RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment > Construction Equipment Tech

Construction Equipment Tech Hydraulics, Electronics, General Engineering, ect in constr equip

Old 01-22-2012, 06:59 PM

justin is on a distinguished road
Default rc4wd excavator query

hi all im justin from australia i hav recentley bought a rc4wd excavator when i got it it never had a battery for the transmitter so i brought one, when i put it in it was the wrong way and burnt out. so i brought a new transmitter and trying to set it up now my problem is that when i lift the boom up the right hand track goes forword aswell how can i fix that as ive never had this type of rc before.

can u suggest or recommend anything that can help with this problem

thanks justin
Old 01-22-2012, 08:11 PM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation
Default Re: rc4wd excavator query

Sounds like you have the two chs mixed together within the radio programming.

The instructions will explain how "mix" works and which one of the switches on the radio turns the mix on/off.

What radio do you have now?

Joe
Old 01-22-2012, 09:21 PM

i brought the fysky fs-th9x did anyone esle got a battery with theres
Old 01-23-2012, 12:55 PM
Green Horn

carp is on a distinguished road

quick google search shows its a rebranded turnigy radio should take 8 AA batts, like joe said you probably have a mix active, first thing is tell us what function you have plugged into what channel? like boom channel 3 etc, secondly what mode is it set in aircraft/heli/glider?
Old 01-23-2012, 05:08 PM

just a update on this is that i got the boom movin without the track coming on but now i can only get the left hand track going and not the anther

the mode i hav it on is heli the stick mode is mode 1

i havnt change any of the function from wen i got it (factory set)

channel function r

1 esc
2 lower arm
3 boom
4 bucket
5 esc to pump
6 esc
7 esc
8 serv0
Old 01-24-2012, 12:43 PM

tman1986 is on a distinguished road

Hey i have this model, leave your sticks on mode 1, but the remote should be in glider mode not heli and mine is in ppm from factoy not pcm

now my model is version 1.5 so a couple thing's may be different like my light switch etc. but if you give more info i may be able to give more help

and for your tracks (im assuming your replacement remote is this same as the one you broke, custom with the spider legs)

goto menu, then function settings, goto last one aux-ch should read as follows

ch 5 - thro hold
ch 6 - hov pit
ch 7 - hov thro
ch 8 - gear
ch 9 - null

ch 6 & 7 are your tracks, ch 5 is your pump ch 8 on mine is the fourth servo pressure release (dont know if you have same version)

other channels are as follows

ch 1 - ail - boom swing
ch 2 - ele - front boom +/-
ch 3 - arb - main boom +/-
ch 4 - rud - bucket +/-

and you should have three mixes active one for each ele, arb, and rud in that order all masters, slave for all is aux, offset for all is 100, uprate for all is 100, onrate for all is -100, all sw = nor

for e. point adjustment (3rd in function list), the 5th one (flp) is your pump mine is 024% on 000% off from factory haven't adjusted anything yet

if i can be of any more help let me know
Trevor

*edit* the slave mix for all three mixes is the first aux not the second

Last edited by tman1986; 01-24-2012 at 02:38 PM.
Old 01-24-2012, 02:23 PM

tman1986 is on a distinguished road

just thought i'd add, this is what my end point adjustment list looks like

ch1 - ail 120%120%
ch2 - ele 100%100%
ch3 - arb 100%100%
ch4 - rud 120%120%
ch5 - flp 024%000%
ch6 - flp 120%120%
ch7 - aux 120%120%
ch8 - aux 000%120%

this is how it came from the factory i haven't made any adjustments yet but in the display screen not all bars are hitting there limits, so i think it needs fine tuning but the important ones here are ch5 and ch8

again if you need anything else let me know
Trevor
Old 01-24-2012, 05:07 PM

trevor thankyou very much for your help i have the 1.5 version thanks again for the info
cheers justin
Old 10-22-2014, 05:40 PM

Simon Weel is on a distinguished road
Default RC4WD 4200XL excavator radio settings

Quote:
you should have three mixes active one for each ele, arb, and rud in that order all masters, slave for all is aux, offset for all is 100, uprate for all is 100, onrate for all is -100, all sw = nor
Ok, so I have them 4200XL and there's a problem with the radio. I have to switch it on and off numerous times before it works. And if switched on, not everything works. RC4WD is looking into it, but takes some time. So I was searching forums for people with the same problems and found this post.

When I check the settings mentioned on my radio, I notice it doesn't have settings at all. Everything is set to default. So I try to set my radio with the settings posted here, but have a question. For the Mixes, there's a State-setting . Either INHibid or ACTive. Which one do I set?

And then the E.Point settings. I can't change the value for a couple of channels. For ch5 - flp 024% / 000% I can only set the ON value (024%). Tried all switches and levers to get to the OF-field without any luck.

Same problem with ch8 - aux 000% / 120%. I can set the OF-value (120%), but not the ON-value.

Is there a work-around for this?
Old 10-23-2014, 12:47 PM

osikasculptor is on a distinguished road

Just wanted to mention this, I had a servo for the boom that before it went; seemed to be causing all kinds of odd stuff like tracks going backward cab turning until it stopped and I replaced it..now all fine.
Old 10-23-2014, 06:16 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Cooper is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by osikasculptor View Post
Just wanted to mention this, I had a servo for the boom that before it went; seemed to be causing all kinds of odd stuff like tracks going backward cab turning until it stopped and I replaced it..now all fine.
I had same problem with mine, two different times. Each time a servo went bad the rest of things went weird, pump motor revved up/down, tracks moved ect. Thought the radio had issues but found to be servo related both times. Tower pro servos in mine. I don't quite understand how the feedback from a servo could translate to radio, but it is a cheep (less expensive-fine for what it is) radio.