RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment > Construction Companies & Worksites

Old 03-20-2016, 09:59 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Supermario is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Great Dane excavating co.

She's a beautiful beast RW!
The esc might be a little jerky right now but I wonder how will it react when fully loaded. I wonder how much dirt this thing is gonna haul? 70-80 lbs?
Old 03-20-2016, 10:49 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

RCP57 is on a distinguished road

You've finally reached my favorite part! The body! Great job my friend. She's one of a kind!
Old 03-20-2016, 01:51 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Cooper is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCP57 View Post
You've finally reached my favorite part! The body! Great job my friend. She's one of a kind!
Your a sicko reg!!! Lol!! Your favorite part is my hair pulling, better hit the distributor for a couple cases of beer, oh crap-do I have another piece like that, I know I measured that correct, ok what's on tv, part of the building process!!

But slowly gettin-her-done!!
Old 03-24-2016, 10:36 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Some time today, picked up this smaller torch with a flex head ( all yours reg )

It is a lot easier to hold after I get past the small shock from shortsleves!!! And slowly getting the hang of tiggin

And some of the progress on upper deck

Old 03-24-2016, 10:44 PM
Journeyman

Mikem is on a distinguished road

Looking good . Tried welding steel today and way out of practice ! Mike
Old 03-24-2016, 10:50 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Awesome! I need to take my own advice and buy one of those flex heads for my 150a torch. It looks like the cup is shorter on that one as well? What brand is it? I try to buy stuff locally but it can be a joke. Either pay way too much and get it or find a reasonable price but they won't order it until they place a massive order in 6 weeks or whatever. Now that I am more current with online shopping I guess I should take a look.lol It's kinda cool to finally see someone else welding aluminum body parts together! Keep the updates coming!
Old 03-24-2016, 11:02 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCP57 View Post
Awesome! I need to take my own advice and buy one of those flex heads for my 150a torch. It looks like the cup is shorter on that one as well? What brand is it? I try to buy stuff locally but it can be a joke. Either pay way too much and get it or find a reasonable price but they won't order it until they place a massive order in 6 weeks or whatever. Now that I am more current with online shopping I guess I should take a look.lol It's kinda cool to finally see someone else welding aluminum body parts together! Keep the updates coming!
Obviously I'm not to experienced in welding but I picked it up off eBay. Had the correct dinse connector and quick connect gas fitting. Was a plug-n-play item. I purchased separate gas lense collets/cups for it. A friend told me a gas lense has better gas coverage and easier to use by having ability to extend electrode a bit farther out. Anything to help me with the eye hand control and being able to see what I'm doing better. It's a wp9 torch and using 13n collets/lense.
Old 03-24-2016, 11:07 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Haha, just jumped back over here from eBanger. Stuff is cheap on there compared to local. Going to hit "buy" on a few things. Thanks for the kick in the azz.
Old 03-27-2016, 10:40 PM
Apprentice

DADSGARAGE is on a distinguished road

Great job on building this truck, and those tires you made for it are a perfect fit, they really add to the scale look!!!
Old 03-28-2016, 05:43 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by DADSGARAGE View Post
Great job on building this truck, and those tires you made for it are a perfect fit, they really add to the scale look!!!
Thanks!! Boy do I wish I had access to a water jet!! Every time I go to your builds I keep thing of my Christmas list for next year but Santa already told me a waterjet doesn't fit in his sled!! Lol!! Hey great build you are doing on that shovel!! So far most of what I had in my head has been working for this build. Only problem I see now is getting the double acting telescopic cylinders built and working.
Old 03-28-2016, 09:22 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Got cab taped, have some details to cut in before welding together.
Old 03-29-2016, 08:08 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

9W Monighan will become famous soon enough9W Monighan will become famous soon enough

Very nice. You can just fuse those seams together without filler but you need to be careful not to round over the sharp edge or you will need some filler to grind off.
Old 03-29-2016, 11:07 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

bigford is an unknown quantity at this point

i can't wait for the pic of the 4200 curled in the bed of this monster
Old 03-29-2016, 12:39 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9W Monighan View Post
Very nice. You can just fuse those seams together without filler but you need to be careful not to round over the sharp edge or you will need some filler to grind off.
I'm still at that point that I don't know when to back off more , in an instant the edge is gone. Just need more time doing it I guess. I've been trying to add as little as possible on the filler, I guess it's a lot like drywall, the more mud you put on the more you have to sand off. How often do you change how much gas is coming out? I've been having a hard time on inside corners and I'm thinking I may have too much gas flow as arc gets a little erratic and wanders. Does that sound correct? I've set up between 15-20 for flow. I don't know if that is what's coming out of torch as the gauge and flow meter is at tank. I don't have one of those to slip over torch. And from what I've been reading a lot is knowing how to read the arc and what it's doing to dictate what setting is needed. I'm using gas lense.
Old 03-29-2016, 12:50 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigford View Post
i can't wait for the pic of the 4200 curled in the bed of this monster
Me too!! I have to secure the top plates down and make sure cab is in correct location and then I can start bending up the bed. I don't want to weld much together yet as I need to cut details in while pieces are apart and easier to clamp down. And am still unsure what I'm welding together and bolting together to be able to have somewhat easy access to taking apart for maintenance. Still unsure if I'm making the dump body out of steel or alum. Sheet alum is easier for me to clamp down and cut than sheet steel. All hack saw and mill, no band saw. Maybe next year a variable speed metal cutting bandsaw under the Xmas tree,,,,yeah and me lucky charms will be shooting out my arse when that happens. !!! . That was my thoughts after chatting with my Santa , she wants a new vehicle, well I found one for her if that's how she wants to play
Old 03-29-2016, 12:51 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Even has nice racing stripes and is very economical on fuel!!!
Old 03-29-2016, 12:59 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Bo Wallen is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Re: Great Dane excavating co.

I see you looking for more Garage time ..l A couple cans of beans an the afterburner get her where she needs to be...
Old 03-29-2016, 01:21 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

JAMMER is on a distinguished road

Your looking real good and moving right along it will be done in no time at this rate. Ed
Old 03-29-2016, 01:27 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooper View Post

Even has nice racing stripes and is very economical on fuel!!!
Looks like the one we bought my wife a couple years back. It's got over 75000km on it already(Km= Kitchen miles).lol
Old 04-01-2016, 06:19 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Started putting the effort into finding pics of a dump body that is easy to make. Looking up bed pics I stumbled across this!!

Good looking truck

And also couldn't pass this up, it's definitely got a big bucket!!

And this one !! I would be needing a new heart ,pants,, and occupation!!

The start, stare at it for awhile, take some measurements, stare for a bit more, look up some pics, repeat, couple hours later and still no progress!!

I may make something similar to this one, a flat bet will be easier and the bigger ribs will be easier. Planning on making it out of steel.

Last edited by Cooper; 04-01-2016 at 06:21 PM. Reason: Spelling and didn't add pic