RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment

Construction Equipment If it digs, pushes, hauls dirt "off road" post it here.

Old 09-09-2010, 03:41 PM
Apprentice

D8R is on a distinguished road
Default D8R +463 in 1/5,6

Hi, starting here with some pics on my models as far as I´m today.
Build mostly during winter season, have other old trucks and machinery to take care of during summer.
As seen on second pic, I try to make some parts in heavy paper to get dimension right before doing it in metal. This is the lower oil tank (the original fuel tank will also be used for hydraulic oil). Do need as much oil as possible since machine is hydrostatic driven.

Dan
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_0050.jpg (47.8 KB, 710 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_0472.jpg (52.0 KB, 690 views)
Old 09-09-2010, 04:01 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

JAMMER is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Re: D8R +463 in 1/5,6

Very nice D 8R and pan. It is all run on hydraulics? That is quiet an idea and it looks good so far. Ed
Old 09-09-2010, 04:06 PM
Fabrication and design , super moderator

ihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: D8R +463 in 1/5,6

now thats a toy and a half

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 09-09-2010, 04:11 PM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation

HOLY COW!!! that's freaking awesome in size!!!

I'd luv to hear that dozer scream with power while under full load... anything on youtube yet?

Have you weighed the dozer or scraper yet?
Old 09-09-2010, 04:20 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

9W Monighan will become famous soon enough9W Monighan will become famous soon enough

Welcome! Can we see some more photos? Where are you located?
Old 09-09-2010, 04:24 PM
Wannabe

pugs is on a distinguished road

Now thats more to my liking! Very nice work
Old 09-09-2010, 08:10 PM

dirtpusher9 has a spectacular aura aboutdirtpusher9 has a spectacular aura about

Glad you found us Dan, you will like this site and like I said before these guys will love your work.

Did you ever find any valves that work for you? Have you made any more progress?
Old 09-09-2010, 08:17 PM
Dozer Builder

td9clyde will become famous soon enoughtd9clyde will become famous soon enough

awsomely big!!!! thats cool will it be r/c or rideable?? lol very nice work
Old 09-10-2010, 02:53 PM
Apprentice

Thanks guys, the weight now is 410lbs on D8 (that´s dry, just oil will add another 30lbs. The 463 is about 230lbs and designed for a load of +220lbs.

The D8 will have (if I have calculated right) a pull of 620lbs so if should be possible to do the same work as the big one.
Still has some 100hours beforeit can be started, needs inside oiltank, connections, servo installation, muffler...........

My location is just south of Stockholm, Sweden. i´m lucky because a friend has a set up of D8R (series2) with a hydraulic converted 463.
I have been at machine show in Brownsville 2 times, seen your fantastic work, unfortunatly have not got the possibility to meet you, if I make it a 3 rd time I will sit by the model until we meet.

The hydraulic system and it´s components are set now, got some fine small quick disconectors from Rectus, they have a dia of 10mm (3/8") and they are closing both ways.

The model will be radio control, now looking at Futaba 7 channel or a Robbe 16 channel.
From earlier discussion with you Joe, since I have 2valves that supplies the 2 hydraulic motors, I need 2 servos that should work together to recreate the function on the real one. R/C controlled airplanes uses sometime a similar mix on steering and height control. The valve used is from HAWE and is compensated so needs very little force to move valve (in fact I will go on midi servos).

Have tried to upload pic with 640x480 size, (says it should be 280 in height, don´t know that format) but it only comes as thumbnails, any hint how to get them as big as other pictures on other threads??

Will post progress, but right now only playing with the 1:1 equipment ,see thread "americans in sweden".

Have a nice weekend (wishes I was together with my other swedish friends visiting the HCEA convention this weekend).

Dan
Old 09-10-2010, 04:26 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

9W Monighan will become famous soon enough9W Monighan will become famous soon enough

Dan, Too bad you came all the way to the USA and didn't find me. The 08' show had the model there and my wife was working next to it and she told me alot of people asked about it but I was busy working my 1:1 Cats.
By any chance are you Gilbert's friend? or alias Quad?
20yrs ago I started to build a D6H but big enough for my kid to ride on but never finished it because I didn't have enough money to buy the diesel engine I wanted for it.
I think for a radio,get a Specktrum DX7. I've been told that these function flawlessly. In fact I just bought one on ebay today. When I was using my 72Mhz radio at the show last month,I had alot of interference due to the steel super structure and on occasion somebody's cell phone while standing next to me.
Steve
Old 09-10-2010, 04:42 PM
Craftsman

modelman is on a distinguished road

D8R-very impressive work! On the pictures, if you are using a host site be sure the pics are 640x480 then just paste the img code directly onto your message and the pictures should be there.
Old 09-10-2010, 06:29 PM
Master Builder

rc_farmer is on a distinguished road

That is a very nice build you have going on there. What size motor is that you are using? Please more pic!!

Rob
Old 09-11-2010, 11:06 AM

mog is on a distinguished road

wow that is a really nice modle what is the size of engine in it. looks like your one good boy in the shop to have made all that.
Old 09-11-2010, 12:36 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Stuff is on a distinguished road

wow! very huge!
Subscribe!!
My Facebook -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 09-13-2010, 02:43 PM
Apprentice

Thanks for the comments,
Steve, googled on the DX7, do you or any else know how the reciver will work when placed inside a metal box. Did plan to have battery and recivers inside the left box on machine. Don´t want to place it inside cab, this should look just like the real one. Another way is to build the box in styrene, but will it work with the antennas still inside the box?
Company selling Spektrum here localy says it has to be a "SPM2712E" code on box to legal? Buying here in sweden it cost $400 without servos, that a little higher than ebay but with ebay I have to pay freight, sales tax to get in to sweden.

Trying a bigger pic on the engine installation (Honda GX100, 2,5hp)

well it doesn´t work with my pic, had no problem with posting them (same size as here) on HEF and the program for both forums look the same. I have all my pics on my computer, not on any other source and I don´t like thumbnails, you should see the pic in right size direct! Hope someone can give answer to this or should question be adressed to moderator?

I will gladely post more pics on the models if I don´t have problem posting them, any special detail or wiew wanted, just put in a message.

Dan
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_0349.jpg (96.8 KB, 308 views)
Old 09-13-2010, 03:31 PM

dirtpusher9 has a spectacular aura aboutdirtpusher9 has a spectacular aura about

If you go with the 2.4 Ghz you won't have any problem being surrounded by metal. I isolated my antennas with a piece of rubber and made sure the bare tips can't touch anything and it has worked fine. Just make sure you follow the instruction that comes with the rx and it will be fine.

I load my pics into Photobucket and then copy and paste them here, it's a lot easyier. That attachment garbage didn't work for me on HEF.
Old 09-13-2010, 03:36 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

SmallHaul Scott would have the answer for the radio receiver. He did tell me one time that the receiver could be hidden deep inside of my dragline frame. Not sure how legal anything is. All I know we're not using the radio at some aircraft meet.
Old 09-13-2010, 03:43 PM
Apprentice

Thanks for quick responce, guess I can´t use where to place reciever for an excuse to not continue the build, ha ha.
I will try the Photobucket way tomorrow, still amazed that posting pic in forum should be so hard, the forums is all about sharing expirence (text and pics)!
Old 09-13-2010, 06:11 PM
Wannabe

pugs is on a distinguished road

Very nice pics, way cool model
Old 09-14-2010, 01:46 AM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation

For the forum to provide photo hosting adds to the monthly cost of bandwidth useage & storage on the host server, there's only so much bandwidth/storage allowable at a certain $rate... the forums are free to use... If you click pic twice, then the original size can be seen.

Set up a free photobucket account, it's better for everyone involved.

Did you ever see "dozernerd" on youtube? He had like a gas engine D11 in about 1/6th scale... I tried to get him to join the forums a few yrs ago, but he wasn't interested. I see he has since deleted his YT account. He was from the Pacific northwest USA.

Tags
1/5.6, big scale, cat, d8r, dozer