RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Tech section. > Sound Systems tech

Sound Systems tech This section is dedicated to the sound systems for our models. Tamiya MFU, Servonaut, etc.

Old 06-24-2014, 04:15 AM

ngward79 is on a distinguished road
Default New Cat D7 sound module

Though I still do not have a construction model yet I was bothered by the lack of sound kits for tracked vehicles and with wanting to own the Carson 634 I would like it to sound like one so I went searching for someone who could and found this guy. I've been working with him to construct a proper module that would be well rounded to suit most tracked vehicles and would sound close to others and this is what we came up with. It will have start up sound, low idle increased to high idle at speed, shut off sound, reverse beep and horn. He even said if we wanted he could put hydraulic sounds on it or squeaking track sounds as well if wanted. I've seen videos and reviews of a lot of his products and they all seem great.He is out of Canada which also makes it nice having someone in North America to supply us and for service purposes. I believe the price will be around $200 which is in the same range as comparable sound modules but his are a bit more advanced since the sound memory program is on a removable SD card. And if nothing else he already has kits for all sorts of planes, helicopters, tanks and boats as well.

FYI I'm not getting anything out of this deal either, I was literally just looking for something for myself and it snowballed into him making something. So anyway just trying to help out the hobby and the small business man. So take it for what you will and I hope i help someone in the process.

- Nick -

http://www.modelsoundsinc.com/soundsystems-wired.php
Old 06-24-2014, 04:22 AM

ngward79 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: New Cat D7 sound module

I do want to add that he doesn't have it listed on his web site yet. So if your interested just shoot him an e-mail, he is very promote about getting back with you in a timely manner.

- Nick -
Old 07-20-2014, 05:04 AM
Aussie Fabricator

titandigs is on a distinguished road

I have sent David a sound clip from a D 10 dozer and he is working on it now, hopefully in the next week or so he may have something ready.
Thanks for the link/info Nick
Old 10-19-2014, 03:59 AM
Aussie Fabricator

titandigs is on a distinguished road

I would recommend that if you purchase one of these cards you get a full demo of the sound it makes before you part with your hard earnt $$$$.
I purchased one of these and believe that what you get from Europe is a much better sound and easier to find a home for. The Canadian model needs to be fixed to the model by screws and has no protective coating around it like the Servonaut products. And Service ???

Last edited by titandigs; 10-19-2014 at 04:01 AM.