RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Kings of the Road > Highway Trucks and Trailers

Highway Trucks and Trailers On road trucks and trailers single and twin axle trucks.

Old 05-11-2011, 10:19 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

glorydays24 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: "SLUMLORD" pic's...finally

Thanx again guy's, i'm hoping the final chassis will be here near the end of the month

Big John

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

YOU WANTED THE BEST AND YOU GOT THE BEST THE HOTTEST BAND IN THE WORLD...KISS!!!!
Old 09-27-2011, 09:13 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

OK guys and gals...I got some bad news about the rest of my "SLUMLORD" and trailer. The guy I bought this from screwed me, and I won't be getting the rest of the truck-trailer But that hasn't made me want to give up. I want eveyone's input on this...I was thinking light blue on the truck and trailer's frames to contrast the other shades of blues.
If you have a color that you think would look better, let me know
I am also thinking of some idea's of blue neon under the truck-trailer, and blue led's on the back of the sleeper, and so on.
Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanx, Big John

YOU WANTED THE BEST AND YOU GOT THE BEST THE HOTTEST BAND IN THE WORLD...KISS!!!!
Old 09-28-2011, 05:47 AM

bruce is on a distinguished road

very nice looking rig, that paint job is awsome.
Old 09-28-2011, 02:36 PM
Green Horn

Straywolf is on a distinguished road
Talking Re: "SLUMLORD" pic's...finally

Quote:
Originally Posted by glorydays24 View Post
OK guys and gals...I got some bad news about the rest of my "SLUMLORD" and trailer. The guy I bought this from screwed me, and I won't be getting the rest of the truck-trailer But that hasn't made me want to give up. I want eveyone's input on this...I was thinking light blue on the truck and trailer's frames to contrast the other shades of blues.
If you have a color that you think would look better, let me know
I am also thinking of some idea's of blue neon under the truck-trailer, and blue led's on the back of the sleeper, and so on.
Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanx, Big John
Sorry to hear about the rest of the truck deal, but glad your not gonna give up

As for the light blue i am not really sure, what could help is that the frame rails your not gonna use i would paint those first with the light blue color let it dry then sit the cab you have on the mock up rails and look at it from all angles and even post here what it looks for more input.

To me it seems the light blue would maybe take away from the cab as light blue does really stand out.

To me i see it sitting on a dark blue frame or even black, which i would think it would help the cab stand out. Also i think black or dark blue wouldn't take away from the cab paint job.

Just my thoughts.

Mike

Old 09-28-2011, 08:15 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Thank you Bruce, if I could only paint like that

Mike, you changed my mind for me. I think I will go with dark blue. You said the light blue take away from the bodies, and I think you are right. Dark blue it is

Thanx again fella's, Big John

Old 09-29-2011, 10:39 AM
On Leave

Cossett is a jewel in the roughCossett is a jewel in the roughCossett is a jewel in the roughCossett is a jewel in the rough

Hi big John, just to add to that maybe once the chassis rails are painted how about some scroll / line work on the side of the rails to compliment the pain job as that's a lot of chassis you have exposed there.......

Cheers Tracy

Old 09-29-2011, 03:45 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Tracy, i'm waiting on some stock frame rails from stylin n profilin. So it will be stock lenght, and i'm going to put fenders above the tandems. And I have a few ideas that I have in mind. But thanx for your input.

Big John

Old 09-29-2011, 06:55 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

BRICKNICK is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Tracy, i'm waiting on some stock frame rails from stylin n profilin. So it will be stock lenght, and i'm going to put fenders above the tandems. And I have a few ideas that I have in mind. But thanx for your input.

Big John
I would highly advise you to atleast a little bit of a stretch on the frame. As soon as its all painted and finished sitting on stock length rails, and u bring it out to a meet or show and see some of the length on the other trucks in comparison to stock you will wish you had a little bit of that large car frame stretch, by the way I agree with the dark blue or black frame color. If its dark blue you should do some kind of scrolling or two tone inlay.
Old 09-30-2011, 08:54 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

BRICKNICK, I do like the stretched frames, but I wasn't planning on a streched frame for this because as you can tell the farrings are not on the sleeper. But you got me thinking, I could go 3 or 4 inches. You think that will be enough?

Thanx, Big John

Old 09-30-2011, 09:30 PM
I'm tryin Boss!

Stylin n profilin has a spectacular aura aboutStylin n profilin has a spectacular aura aboutStylin n profilin has a spectacular aura about

I think Nick is right....3 to 4 inch stretch would be perfect....Got wheelbase?

One Bus Stop Short Of The Short Bus...
Old 09-30-2011, 09:55 PM
Weaver Of Dreams

Dreamweaver will become famous soon enough

John if you look at most stretched large cars.. They have no fairings on the backs of the sleepers.. I agree with the others on the frame color as well. You always want your frame darker in my opinion... In fact in cases of two tones you always want the lighter color to be the majority color and the dark to be the minority color.. Just my two cents worth but after having trucks in several truck shows I can tell ya that is the "Norm"..

~Mike~
Old 09-30-2011, 10:02 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylin n profilin View Post
I think Nick is right....3 to 4 inch stretch would be perfect....Got wheelbase?
LOL!!!! I do like the long wheelbase on trucks. By the way, any news on the frame rails...I'm itching to get started. Take your time, but hurry, LOL!!!!

Big John

Old 09-30-2011, 10:07 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamweaver View Post
John if you look at most stretched large cars.. They have no fairings on the backs of the sleepers.. I agree with the others on the frame color as well. You always want your frame darker in my opinion... In fact in cases of two tones you always want the lighter color to be the majority color and the dark to be the minority color.. Just my two cents worth but after having trucks in several truck shows I can tell ya that is the "Norm"..

~Mike~
Mike, the reason I wasn't going to add lentgh to the frame is w/o the farrings, it looks like there's more room between the truck and trailer. I was thinking when I paint the frame dark blue, putting a piece of stainless between the rails...What ya think? Thanx for your help, Big John

Old 10-01-2011, 04:55 AM
On Leave

Cossett is a jewel in the roughCossett is a jewel in the roughCossett is a jewel in the roughCossett is a jewel in the rough

Hi Big John, you were saying "because as you can tell the farrings are not on the sleeper" why not get some nice aluminium ones made and even get them engraved and that would solve that problem??? I'm sure one of the talented vendors here could do that for you.....or some K&S Stainless Steel Strip like this http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...DBK%2BS&P=6&S=

Cheers Tracy

Old 10-01-2011, 07:26 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Tracy, I never even thought of stainless farrings, that would add some bling. As I like to say, "OOH SHINEY" LOL!!! If one of the vendors would like to attempt to make some, I have an idea. If someone could engrave the name SLUMLORD down each side, I think that would really set the whole theme of the truck off. Thank you a million Tracy.
Tracy, I know there's stainless that you can cut with scissors, do you know what thickness that would be? I do a lot of buisness with tower hobbies.
I would like to add stainless to the trailer also.
I really appreciate all of the input you fella's have on this project.
I want this to be the "best of show" in my fleet.

Thanx again, Big John

Old 10-01-2011, 09:11 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

doodlebug is on a distinguished road

Talk to your local trophy shop about engraving.
Later, Neil#2 aka doodlebug.
Old 10-01-2011, 10:39 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

BRICKNICK is on a distinguished road

Here's some pics of my Kw I sold a lil while ago, it has a 60inch aerodyne sleeper with no farrings and a 285inch wheelbase not much extra room between sleeper and trailer, so I think you should still add some frame stretch

Old 10-02-2011, 04:43 AM
Weaver Of Dreams

Dreamweaver will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Mike, the reason I wasn't going to add lentgh to the frame is w/o the farrings, it looks like there's more room between the truck and trailer. I was thinking when I paint the frame dark blue, putting a piece of stainless between the rails...What ya think? Thanx for your help, Big John
I think that is exactly what ya want to do.. Make sure you put it BETWEEN the rails and not over the top.

~Mike~
Old 10-02-2011, 09:26 AM

fyrbuilder is on a distinguished road
Post Re: "SLUMLORD" pic's...finally

That is an awesome paint job on the cab....and for my two cents worth I also like the idea of the stretched frame, adding some stainless to the cab....and the scrollwork on the frame rails would really set this off! Very nice work on it so far though...
Old 10-02-2011, 06:15 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by doodlebug View Post
Talk to your local trophy shop about engraving.
Later, Neil#2 aka doodlebug.
Thanx Neil, I will do that

Big John