RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Kings of the Road > Big Boys of the road 4x4/6x6/8x8/10x10 Trucks

Big Boys of the road 4x4/6x6/8x8/10x10 Trucks This forum is for those multiple axle trucks and other vehicles on and off road.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-29-2013, 12:54 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Stuff is on a distinguished road
Default TheStuffz' 6x6 Stretched Globe Liner!!

So it all started when my Globe showed up! I had traded it for my Mercedes and the Bruder trailer and was starting over fresh.

Didnt take long and I was building the diff's and locking them up as I made them.

Got enough of the Fulda Crossforces to outfit this soon to be work truck!

Painted the cab Tamiya "Micra Red" and it turned out lighter due to white primer. It is lighter then intended but still turned out not bad!

Since I was planning on 6x6 and a guy I know was selling what was left of his HighLift, I got the body, transmission, two axles and the body off him. Frame was hacked up pretty bad and was un usable
The axles were heavily used so I had to buy new plastic halfs off eBay and rebuild them. Bearing kits from STELLA models came in handy there!!

Next was the roof spoiler. Yeah its kinda... different but then again so is the truck! lol

Next was the trailer. I got that 42" trailer off of here. It was a stock trailer that has been stretched and spruced up a little bit.

I got a trailer suspension and put it on. I used a pole trailer rear bumper setup and put in the tamiya trailer lights at the same time. The trailer did have lights but they were just hooked up to a single servo lead and was all on or all off. now i have brakes and signals.

since the HL tranny was huge and not geared down, I found this on evil bay and dropped it in. yeah bit expensive but a planetary to a two speed trans to a transfer case all in one.

I made the plunge and drilled holes and tapped it in! (ALSO!! It has an RC4WD 80T motor!)

and now I have a 6x6 Globe!! (I have yet to get the drive shafts though!!)

Subscribe!!
My Facebook -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Stuff; 06-29-2013 at 01:10 AM.