RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Kings of the Road > Highway Trucks and Trailers

Highway Trucks and Trailers On road trucks and trailers single and twin axle trucks.

Old 05-11-2016, 10:19 AM

Hwheeler1973 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: My first Semi build, KW W900L

Thank you Shaun! It's not over the top like yours tho!
Old 05-15-2016, 03:13 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Claus is on a distinguished road

Truck and trailer are looking awesome! If you go over to piratefarmtoys.com, the boys over there will show you how to spruce up the combine.

Rob's Deere combine;

Old 05-15-2016, 03:16 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Love the tail light panel on the trailer, much better than stock!

Old 05-15-2016, 06:38 AM

"Truck and trailer are looking awesome! If you go over to piratefarmtoys.com, the boys over there will show you how to spruce up the combine.

Rob's Deere combine;"

Thank you for the link Claus! I'll check them out. And FabOne is the guy that changed the lighting. I total agree tho! It looks a lot more realistic now!
Old 05-23-2016, 09:47 PM

Hey everyone! It's update time again!

So first off, I finally decided on a name! StarStruck. I chose this name because of the response that I get from people when they see it. They don't really know what to say other than they amazed. It's really like they are starstruck. Michelle up in Canada has made some decals for it!

Next, I stripped everything down off the chassis and well tried to paint it, the chassis I mean. I don't know if it was the weather or what the issue was but the first time I painted it, the paint wrinkled really bad. So in a Walmart parking lot with 2 gallon jugs of water I stripped the chassis back down. And I started over! Well in this case the second time's the charm! This time I got a beautiful perfect paint job on the chassis! I used all scale hardware to put it back together.I really wanted it to look like the bolts or chrome.

Day by day I'm adding more and more detail. I'm still waiting for the final version of my grill and the aluminum floors all of which are being made Russ.

There are two dark pictures posted in here. Both show the headlights. I managed to fit a set of Veroma halo lights into these PMD headlight buckets. I had to use a Dremel and enlarge the opening in the headlights. And then I had to make my own lenses. I just cut down a set that I already had. So in the end I have blue halos and separate LED headlights.

Now onto the pictures! Enjoy!

Old 05-23-2016, 10:30 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Wow! I love the white chassis and all the polished aluminum. The stacks also look great! Also it is nice to see something different that a cut King Hauler cab, not that there is anything wrong with that but variety is always great!
Old 05-23-2016, 10:40 PM

Default Re: My first Semi build, KW W900

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claus View Post
Wow! I love the white chassis and all the polished aluminum. The stacks also look great! Also it is nice to see something different that a cut King Hauler cab, not that there is anything wrong with that but variety is always great!
Thank you! I was really unsure about the white chassis until I got it put back together. Even I stood there in awe! It ended up looking amazing! As for the body, not too many people can drop $400 on just a body, not that I can either really but you get what I mean. I'm sure I'm not the only one on here that's stood there looking at a truck that they built and thought, Holy Crap! I built that!
Old 05-23-2016, 11:12 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Northern Farmer is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Re: My first Semi build, KW W900L

Awesome job on the build lots of attention to detail!
Old 05-24-2016, 07:13 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

TRUCKMAKER is on a distinguished road

It turned out great Jesse! If someone didn't know what it is they would sware it was a 1:1.
Old 05-24-2016, 07:48 AM
Green Horn

wolfws6 is on a distinguished road

Awesome Job!! I like the attention to detail.
Old 05-24-2016, 08:14 AM
Wannabe

up9018 is on a distinguished road

Looking sharp! I like the white frame with blue fenders. Very nice work.

Chris
Old 05-24-2016, 08:23 AM
Super Moderator

tc1cat is on a distinguished road

OUTSTANDING!!!! Can't wait to see it at our next get-together.
Old 05-24-2016, 08:59 AM

Thank you for the positive comments everyone! Your reactions and thoughts are what drives me to get it right as I've been building this truck! There are a few guys going to the Shell Rotella Super Trucks show in Joplin, Mo on June 9th-11th and taking their trucks. I'm hoping to make it there to show it off! If anyone is interested, here's a link. http://rotella.shell.com/superrigs.html.
Old 05-24-2016, 12:03 PM
Journeyman

FabOne is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUCKMAKER View Post
It turned out great Jesse! If someone didn't know what it is they would sware it was a 1:1.
That's what I have said all along. The GREAT job Jesse's done on detailing the truck and then the setting for the photo's, it really looks like it is a 1:1.

AWESOME job Jesse!!

-Terry
Old 05-24-2016, 01:08 PM

Giuseppe is on a distinguished road

Awesome truck!!!!!!. Very star truck;But, the anterior fender, is too high ?.Aniway, Is a very fantastic truck.Ps : no offense.Regards, to italy.
Old 07-18-2016, 01:39 AM

KWAddict is on a distinguished road

That is incredible. My fiancé and I are getting married in October and then most likely headed over the road. I've been a local guy for 5 years now. I've always been able to make great money hauling for the coal mines or casing for the oil & gas industry and never had to go over the road to support myself. That has changed haha. About the only gig I can find where I'm at now is hauling lumber and it's barely paying the bills. We're going to go over the road together (not as team, her just riding) and then cut out paying rent, utilities, etc. JCT seems to have a great LP program where guys are still making good settlements at the end of the week after the truck insurance payments.

This build gives me hope that this may be something I could pursue while being OTR! I'm just very scared of things being easily misplaced in all the little nooks of the truck haha. I also hope my (then) wife doesn't move pieces around on me while cleaning lol.

So I'm completely new to all this. Literally 0 experience in the RC world. At the same time, I'm pretty mechanically inclined and catch on quick. So if you don't mind me asking, if I were going to attempt to do something "custom" (like a KW W9 Studio Sleeper look like this) would you order a kit and use what you could from it or start by ordering stock frame rails, then order suspension, and so on? Start from the ground and go in little sub sections? What would you recommend?

This is an incredible build. I am very jealous. Maybe once I hit the big road, we'll cross paths one day!
Old 08-10-2016, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWAddict View Post
That is incredible. My fiancé and I are getting married in October and then most likely headed over the road. I've been a local guy for 5 years now. I've always been able to make great money hauling for the coal mines or casing for the oil & gas industry and never had to go over the road to support myself. That has changed haha. About the only gig I can find where I'm at now is hauling lumber and it's barely paying the bills. We're going to go over the road together (not as team, her just riding) and then cut out paying rent, utilities, etc. JCT seems to have a great LP program where guys are still making good settlements at the end of the week after the truck insurance payments.

This build gives me hope that this may be something I could pursue while being OTR! I'm just very scared of things being easily misplaced in all the little nooks of the truck haha. I also hope my (then) wife doesn't move pieces around on me while cleaning lol.

So I'm completely new to all this. Literally 0 experience in the RC world. At the same time, I'm pretty mechanically inclined and catch on quick. So if you don't mind me asking, if I were going to attempt to do something "custom" (like a KW W9 Studio Sleeper look like this) would you order a kit and use what you could from it or start by ordering stock frame rails, then order suspension, and so on? Start from the ground and go in little sub sections? What would you recommend?

This is an incredible build. I am very jealous. Maybe once I hit the big road, we'll cross paths one day!

Thank you for the compliment on my truck! I'm sorry that it took me so long to respond to your comment. I've been busy trying to get a couple of other builds ready for the Indy show and haven't been on here in awhile.

It does happen that especially the smaller stuff gets misplaced or even lost. But that happens even when you've got a workbench! The most important thing is to clean up and put everything away when you're done. That's the best way to avoid loosing stuff.

I think most will agree that for someone with no experience, a kit is the best way for you to get started. Buying and assembling a kit lets you see how everything goes together and how it all works. All kits come with assembly instructions that are pretty easy to follow. I would suggest getting a Grand Hauler kit. It's already got the longer frame rails. They are long enough to build a W900 with a Studio sleeper on but they are shorter than what I used. Honestly, the wheelbase on this truck is right at the edge of unusable if it was scaled up to real size. Using the Grand Hauler rails would make it more realistic in the full sized world.

I really have enjoyed running across some of the members on here! It's always cool to put a face to a user name!