RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > Rc Truck's Q&A and Test section. > Question and Suggestion Section

Question and Suggestion Section Have a question or a suggestion for the board post it here.

Old 10-12-2012, 01:07 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Espeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura about
Default The stars are gone?

Hmm, just noticed this tonight. What happened to the stars and ratings for threads? I was reading some great threads that I was sure had 5 star ratings, the last time I visited.
Old 10-12-2012, 05:42 PM
Out of control

fhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud of
Default Re: The stars are gone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Espeefan View Post
Hmm, just noticed this tonight. What happened to the stars and ratings for threads? I was reading some great threads that I was sure had 5 star ratings, the last time I visited.
They are still used and are turned on in the system but we made some changes and it takes 10 or more votes before it will show. By doing this it will give us a better average for the rating instead of one five star rating and a one star averaged to a 3 star rating. This helps eliminate the childish behavior of giving a one star just to bring the rating down. Now if it is truly worthy of a high star rank that one childish vote wont have as much weight in the average.

Travis

RIP FreddyGearDrive 2-12-59/12-19-11
Old 10-12-2012, 11:09 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

1985 kenworth is on a distinguished road

that makes sense travis
Old 10-13-2012, 09:28 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Claus is on a distinguished road

I have voted on threads many times, maybe this isn't right but I always either voted 5 stars or did not vote. What is the point is giving a low vote, if you don't like somebody's build no reason to degrade it, just move on.
Old 10-13-2012, 10:37 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Espeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura about

I have to agree with you, Craig. If you are voting stars, it's worth 5 stars or nothing, in my mind. 1 star can be pretty darn harsh. Worse then no stars at all.
Old 10-14-2012, 03:15 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Tamiya Cowboy has a spectacular aura aboutTamiya Cowboy has a spectacular aura aboutTamiya Cowboy has a spectacular aura about

This will work a lot better then on other boards that game is played all the time and it is very childish for sure.. But Nate and Craig are right whats the point of voting less then 5 stars it just beats people up and not everyone has the same level of skill or the tools to do it to that level..

HI.. My name is Paul.. And.. I.. Have a Cabover Addiction.

RIP FreddyGearDrive 2-12-59/12-19-11 "LET IT EAT"
Like Us on Facebook "Corn Field Mafia"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.