RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Kings of the Road > Fire and Rescue and Emergency Vehicles

Fire and Rescue and Emergency Vehicles Here is a spot for all them important emergency vehicle builds.

Old 11-11-2012, 12:07 AM
Wannabe

CorbettTrailers is on a distinguished road
Default Tamiya King Hauler Day Cab Wrecker

This is a start to my wrecker build. Got the body cut down and some electrics relocated. Fifth wheel is removed.
I originally planned this for the Cab over Mercedes but that is not gonna happen. I still havent figured out the MFU. It's still acting up. So onto the King Hauler it goes.

Thanks for looking. I will have a few pictures of some of the hardware I plan to use.
ECMT Members: Join your Group. Go to your username in the top right corner of the page and click on it. When your profile opens go down to group memberships, Click on East Coast Mini Truckers, The social group will open and scroll down And in the middle it you will see "Join Group" Click on it and then confirm that you REALLY wanna join.
[SIZE="2"]
Old 11-11-2012, 12:26 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

glorydays24 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Tamiya King Hauler Day Cab Wrecker

Should be interesting, keep us posted.

Big John

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

YOU WANTED THE BEST AND YOU GOT THE BEST THE HOTTEST BAND IN THE WORLD...KISS!!!!
Old 11-12-2012, 01:50 PM
Wannabe

Been trying to get idea of where I'm going to want my boom so I have enough clearence for the wheel lift. So I did a quick mock-up. I think I need to get the boom permenantly mounted to get the correct measurements. This is definately more work and thinking then I originally thought. It may be more then I'm capable of doing. I'll have to get to work on it this winter and keep my mind on it. A few pictures of where I'm at.

Thanks for Looking!
ECMT Members: Join your Group. Go to your username in the top right corner of the page and click on it. When your profile opens go down to group memberships, Click on East Coast Mini Truckers, The social group will open and scroll down And in the middle it you will see "Join Group" Click on it and then confirm that you REALLY wanna join.
[SIZE="2"]
Old 11-14-2012, 01:50 PM
Wannabe

Got the back piece in the body. Then I'll have to cut open the window. Just taking some small steps. I can't hurry too fast. Hope you like the pictures and Thanks for taking the time to look.

[SIZE="2"]

Last edited by CorbettTrailers; 11-14-2012 at 02:02 PM.
Old 11-16-2012, 08:31 AM
Super Moderator

Stepside will become famous soon enough

Lookin good! Body work looks great!

Keep the updates rollin!

Old 11-16-2012, 12:21 PM
Wannabe

Thanks Rod. And Thanks for the info, it was very helpfull. I still got a bit of sanding to do. And still thinking of finish Color. I'm thinking a two tone again.
Some more pictures. I laid out kinda what I had in mind for a wheel lift. The boom and lift will be one structure as a solid piece andI won't have it extend. I'll use that part and make the boom raise and lower.I got get ready for races Saturday and I work tonite. So I prolly won't have any progress til next week sometime.

The wheel lift will be solid except for the axle lift that will swivel and will allow the vehicles to turn. . . . . . . I hope!

Thanks For Looking.
[SIZE="2"]

Last edited by CorbettTrailers; 11-16-2012 at 12:34 PM. Reason: Forgot Picture.
Old 11-16-2012, 12:44 PM
Wannabe

Sweet! My LED's just arrived in the mailbox! YeeHaw!
[SIZE="2"]
Old 11-19-2012, 03:23 PM
Wannabe

And there is light. I will have the back lights molded into the recker body when I get it mounted. I just ran the wires so they will be there when I need them.

Sorry for the poor quality. It was my Cell phone. I'll get a better one this evening on the camera.
[SIZE="2"]
Old 11-20-2012, 02:48 AM
Wannabe

[SIZE="2"]
Old 11-20-2012, 08:09 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Tamiya Cowboy has a spectacular aura aboutTamiya Cowboy has a spectacular aura aboutTamiya Cowboy has a spectacular aura about

Its nice to see some wreckers being built on the board.. I loike what you got going John and your wheel lift looks the part..

HI.. My name is Paul.. And.. I.. Have a Cabover Addiction.

RIP FreddyGearDrive 2-12-59/12-19-11 "LET IT EAT"
Like Us on Facebook "Corn Field Mafia"

Old 11-22-2012, 09:01 PM
Wannabe

Had a few days off from work so I decided to get the Boom's raise and lower system mounted in. Also got the subframe in at the same time. Had another thought on the wheel lift. I saw a build online where a guy cut out a piece to fit in the rear most pumpkin. So I'm not set on the wheel lift yet. I like the lift onto the pumpkin idea so I may go with that. I can change it at any time.
I'm not sure how this will turn out. It's not as easy as I thought it would be. But I'm gonna go with it till I run out of ideas.

Thanks for looking!!
[SIZE="2"]
Old 11-22-2012, 09:20 PM
Dairyland trucker's right hand man.

dabears is on a distinguished road

looks like you got a nice start there!! Its starting to shape up nicely!
Old 11-23-2012, 10:02 AM

axialjoe is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Re: Tamiya King Hauler Day Cab Wrecker

nice truck man keep it up