RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment > Construction Companies & Worksites

Old 11-28-2010, 07:06 AM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation
Default Re: Hauling Dirt out of my basement (present day)

It was package well, lots of bubble wrap, foam and packing cardboard throughout, but the big box, the cardboard was too thin. I sent Vario Germany a kind email showing the damage and suggested that a wooden crate would be a better choice to send out future model kits abroad to ensure the safe arrival of their product.

Ofcourse it was insured, but moreso to guarantee it wouldn't be lost in the system. That's quite a racket these shipping mail companies have designed, don't insure & it disappears, it's like dealing with the mafia! And forget about collecting $ for minor damage and it's a lengthy process to get anything out of them if it is destroyed beyond recognition.

On a more positive note; the quality on the cuts of the thick steel is impressive, very clean, crisp edges. We'll see how well it all fits together.

Good call on the JB Weld Rob, Lou, I was thinking the same thing too and have smoothed on the 1st layer. Now wait a few days to cure and add some more.

Well it's Grey Cup Sunday! GO RYDERS!!!!!

Last edited by Lil Giants; 11-28-2010 at 07:18 AM.
Old 11-28-2010, 07:21 AM
Fabrication and design , super moderator

ihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the rough

Joe , I've seen ( I think on a german forum ) someone building 1 of those . It was not plastic like this 1 . apparently it's supposed to work . I do not know if he finished it yet . this one looks to be made of bruder parts and styrene . Good to hear the crops where not a total waste .

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 11-28-2010, 07:45 AM
BANNED

Ohhh this aint styrene Steve! Both the boom & stick are a couple of pounds each (I don't have a scale to measure). That's 5mm steel you see within, I don't know what the material is that is formed around the steel for it's detailed shape. Obviously any sort of impact to it will chip it.

Ole weighed in his rtr 870 model @78lbs. I'm gonna have to build a skid to slide the 850 down the stairs to the quarry.
Old 11-28-2010, 07:54 AM

ihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the rough

I'm sorry Joe , I mean the crusher , I'm actually interested in that hoe for a distant future investment . I've been watching all the 1's I've seen now 1 has come to the proving grounds ( your quarry )

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 11-28-2010, 08:26 AM
BANNED

Oh too many things being discussed at once.

At the rate your building skills are improving with experience Steve, you'll build your own 850 in due time with your selfmade hyd sytem which will no doubt surpass this one.
Old 11-28-2010, 08:38 AM
Super Moderator

tc1cat is on a distinguished road

Sorry to see the damage on a new toy before you even get to build it. I thought I read somewhere that the material is some sort of glass filled resin which would not be to good for taking hits but great for load bearing. Your fixes should not even be noticed when completed. Will watch your build as I will be in the market for some construction equip. next year.

Lynn
Old 11-28-2010, 08:49 AM

yea your right on the building . the way thing are going now , I need to look in to updating my antiques to some production 1's . Once I do that why buy what I can build . I've been reading ex. kalle's builds on modell baustelle , makes me want to go to that extreme . I got the chance to see the weekco 345 in action this past summer it's OK , but the ? is how long will it hold up . reading through modell baustelle , I've seen the flaws already . I could spend that much on a good bp mill and have what I need to make 1 If not better . sorry for kicking that dead horse a little .

Old 11-28-2010, 09:23 AM
BANNED

Thanx for the info Lynn, much appreciated.

B/c of the size of the 850's bucket, I don't know how much I'll use the 850 to dig/load trks. I'm thinking I'll build a ripper tooth and possibly mount a large, powerful, slow turning motor with a grinding head to mined the earth so I don't have to do anymore hand digging. That'll also slow down the excavation too, make it more scale, win win.

weakco, that's a great acronym for them... but yeah, we don't need to discuss that garbage anymore, it's broadly known.
Old 11-28-2010, 09:15 PM

dirtpusher9 has a spectacular aura aboutdirtpusher9 has a spectacular aura about

That should be a good fix Joe. I figured that by this time we would at least have a pic or two of the undercarriage and maybe the frame being assembled.
Old 12-04-2010, 09:54 PM
Journeyman

RCLogger will become famous soon enough

Hey Joe Your new machine looks great ! Looking forward to seeing it in motion.

Ran across this motor, it might be a replacement for the motor and tranny in the 740 ! What do you think ?

http://www.robotmarketplace.com/products/0-BHG20.html
greg
Old 12-05-2010, 08:00 PM
BANNED

That'd be a great gh motor to try 1st Greg. I think 1st gear in the wdc trans 16:1 & 2nd is 11:1 with a 5000 rpm motor. I found that 2nd was a bit too quick and stalling the motor on not much grade. This 20:1 gh motor is closer to 2nd gear, but maybe slow enough to give the motor enough torque to push the load.

But the weakest link in the wdc adt is the 1st pinion of the front axle, it has to push the entire model! So even with a torquey gh motor, that'll be the next thing to BLOW! Junk the entire powertrain in that model and put a motor at each wheel... as there is really no space to fashion in a transfer case... or better yet, just throw it in the garbage, spare yourself the aggravation!

Been down with the flu for a couple wks, I haven't done much with the 850. I nearly got the shipping damage repaired, a bit more sanding / filing to do.

Last edited by Lil Giants; 12-05-2010 at 08:03 PM.
Old 12-05-2010, 09:14 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Stuff is on a distinguished road

looking like your getting the thing back in shape!!
Subscribe!!
My Facebook -
Old 12-05-2010, 10:58 PM
Backyard enginier

Izzy will become famous soon enoughIzzy will become famous soon enough

Joe - sorry to hear about the damage to your purchases ... does Fed Ex offer insurance on shipments???

Is boggles the mind as to how much we lay down for our equipment - just to have it show up is such bad shape.....

Was it packed by the manufacturer so poorly or a distributer? - Who can we roast on this one......
Old 12-05-2010, 11:06 PM
Journeyman

RCLogger will become famous soon enough

Good to know Joe, it sounds like six motors is the way to go then. Six motors is alot simpler as well. I am sure it would not be alot of work to place six motors in that 740...
Hope you get well soon. I have been slowed for the last ten days as well, hockey has a curse on me I swear. In the last 3 seasons I have dislocted a shoulder, broke 3 ribs and now pulled groin, the physio guy said my hockey career is over... He said he never seen one pulled so bad.

greg
Old 12-05-2010, 11:18 PM
Backyard enginier

Izzy will become famous soon enoughIzzy will become famous soon enough

Just poured through those two other build threads - this is one massive machine....... get her done and put her to work!
Old 12-06-2010, 08:34 AM
Dozer Builder

td9clyde will become famous soon enoughtd9clyde will become famous soon enough

lookin good can't wait to see more pics
Old 12-07-2010, 12:10 PM

lorenzo is on a distinguished road

Congratulations to your new helper . This excs are really huge . Sad to see the damages the shipping left. I hope there isn't more in bad shape.
Has Vario replyed to your kind email?
Old 12-11-2010, 02:52 PM
Wannabe

RCTech9 is on a distinguished road

Any updates on the BEAST!!!
Old 12-12-2010, 04:09 PM
BANNED

I got reply last Sunday from Vario that a claim of 200 euro has been sent to Fed Ex for the damages... busy time for everyone I guess, haven't heard anything since.

I blame Fed Ex Izzy, the condition of the box was poor, looked like it'd been roughed up alot during transport. All the parts had been wrapped with plenty of bubble wrap... but the pieces are HEAVY! box dropped hard too many times.

Still not feeling well, bad cough, not in the mood to build... it'll give me something to do during xmas/new yrs, the rest of my family is going to Ontario for the holidays and I got these worthless cows to look after.

Feeling better Greg? You're not cursed, you're just getting old! Do you not have an old timers leauge, non contact? The ol boys round here (40+) play about twenty minutes, then go to the locker room to play poker & drink beer for two - three hrs... good excuse to get away from the wives one night a wk. haha
Old 12-16-2010, 12:53 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Stuff is on a distinguished road

I dont like fed-ex for large packages. My 1:9 tank that i bought from a fellow in Edmonton went to calgary, to regina, to vancouver... to FREDRICKSON, to VANCOUVER... to FREDRICKSON AGAIN!, to vancouver... again.. Called the 1-800 # and asked them wtf is going on with my shipment, explained its very fragile and that it should have been here by now. The lady apologized and the next day it arrived to my door by a fedex truck!! but the one end of the box was very shoddy and the packing peanuts were all but gone, and it was a miracle that the barrel was not broken off the turret!! (that was the fragile part)

also this is how it arrived at my door. note the directions of the arrows..
Subscribe!!
My Facebook -