RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment

Construction Equipment If it digs, pushes, hauls dirt "off road" post it here.

Old 04-19-2013, 11:36 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Espeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Kenworth 850 Off Highway

The headlights are perfect, Reg! Boy, this thing is almost finished. I wish I could get as much done on my projects as you do, in a short time.
Old 04-20-2013, 08:41 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

RCP57 is on a distinguished road

Plenty of work left to do yet but now it's all the tedious stuff like door handles, brake boosters, mirrors ect. I get bored with that stuff and tend to rush it or not do it at all. I'm trying not to do that on this one!
Old 04-20-2013, 09:37 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

I did a little more work on the trailer today. I pushed the bearings into the axles tubes and attached the hubs/rims. I also got started on the walking beams.

Thanks for looking
Old 04-21-2013, 02:52 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

I did a little more work on the trailer this morning. Another project is pulling me away for a while this afternoon but I wish I could keep working on this!

Old 04-21-2013, 06:12 PM

RoadFlyer is on a distinguished road

Amazing project. Took a couple of hours today to read the whole thread. Thanks for sharing. Great to see how you are doing what you do. I was curious about the battery you are using for this truck. Could you tell us what kind that is? Looking forward to seeing how this project comes out when completed.
Old 04-21-2013, 11:45 PM
Journeyman

RCLogger will become famous soon enough

You are a true artist Reg. very creative ideas with your building projects
Old 04-22-2013, 12:39 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadFlyer View Post
Amazing project. Took a couple of hours today to read the whole thread. Thanks for sharing. Great to see how you are doing what you do. I was curious about the battery you are using for this truck. Could you tell us what kind that is? Looking forward to seeing how this project comes out when completed.
Thanks for taking the time to look through all this. The battery is a 12v 5amh lead acid. They are designed to be used on electric trailer brake systems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCLogger View Post
You are a true artist Reg. very creative ideas with your building projects
Thanks a lot Greg. Coming from an accomplished builder like yourself(and someone I look up to) that means a great deal. If I hadn't done the search for RC logging equipment on YouTube where I found yours and Lou's videos I probably wouldn't be doing this today. On second thought maybe I don't like youHaha just kidding! Thanks for the motivation!

I managed to do a couple of small things to the trailer this afternoon but not much.

Here's a couple pictures of the other distraction I had today. I will start a build thread for it when I get further along...

I have too many projects!

Reg
Old 04-22-2013, 11:27 AM
Journeyman

steamer will become famous soon enoughsteamer will become famous soon enough

Reg, now your into fiberglass. Thats going to be a great looking Hull. Is it a Gillnetter, Seiner or a trawler
Rob
Old 04-22-2013, 11:48 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

It's going to be a model of our 1:1 troller-longliner. I'm building it for a friend of mine that worked for us for 9 years. He's the best man at our upcoming wedding and I plan on giving it to him then. I gotta get moving on it!
Old 04-22-2013, 01:17 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Espeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura about

Nice work, Reg! The pole trailer looks great. I like the foam tires.
Old 04-22-2013, 01:36 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Espeefan View Post
Nice work, Reg! The pole trailer looks great. I like the foam tires.
Yeah I think they will work great. Especially in mud and water.
Old 04-25-2013, 03:47 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Well I was out in the garage shortly after 5am this morning to get some more work done on the trailer. I still have a few pieces to weld on but I am out of argon and apparently we are still suffering from a shortage in our area. I had trouble getting a bottle when I started this 4 months ago. I phoned around today was told the same story so I have my name on a list to get one if they come in next week. Anyway I was able to get myself to a point where I need or can do a bunch of machining on the axles and walking beams so that will keep me busy for a few hours. My boat is out of the mold and is ready for some attention as well so I have lots to do!

Pics of todays progress.....

Thanks for looking!
Old 04-25-2013, 04:03 PM
Craftsman

modelman is on a distinguished road

RCP57-the truck is coming along nicely. I will be watching the boat build also. I was a mold maker and boat builder for 12+ years. Did you get mad at one of your 3/8" rollers or did you bend it that way for a purpose
Old 04-25-2013, 09:17 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by modelman View Post
RCP57-the truck is coming along nicely. I will be watching the boat build also. I was a mold maker and boat builder for 12+ years. Did you get mad at one of your 3/8" rollers or did you bend it that way for a purpose
Thanks. The roller was "customized" by my Dad to get to those hard to reach areas. Interesting that you were a boat builder. What kind did you build? My skills at fiber glassing aren't that great but I rarely work with it so I'm learning the hard way it seems. It should be a good, fun build though because I've been on the real boat since it was built(I was in diapers)!

Reg
Old 04-26-2013, 03:58 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Reg, your trailer is really coming along nicely. Sure looks good. Have you got the 850 sitting on blocks to prevent flat spots in the tires?
Old 04-26-2013, 08:45 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Espeefan View Post
Reg, your trailer is really coming along nicely. Sure looks good. Have you got the 850 sitting on blocks to prevent flat spots in the tires?
Thanks Nate. Yes I haven't made new foams for the rear tires yet so I like to keep it blocked up. I do the same with my Euc as well only I have made a proper stand for it. With the weight of these things the tires get pretty squished and take a bit of driving to work out the flat spots.
Old 04-26-2013, 12:57 PM
Craftsman

modelman is on a distinguished road

RCP57-I was on the opposite end of the spectrum. We built RACE BOATS!!! My brother and I started out building one-off custom race boats from wood and then switched to fibreglass to increase production. After doing that for years I started building R/C model race boats from wood and fibreglass which I built and raced for 22 years until I had to quit because of my eyes,but they are still being built today. If you look in the non-RC section on page-2-under "something completely different by modelman" there are some pictures of a wood boat I built for one of my customers. Don't want to get your thread off topic so I will shut up.
Old 04-26-2013, 07:31 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

I got a very special package in the mail today! Thanks so much Mario! I think they look perfect even if I do say so myself!

Reg
Old 04-27-2013, 07:33 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

I spent a lot of time fiddling with small things today. I was inspired by my newly acquired clearance lights to build the air horn today. I also decided to make some pins for various places on the truck(even the Euc got one lol). While doing this the light bulb came on that I had a piece of hose(cough, hoarder) that I could make hump hoses out of for the air cleaners. A quick search for the right box of junk led me to the hose and a couple of quick cuts with my scissors and.....

They're a little bigger diameter than they should be but I think they look better than not having them at all. I just need to make up some little wire clamps once everything is painted.

Thanks for looking
Old 04-27-2013, 08:47 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Supermario is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCP57 View Post
Plenty of work left to do yet but now it's all the tedious stuff like door handles, brake boosters, mirrors ect. I get bored with that stuff and tend to rush it or not do it at all. I'm trying not to do that on this one!
Mission accomplished Reg! Looks like your enjoying the detail work and not bored at all.
I'm glad the marker lights helped to inspire.The results are excellent

Mario