RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Kings of the Road > Fire and Rescue and Emergency Vehicles

Fire and Rescue and Emergency Vehicles Here is a spot for all them important emergency vehicle builds.

Old 12-28-2013, 07:09 PM

Daveroo is on a distinguished road
Default could this be ...............

could this unit be fully functional? i mean the "crane" move up/down and the separate hooks work?..im sure those would work off the front winches from RC4WD,but how about the lift part to use it as a wrecker?..and the outriggers? could they be built to work?

and what do you guys use for the "reds" ,and the siren sound?

we allways ran full reds,headlights,marker lights,everything had to be lit up day or night runs,can all the lights be separate though?...the reds turned off separately from the headlights?.im still way way new to the RC truck world,but ive built scale models since i was 6 or 7 years old (ofcourse straight from the box until 12 or so years old)so i know id have the ability to build what is needed at some point ( i have no metal working tools as yet).
Have any of you fire truck modelers done the lettering with gold leaf as yet?..if so..where could i see some of that work?...if no one is doing it.imma figure it out.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG]
[/IMG]

[IMG]
[/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 12-28-2013, 10:09 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Espeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: could this be ...............

A fully functional rotator, with outriggers, and lights? Sure, that could be 100% functional, but it will take really deep pockets, or some creative ingenuity. Hydraulics would be an easier, but a more expensive route to take. Electronic linear actuators, miniature gear motors with cable, chain drives, or screw drives might be a more affordable path, but it would take a little more engineering. Both would give good results. How scale do you want it to be? The good thing is it looks like a lot of the mechanisms used would be easy to hide inside the boom, or wrecker body.
Old 12-28-2013, 10:41 PM
Fabrication and design , super moderator

ihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the rough

Very possible As Nate said there's a lot that goes into building it . I shelved mine do to not liking the direction it was going plus going with a different cab & chassis . Also no time

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 12-28-2013, 10:51 PM
Dairyland trucker's right hand man.

dabears is on a distinguished road

100% doable but as mentioned your looking at an expensive build. A few wreckers have been done but with screwdrive setup. Going hydraulic your looking at a min of 8 cylinders I see maybe more. Then you need a pump, valve, etc... Your also looking at prob needing a 10 channel radio might be able to get by with a 8 channel depending on mixes.. all in all it would be a very cool build but prob a 3-5k truck maybe
Old 12-28-2013, 11:33 PM

Daveroo is on a distinguished road

ok..well thats the input i was after,thanks all...would sure be fun to "play" with when finished....lol
Old 12-29-2013, 12:06 AM
Dairyland trucker's right hand man.

dabears is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daveroo View Post
ok..well thats the input i was after,thanks all...would sure be fun to "play" with when finished....lol
Yes it would! I think many have planned on a similar build but pulling all the parts in financially can take years for most.. but worth it in the long run
Old 12-29-2013, 11:25 AM
Green Horn

toniolillo is on a distinguished road

Great idea i like it very much