RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Defenders of the land. > Tanks!

Tanks! If is has Tracks it goes here..

Old 02-28-2011, 09:52 AM
Green Horn

rcman is on a distinguished road
Default RCMAN'S M26 PERSHING

Here is my piece of junk tamiya pershing. i have set the mfu 25 times and it has never worked.... need to contact tamiya...

Last edited by rcman; 02-28-2011 at 09:57 AM. Reason: double pix
Old 02-28-2011, 09:53 AM
Green Horn

Default Re: RCMAN'S M26 PERSHING

Old 02-28-2011, 01:06 PM

texken is on a distinguished road

Would make a good reef for fish, dump it in the pond LOL

OK not good for your pocketbook.

Sorry, bad joke

TEXKEN
Old 02-28-2011, 02:31 PM
Green Horn

lol might be the best thing for it hehehe maybe my fish tank lol!
Old 03-01-2011, 11:37 AM

Mustang is on a distinguished road

What's the MF doing or not doing, what type of radio are you using? I've built a number of the Tamiya tanks including 2 Pershings and would be glad to try and help.
Old 03-01-2011, 09:48 PM
Green Horn

i have the futaba t4vwd attack radio. when i go thru the set up everything sets fine except the last step... never can get the lights to flash the right color so the tanks doesnt move nothing works..
Old 03-02-2011, 04:33 AM

OK, please bear with me while I double check everything that's happening during the set process. A small slip during setup will mess everything up. I found that out the hard way.
When you first power up the radio and tank the sound should come on and you'll hear the engine start sequence. Pressing the set button will begin the set up and kill the sound, then starting from neutral move the left stick up then down, then right stick right to left, then right stick up and down, then left stick right to left finally with all sticks back to neutral pressing the set button again the sound should come back on. Does the sound go on and off with beginning and ending the setup?
Old 03-02-2011, 08:50 AM
Green Horn

in the beginning it does but not at the end..
Old 03-02-2011, 10:01 AM

When you get to the final push of the set button to end the process be very deliberate in pressing the button and hold it down for a moment until the sound starts. Make sure you use the black plastic screwdriver that comes with the kit. I don't profess to understand why but I've had the MF ignore a button push with anything else. If it takes the first push to start setup it should take the last one too, hold the button down a bit longer and see if that helps.
Old 03-02-2011, 11:48 AM
Green Horn

i have the assembly instructions. but wasnt there a operations manual with the tank too? if my memory is correct? i cant seem to find my ops man. if you have one can you email me a copy of it? I set it according to the assembly manual now it revs with the right stick but doesnt move left stick makes the turrent move and barrel move?
Old 03-02-2011, 05:14 PM

Yes there was a "suplement" but mine is long gone. Here's the gist of it. The reason it won't move but the sound revs is the Peshing starts up in "neutral." It's the only Tamiya tank that does it. To put it "in gear" move the throttle trim all the way down and blip the throttle to full reverse and back to neutral, it takes a little pratcice to do it without the tank jumping. When it gets in gear the motor sound will change like dropping a car in drive. It's kind of a nice feature as the tank won't dive off the bench if the throttle is out of position on start up.
To get the correct function on the correct stick axis you may need to switch around where things are plugged into the receiver. A lot of guys have been messed up by the instructions, the tranlation lacks a bit and Tamiya words it one way and Futaba another. Use your radio manual to identify the numbered positions on the receiver The mf plug marked Rudd. goes to the receiver's Alieron plug, MF throt. goes to receiver Throttle, MF M.Gun. goes to Elevator and MF Turr. goes to Rudder. If you have a normal mode 2 radio (US) this will give you left stick up-down=throttle, left stick left-right=turret rotation, right stick up-down=main gun up-down and right stick left-right=steering.