RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment

Construction Equipment If it digs, pushes, hauls dirt "off road" post it here.

Old 03-28-2014, 05:00 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Cooper is on a distinguished road
Default Re: First build ,cat D11

Got some more parts, the hydraulic pump, valves, and fittings from premacon. I usually don't get bothered with small imperfections but the valve block being in excess of $400 I would expect something better. The aluminum parts that you attach the servo arm to, it looks like they installed four of them and then removed them with a blunt screwdriver. On the undersides of four, they are bent, nicked just torn up somehow. And one has plane holes in it. They were not taped like the other ones. The bottom of the block has some industrial glue or goo stuck to it. I know that these are probably minor imperfections but, damm for that kind of bean I expect better. All but one valve turns well, one returns to its initial position a bit. I suspect whatever seal is in there may not be seated or bent some how. I was planning on dissecting it anyway to see how it works. And in my order I ordered all 4mm fittings but recieved the two 1/8zoll fittings for 6mm. ??? I did read somewhere that they were good and take care of ya, if you need something email them and tell them what you are planning and they will tell you what you need. I did do that several months ago and my response was m5 fittings with 4mm tube. After I wrote a detailed plan of how many cylinders, functions, ect I was planning to find out how many fittings I would need. As the valve block takes several and wasn't sure what all fit with what. Oh well alls good, as I got what I got and placed another order for the 4mm fittings. I guess I was just lacking on product verses high price. But from what I read their product do do its job. Just thought I would share, all is good and now I can start to give the d11 a heartbeat!!
Old 03-28-2014, 09:23 PM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation

5 valves in a dozer?

That valve is steel, it's the same design as the aluminum bodied ones I get, though I don't know if it's the same guy making them in steel. Apparently only the steel valves can be had through Premacon...

I've never had a valve show up in the condition you described, Fumotec uses the same hyds (Jung pump & Meinhart aluminum valves) as Premacon... they could be really busy & getting sloppy, I'd be livid as I don't have 2mm tap for those holes not done... I would send a mail to tell them so.

The two 6mm fittings (4mm id hose) screw into output side of the pump & into input side of valve. Do you have two more larger fittings for a 6mm id hose to connect tank to pump? (I think that's the size, it's definitely larger than the output)

Are those the servos Premacon sent with the order or you picked on your own?

Joe
Old 03-28-2014, 09:54 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

The last pic is the left one is taped, right one (in best shape of all) is not taped. It's really no big deal, I was just disappointed in appearance for how much I paid. I decided to go with these for reasons of steel, and from others they make the best stuff. As long as they work I'll be happy. It was one of those things I thought I would share, maybe I'm being too critical??

The servos were not from them, cheep hobbyking from home pile of stuff, just was checking size. I thought I already have some micro servos.

Oh and yea five valve dozer. Independent blade lift valves, allowing left/right tilt. (2) Dump/carry tilt for the blade valve (3). Ripper raise (4), ripper tilt (5). Like I have said before, that should make a first build radio programming easy!! Lol!! Planning on using a 9ch radio.

And yes I had planned on larger diameter for tank to pump and larger size back to tank. Just wasn't using planning on using that hose and their fittings.
Old 03-28-2014, 10:31 PM
BANNED

Your blade lateral tilt comes from the smaller cyls on the ends of the blade. Pair your lift cyls with one valve.

Which radio you intending to use?

Using F mode, F1 could have your tilt cyls (side of blade cyls) working opposite each other in one mix for maxium lateral tilt, then in F2 they could be cycling same direction to carry or dump.

I've never tried such programming myself, but I think it should be possible.

I see that Premacon is using a much smaller servo with these steel valves, that must be the advantage to steel - a rotary valve turns easier with high pressure.

They must have held that piece with pliers while they tapped it?

Joe
Old 03-28-2014, 11:48 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Didn't know that about the lateral tilt cylinders. Thank you. I will still need the fifth valve for the independent tilt cylinders,? Right? If I'm following you. The mixing shouldn't be a problem as I'm fairly familiar with setting up mixing. Not sure about assigning a slave to all functions for the pump to only run when needed. But I'm sure I'll figure it out when time comes. Like when it's all together and then you can't figure something out so you tear it apart to put it back together different just to realize it was a simple switch or program that would have solved it!! Keep ya familiar with how to put something together even though you built it! Lol!! Murphy's law or just looking at a T-bone steak by sticking you head up the bulls a$$ !! Lol. I'm using a turnigy tx9 radio, have spectrum 6i also but I'm pretty impressed with the tx9 (for the price)
Old 03-28-2014, 11:49 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Got my knife business under way.
Old 03-28-2014, 11:52 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Working on the ripper. Once this is done I'll have to finish up the hydraulic cylinders for it and then I'll be able to bring her alive.
Old 04-05-2014, 10:17 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

I have to hone and polish tubes and shafts. Then I'm going to solder up the fittings to prevent as many leaks as possible. After mocking up several times.
Old 04-05-2014, 10:22 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Made some sort mock transmission plate for the back. It also is the other side of the pin holes for the tilt cylinders. The outer pin holes are part of the frame so whatever forces the ripper has I'm sure the tracks will just spin and not worry about bending anything. I tried to make this more functional and durable than other aspects. There will be a row of mock bolts to be added.
Old 04-05-2014, 10:28 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Under the front hood, a fan that will have some of the sabertooth esc directly bolted to it. That way the esc will have plenty of cooling (I think). Then the motors/ batteries / electronics.
Old 04-05-2014, 10:30 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Pump and motor will be mounted under cooling fan. Trying to keep weight low and somewhat centered.
Old 04-05-2014, 10:31 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

5 valve assembly mounted towards back under superstructure.
Old 04-05-2014, 10:43 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

I will be building somewhat of a housing for the batteries so they will be velcrowed down and stay put. These are some of the lipos I have, they are dinogies from mark f. I never put a plug in for anyone but of all the lipos I've run these are stateside shipped, guaranteed, and preform outstanding. Had these packs for a year and half, I've pulled over 400amps over 1400 watts and they have minimal ripple, voltage drop while charging them at 20 amps all the time. If anyone out there is in need of racing high demand lipos these are some of the best if not best, better than hyperion, Grimm, ect. Just trying to share some of my good experiences.
Old 04-05-2014, 10:45 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Relief valve somewhere in here, easy access.
Old 04-05-2014, 10:50 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

And as I have to retract my words, on building a reserve hydraulic tank. I think I will build a tank that will sit in this location. Weight low and will be able to have high volume tank to keep oil healthier and cooler. I know its a dozer and not pushing oil like an excavator but the overkill isn't on the bad side. The bottle of dykem is 4oz. So whatever I build I would be able to build something that could be as big as 12 oz or more.
Old 04-05-2014, 10:52 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Just the latest pic. I have yet to get sound. I'm thinking of the smx from servonaut. I think that's the one, the one without the turbo sound. What do you think? I'm thinking the turbo sound for the dozer will be too much. I think that is better suited for the trucks.
Old 04-06-2014, 12:03 AM
BANNED

I HATE the turbo whistle... makes me want to take a hammer to what ever is using it!!! Ppl who don't how to run their model show off the turbo sound effect for some silly distraction, thinking it's kool.

Start putting goodies inside & the space disappears quick, eh?!

Joe
Old 04-06-2014, 12:56 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Yes it does get crowded quick. I spent about two day trying to figure out how things would fit. I'm waiting on some 90 degree elbows, hopefully they will be here this coming week. Need them for the pump. Having it near the bottom there isn't much room and a straight fitting just will kink once it's gets warm I do believe. The whole cabin area is empty so I could use that. I'm trying to avoid that because it seems like that may turn into an oven. . Making all the little brackets and things to hold everything in place is going to be fun. And I just know once I get all those things fitted, welded, bolted or whatever I'll see a better mounting way!! It always happens. Lol!!!!
Old 04-06-2014, 12:29 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Espeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura about

Yes, the Servonaut SMX is the one with the turbocharger sound built in. Each to his own. I personally like the way it sounds. It is adjustable, so you can turn it up, for guys like Joe, who don't like it.

The D11 is looking great and you are making very nice progress!
Old 04-06-2014, 01:07 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

9W Monighan will become famous soon enough9W Monighan will become famous soon enough

D11's that I have been around actually have a fairly muffled engine sound. The clunk clunk clunk while pushing and clanking tracks when backing up are very loud .