RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment

Construction Equipment If it digs, pushes, hauls dirt "off road" post it here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-08-2012, 11:21 PM

hintzconst is on a distinguished road
Default 6 Cylinder Diesel For a D9

So I've been watching these forums for the last month and decided that now is as good a time as any to start my project. I am building a diesel powered D9 in 1:5 scale. Since there aren't any multi cylinder engines that I could find I am designing a model sized diesel engine. I'm going to build 3 variations to see which one works best. One will be a 200 cc 6 cylinder, one will be a 200 cc turbocharged, and a 135 cc 4 cylinder. Below is the beginings of the cad prototyping process, for the 6 cylinders' The 6 cylinder engines will be 3" wide x 6" tall x 10.5" long and the 4 cylinder will be the same height and width but 2 cylinders shorter so about 7" long. These will also be water cooled and have a pressure oil system much like their full size counterparts. I figure at the rate I'm going right now it'll be about a month before I get to make any chips, but if I hoping that I can address most of the blatent misfortunes that can befall the engine in model space. When I finally actually get it built I'm thinking spectaular is the proper word, whether everything is good and it fires up and runs smooth or bad and the little connecting rods come flying out of the side of the block it'll be spectacular to watch. So as I make progress I'll keep everyone posted.