAD model. Currently the lift cylinder will collide with the front steering servo, but I think I found a sufficiently small HV servo with acceptable torque (115 oz-in @8.4v).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIFmRdYqy9M

Hydraulics still work after being shelved for a few years. Pump inlet/out were drilled out to M5 to use readily available SMC banjo fittings. Also ultra tiny 1.2mm lines are required for the tilt cylinder. This will kill the pressure and speed, but it's the only way to keep the telescope functional with hidden lines. I'll need a larger custom reservoir too which is a bummer
Old 02-08-2015, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trucker_Jo View Post
Pretty cool! I think the plaster road barriers are awesome
A little crumbly just like the real thing. Also dirt cheap to make
Old 01-24-2016, 02:43 PM

Made some progress on the TH407C telehandler. Before paint it was up and running as 2WD/4WS without the telescope. I was having trouble with load holding when the pump slowed down, so no video. I assume I poorly set center on the valves.

Battery life was poor at ~6 minutes on a 2S 1000Mah pack, so I'm redesigning the cab to accept a larger ~2400 Mah pack.

Construction is all steel and brass. Axles are 3d printed as alumitide.

showing 150mm telescope. May only get 140mm depending on the cylinder I use.

Quick disconnect via vertical drop in. I'll need to add a lock down fastener because I did unhook it once while the model was powered up and running.

Front steering by a HV micro servo. It's a little optimistic with its specs (8.27cm-kg/114oz-in), but it can turn the front wheels on carpet with a load on the forks

Changed to a Magom HRC pump for higher pressure, but swapped out the motor and the reservoir to allow fitment. Each cylinder is supplied with a tiny 1.2mm ID line. Bigger lines won't fit or bend where I need them too.

Tight fit even with 2 spool valve block. I'll pick up a 3x once I decide on the telescope cylinder. The leimbach 150mm stroke cylinder is the fall back, but I want to try customizing the Rc4WD/China cylinder first

Not much progress on the Scania. Needs the bed brazed, deck built and the tranny mounted.
Old 01-24-2016, 07:49 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

bigford is an unknown quantity at this point

very cool
Old 02-08-2016, 08:29 PM

It's alive! Well, except for the telescope, and 4wd.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3ce6G72fvw

Figured out my load holding issues were not valve related. The rc4wd lift cylinder had an internal leak. Found a replacement o ring at the hardware store and no more saggy hydraulics. I do like the serviceable style cylinder and will stock up when they are available again. I haven't tried creating a custom length yet.

Also received the 3d printed engine covers. Fan mounting provisions and the flat deck will hold the electronics. It's going to be a tight fit for everything so I'm going to skip the arduino controlled light system and just run a single rotary beacon.

It's starting to look like something.
Old 02-08-2016, 10:11 PM

logger/dirtman is on a distinguished road

wicked cool, Did you just use a ucb connecting it directly to the receiver or not i am interested into how you did that i am in the process of doing an ariel lift and trying to get the electrical circuit figured out. Also thanks for the pic of the cylinder just what i was looking for.
Old 02-09-2016, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by logger/dirtman View Post
wicked cool, Did you just use a ucb connecting it directly to the receiver or not i am interested into how you did that i am in the process of doing an ariel lift and trying to get the electrical circuit figured out. Also thanks for the pic of the cylinder just what i was looking for.

Servos and speed controllers are all standard RC plugs right into the receiver.