RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment

Construction Equipment If it digs, pushes, hauls dirt "off road" post it here.

Old 05-02-2013, 10:38 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

JAMMER is on a distinguished road
Default Re: My first piece of equipment - Carson Track Loader

Nathan I must say when you do something you go all out. The only thing that I can is missing is the pump control to shut it down when not in use. Ed
Old 05-02-2013, 01:32 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Espeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Straywolf View Post
Congrats on your loader i can't wait to see the build pics on this!!!

Mike
Thanks Mike!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
Congrats from me too, Nathan. Seeing all these nice models you guys have and the ones coming up soon (read THS Volvo) I feel really tempted to buy one or two myself - even in the wrong scale Maybe I could use the children as an alibi .

Stefan
Thanks Stefan! As much as I love to look at the THS models, there just isn't any way I can spend as much as I need to buy one of those beautiful Volvo models! I will 100% happy with much more affordable Carson! I feel very fortunate to have even purchased this one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDH429 View Post
Nate, its finally here! That month must have seemed like 3. I'm excited for you and cant wait to see the build. Congrats!
Thank you Jason! I'm pretty excited too, but I'm thinking one thing at a time. I still have a truck to try and finish, and it's getting close.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracksntreadslou View Post
Whoo Hoo..Congrats Nate ..Nice ..Pretty pumped when that arrived at the door huh..Big trouble now because you cant top at one peice ..haha ..have fun building
Thanks Lou! I was pretty excited. I checked the tracking number for the package every day....sometimes multiple times a day. I think I will be able to limit myself to one piece of equipment. I had wanted a loader for a long time. Trouble is, now I need a dump trailer, and a lowboy to haul the loader. But I think I can be quite happy with one loader. I need to think more about my future, and save money for other things!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
M220 :
> Battery and motor should be no problem.
> Connect the yellow wires to the right motor.
> Connect the blue wires to the left motor.
> Look at the option table and find the correct jumper setting for
> your battery (A B C).
> Turn your M220 around and set (X) or remove ( ) the small black
> option jumpers A B C accordingly.
> Connect the upper cable "Driving" with blue servo plug into the up/
> down receiver channel you want to use for driving.
> Connect the lower cable "Steering" with black servo plug into the
> left/right receiver channel of the same stick, important!
> (you might change this after setup/programming)
> Connect the brake and rev. lights, you need them later on for
> programming.
>
> M220 programming :
> Turn off the M220.
> Turn on the radio.
> Hold the stick in the lower left position.
> Now turn on the M220. It will blink 3 times.
> Move the stick to the upper right position and wait. The M220 will
> blink 1x.
> Release the stick to the middle and wait. The M220 will blink 1x.
> Move the stick up. The M220 will blink and is ready.
> You only need to do this once. You might repeat it if necessary.
>
> Now move the stick carefully forward. The model should drive
> forward, otherwise swap the connections at the motor.
>Hope this helps !

Mitch
Thanks Mitch! I had been looking at the Servonaut manuals online, and even did some translations. Thanks for posting that here! Now I can reference it easier. Any word on your track loader? I know you bought one too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermario View Post
Congrats Nathan you lucky dog!
I agree with others....finish the needle first, then you can play with the spoon. Lol
Looking forward to another Sweet,Perfect build.....

Mario
Thanks Mario! Yes, I'm still working on the Kenworth. I might take a break, now and then, to at least look at the parts for the Carson. I can stare at them, and imagine it as a completed model!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears View Post
Lucky!!! Wish I had one!!!! im sure you'll find some way to add something cool to this kit!!
Aaron, thanks! I think the beauty of this model is that there really isn't much more it needs. It will be really nice to simply build a model. The detail is awesome, it's very scale, and I like the looks of it, as it is stock. I can't say I will find myself machining any extra parts for this one. I might do a few little custom touches, but that's in the details.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulrich View Post
That´s the setup I drive. The left stick is acceleration and steering, the right one for the arm/bucket. I also used a mixer to combine the channels hyd valve (f.e.3+4) with the one off the pump(f.e.5). So if I move the right stick the pumps rpm rises proportional. That saves a lot of battery. If I want constant hyd pressure I can set the rpm with an prop channel.

bye
Ulrich
Thanks for the explaination, Ulrich! That's perfect, as I was hoping I could drive and steer the tracks with one stick, and control the loader and bucket with the other. Question now is, should pushing the stick left curl the bucket in, and stick to the right to dump it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMMER View Post
Nathan I must say when you do something you go all out. The only thing that I can is missing is the pump control to shut it down when not in use. Ed
Thanks Ed. I didn't quite go all out. Had I done that, I would have gotten metal tracks, metal bucket teeth, and the ripper kit. I wasn't sure I liked the ripper that much. The shanks look like plastic? Wasn't sure I would use the ripper a whole heck of a lot, but it would be neat as eye candy.

Instead of having a pump shut off control, I'm going to mix the loader and bucket controls, in my programmable radio, to throttle and shut off the ESC for the pump. Should work a lot nicer. Just like Ulrich suggested. I know a lot of guys are running their hydraulics like this.
Old 05-02-2013, 05:25 PM
Craftsman

Snochaser will become famous soon enoughSnochaser will become famous soon enough

Good choice and congrats Nate. If I was going to do it again I'd probably get the Carson, it functions well and has great detail for the price as compared to the scale art. I love my loader for sure but the Carson allows for more "toys" and still looks great and performs. I looked forward to the updates and meticulous detail you will put forth into your machine.

Ben
R.I.P. FGD

Work Hard, Play Hard!
Never Forget- 343
Old 05-02-2013, 05:50 PM

Mitch is on a distinguished road

Received some of the components for the loader today, ie. Metal Tracks, SMT/M220, Drive Motors, Metal Shovel Teeth, and several other items. They sent the parts (as requested) ahead of the kit in order to lighten the load in transit. Sadly, the ever efficient U.S Customs group ripped the box apart, and everything was scattered and now needs an inventory.
Old 05-02-2013, 11:33 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

doodlebug is on a distinguished road

Hey Nathan, Yes move the lever left to curl, right to dump, forward for boom down, back for boom up.
Congrats on the new loader!
Cheer's, Neil.
Old 05-03-2013, 12:22 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Espeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snochaser View Post
Good choice and congrats Nate. If I was going to do it again I'd probably get the Carson, it functions well and has great detail for the price as compared to the scale art. I love my loader for sure but the Carson allows for more "toys" and still looks great and performs. I looked forward to the updates and meticulous detail you will put forth into your machine.

Ben
Thanks Ben. I do love the Scale Art track loader too. I just couldn't swing the price. For a first machine, I knew this one would be perfect for me. Agile, great hydraulic response, not to big, and not to small.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
Received some of the components for the loader today, ie. Metal Tracks, SMT/M220, Drive Motors, Metal Shovel Teeth, and several other items. They sent the parts (as requested) ahead of the kit in order to lighten the load in transit. Sadly, the ever efficient U.S Customs group ripped the box apart, and everything was scattered and now needs an inventory.
Mitch, sorry to hear that. Do you need to change sprockets in order to run the metal tracks? I think I will stick to the plastic tracks for now, but maybe in the future do an upgrade. Do the metal tracks re-use the pins and c-clips of the Carson model?

Quote:
Originally Posted by doodlebug View Post
Hey Nathan, Yes move the lever left to curl, right to dump, forward for boom down, back for boom up.
Congrats on the new loader!
Cheer's, Neil.
Neil, thanks. Just wanted to make sure I was correct in my thinking. I know on most skid steers and mini excavators, that's how the sticks are set up.
Old 05-03-2013, 06:55 PM

I think the tracks fit. If not, I am prepared to have new sprockets machined. I think you and I might start a "Friendly" competition build. Let me know what you think. Also, the metal tracks come with pins and sleeves.

Your friend in sport,

Mitch
Old 05-04-2013, 06:42 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Hi Mitch, a friendly build competition? Against you? I'm afraid it'd be no competition! I've seen your builds, but okay. It's worth a shot. Just keep in mind I'm a really slow builder!
Old 05-04-2013, 08:29 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Claus is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Espeefan View Post
Hi Mitch, a friendly build competition? Against you? I'm afraid it'd be no competition! I've seen your builds, but okay. It's worth a shot. Just keep in mind I'm a really slow builder!

Nathan, I have the feeling you are going to be working on this thing sooner and building quicker than you had planned.
Old 05-04-2013, 09:32 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Maybe Craig! That's assuming I don't get bogged down with the details of the build! I already ordered a couple 'extras' for the track loader, and I am sure they are still a month out. I hate to build, then rebuild. I may end up waiting till I get the other goodies. Now you've got me looking at metal tracks too..... But I really should finish the Kenworth first!
Old 05-04-2013, 09:34 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

doodlebug is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Maybe Craig! That's assuming I don't get bogged down with the details of the build! I already ordered a couple 'extras' for the track loader, and I am sure they are still a month out. I hate to build, then rebuild. I may end up waiting till I get the other goodies. Now you've got me looking at metal tracks too..... But I really should finish the Kenworth first!
"Git-Er-Done"
Cheer's, Neil.
Old 05-05-2013, 08:17 AM
Fabrication and design , super moderator

ihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
ahh come on you can't get any werse then me dive into it like Neil said ^^^

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 05-06-2013, 03:25 PM
Green Horn

Stefan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
... I'm a really slow builder!
Well that´s a competition where I would stand a chance

Stefan
Old 05-06-2013, 11:06 PM
Apprentice

MoRockN is on a distinguished road

Congrats Man!!!! now enough with the talk and lets see some build pix

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
If you got it, a Trucker brought it....
Old 05-10-2013, 10:35 PM

Started metal tracks. They need "Dressing" and a little adjustment. Tracks are brittle (wish they would use better material) and therefore need a delicate hand.

Last edited by Mitch; 05-10-2013 at 10:38 PM.
Old 05-10-2013, 10:42 PM

Old 05-10-2013, 10:43 PM

Old 05-10-2013, 10:46 PM

Old 05-10-2013, 10:47 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Claus is on a distinguished road

Looking really good Mitch, do you know yet if the sprockets that come with the loader will work with those tracks?
Old 05-10-2013, 11:02 PM

Thumbs up Re: My first piece of equipment - Carson Track Loader

Not sure, but I think they will. However, if not, I'll make a sprocket as I did for the Stahl Dozer.