RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment > Construction Equipment Tech

Construction Equipment Tech Hydraulics, Electronics, General Engineering, ect in constr equip

Old 07-02-2015, 02:35 AM

TylerDSAudi is on a distinguished road
Wink Help on controllers and power supply for dragline

Hello,

So in the past I was going to make this dragline RC cause I have a ton of speed controllers, motors, servos, ect... But there was two big reasons that made me push away from the idea. 1) battery supply, to do what I need to do I'm going to have to run acoiple good size lipos and always worrying about charging them. 2) controls, I do not have the know how to take apart these controls and build my own controls out of them ( as I have to have joystick type controls for realism as I am currently working toward dragline oiler trainning)

Now I've seen builds and a lot people seem to be running these off a 110v power source, so I came up with the idea of maybe using a power supply of 110v and decreasing it to a 12v for the motors and such. ( this would be my switch shack) from there I would run my power to controls and to my dragline. That way the dragline has a power cable like real life and no worry about battery's.

Now the question is, where can I get a 4 position momentary switch type joy stick that won't kill the bank that I can wire to this dragline? If you have any thoughts on power supplies, wiring or any input I'm all ears on doing it a better way!

Here are the "joy stick " type controls I have found so far the best thing in my mind, but idk about the voltage and amps ect..

http://www.amazon.com/Position-Momen.../dp/B009IUMG78
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B009IM...PBYDRSRKDFTPMY