RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's General Discussion. > General Discussion

General Discussion A place to post off topic discussions.

Old 03-02-2011, 11:10 PM
Green Horn

CrimsonCorsair is on a distinguished road
Arrow Good price for a King Hauler kit?

Hello everyone. I have been lusting after your trucks for some time. I have even started buying some parts for customizing. While I have been waiting for my bonus to arrive I have been monitoring prices on King Hauler kits. Today two sites came up with a pretty good price, at least I think so. I am hoping you will agree with me. If I am off base please let me know what price range I should be looking for.

The first deal I found was on Amazon. They have a King Hauler for $389.00 with free shipping. They only have one at this price and my bonus is not here yet so I may miss this deal...

So I also found this: http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-Tamiya-1-14-...ht_1854wt_1143

This is a new kit for $399.00, also with free shipping. This auction has 19 available and is scheduled to last 29 days.

Long story short - is $400.00 about the best deal I am going to find on a new King Hauler kit?

Thanks for your advice.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 03-02-2011, 11:15 PM
White Line Fever

roadranger is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Good price for a King Hauler kit?

Yep, I've been looking around for awhile, and the $399 eBay one was the best deal I've found, until you posted the $389 Amazon deal.
And since the eBay deal is located in the USA, the shipping time won't be anywhere near Hong Kong shipping of 3-4 weeks.

Jim B.
Colorado Springs

Last edited by roadranger; 03-02-2011 at 11:17 PM.
Old 03-02-2011, 11:17 PM
Green Horn

Well I don't have the money yet so I won't hold it against you if you jump on that Amazon deal

Last edited by CrimsonCorsair; 03-02-2011 at 11:20 PM. Reason: Fixed typo - working from my iPhone
Old 03-02-2011, 11:19 PM
White Line Fever

roadranger is on a distinguished road

LOL you're safe from me - I don't have the money on hand either!

but you DID let the cat out of the bag!

Jim B.
Colorado Springs
Old 03-02-2011, 11:23 PM
Green Horn

Only fair after all the advice I have gotten from this site already. Thanks!

Old 03-02-2011, 11:59 PM
Weaver Of Dreams

Dreamweaver will become famous soon enough

You really don't need a whole kit. I started with just a body. everything else I got piece by piece. After looking what is in the kit and what of it I would actually use. I found that it would be a waist of money to buy the kit.

Now granted mine is slightly custom built, but the fact is I have only used a few Tamiya parts and those I got cheap on ebay.

Mike "DREAMWEAVER" Johnson

RIP FreddyGearDrive 2-12-59/12-19-11

Rims and Tanks by ihbuilder / Grill and Visor by Brian in PA / Mirrors, Front and Rear Bumper, Back of Cab Lights, and Steering Arms by tc1cat / Fenders by Stylin n Profilin / Frame Rails by The Late Freddy Gear Drive
Old 03-03-2011, 11:41 AM
Green Horn

Mike,
Thanks for that, however most of my experience in modeling has been just building them and not so much bashing them I would like to start with the kit and then add/modify from there. Might be the OCD - not sure I hope to pick up the kit soon. In the mean time I will keep watching for deals and if i find any more I will post them. Thanks!

Old 03-03-2011, 02:30 PM
I'd rather be truckin'

Brian in PA will become famous soon enoughBrian in PA will become famous soon enough

Im gonna have to disagree with Mike on this. I built my first 2 trucks by puchasing King Hauler kits. My third truck I just purchased what I thought I was going to need, cab, Freddys frame rails and driveline components and other misc things. But it is all of the specialty hardware that gets you. Plus you can always sell what you dont use to get some of your $$ back. Someone is always looking for something. Just my 2 cents but my next build I do, I will be buying the whole kit.

Brian

Tags
king hauler, price, tamiya