RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Kings of the Road > Highway Trucks and Trailers

Highway Trucks and Trailers On road trucks and trailers single and twin axle trucks.

Old 05-01-2012, 08:36 AM
Wannabe

pumptech is on a distinguished road
Default Re: "KISS" theme truck

Good idea for the steering wheel ,like that
Keep up the great work!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 05-01-2012, 11:37 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

glorydays24 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumptech View Post
Good idea for the steering wheel ,like that
Keep up the great work!!
Thank you pumptech. I was thinking about maybe cutting the doors and possibly detailing the interior to the extreme. After all if i'm gonna do it, might as well go all the way.

Big John

YOU WANTED THE BEST AND YOU GOT THE BEST THE HOTTEST BAND IN THE WORLD...KISS!!!!
Old 05-01-2012, 12:04 PM
Apprentice

SWAGGER is on a distinguished road

Take a look at this, scale is out, but seriously detailed:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/F-toys-1-8-S...ht_1490wt_1270

Actually, forget that, check these guys out!!!!!

http://en.indus3d.com/index.shtml

They custom make mini guitars, drums and pretty much any instrument. They could make you all the actual KISS instruments and in 1:14.5 scale too! How's that stage trailer gonna look now?

Last edited by SWAGGER; 05-01-2012 at 12:23 PM.
Old 05-01-2012, 12:34 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWAGGER View Post
Take a look at this, scale is out, but seriously detailed:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/F-toys-1-8-S...ht_1490wt_1270

Actually, forget that, check these guys out!!!!!

http://en.indus3d.com/index.shtml

They custom make mini guitars, drums and pretty much any instrument. They could make you all the actual KISS instruments and in 1:14.5 scale too! How's that stage trailer gonna look now?
SWAGGER, you da' man. I would love to have Gene's ax bass and Paul's mirror guitar, man you've got me stoked. If I can pull this off, this will definitely be one of a kind.

Thanx buddy, Big John

YOU WANTED THE BEST AND YOU GOT THE BEST THE HOTTEST BAND IN THE WORLD...KISS!!!!
Old 05-01-2012, 03:13 PM
Apprentice

Hahaha, yeah you won't be saying that when you tot up the final cost on this truck. Maybe I am just a bad influence!
Old 05-01-2012, 06:54 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Hahaha, yeah you won't be saying that when you tot up the final cost on this truck. Maybe I am just a bad influence!
Bad influence, I don't think so. I did check out the website, and they do make an ax bass. And total cost, I figured up what I have in my "SLUMLORD" so far, and I just about fell out of my seat. I don't think i'll have as much in this...at least I hope not, 'cause the misses might make me sleep outside with our kitty's. LOL!!!

Big John

Old 05-01-2012, 06:56 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Well I made Ace Frehley's makeup and put it on the wipers. I'm planning on doing this with all of the members, for thier alter ago's.

Thanx for looking, Big John

Old 05-02-2012, 09:25 AM
Apprentice

Lol!! Good idea....
Old 05-02-2012, 10:25 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Lol!! Good idea....
Thanx buddy.

Big John

Old 05-02-2012, 11:08 AM
Dairyland trucker's right hand man.

dabears is on a distinguished road

Now that's a different accent touch I have yet to see! Can't wait to see the rest of the little touches you add
Old 05-02-2012, 11:27 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears View Post
Now that's a different accent touch I have yet to see! Can't wait to see the rest of the little touches you add
Thank you Aaron. I'm trying boss...

Big John

Old 05-11-2012, 01:17 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Well boy's and girl's, I decided to cut the doors on this "Larger Than Life" beast. Can we say suicide??? As you can see, I have to clean up everything, and see where I stand on the fit...just to tired at the moment, so prolly tomorrow.

And I started working on the interior by making a floor...look's like some more styrene work ahead, but I love it.

Old 05-11-2012, 10:09 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

OK all you good people, I cleaned everything up and test fitted the doors. I have some fixing to do, but it shouldn't be all that bad. watcha think about suicide doors?

Old 05-12-2012, 02:21 AM
Wannabe

Stuart is on a distinguished road

Looking good John, lovin the suicide doors, I had some on a '39 Standard Flying Eight, soon found out how they got there name

Stu
Old 05-12-2012, 02:29 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart View Post
Looking good John, lovin the suicide doors, I had some on a '39 Standard Flying Eight, soon found out how they got there name

Stu
Thank you Stu. Yeah, i've heard horror stories about these death trap doors.

Big John

Old 05-12-2012, 08:40 AM
Dairyland trucker's right hand man.

dabears is on a distinguished road

I kinda like the suicide doors.... Would deff add to the custom look
Old 05-12-2012, 02:49 PM
Apprentice

Well, this build is all about being loud and different so yeah, why the heck not?
Keep on rollin' Big John!
Old 05-12-2012, 06:02 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears View Post
I kinda like the suicide doors.... Would deff add to the custom look
Thank you Aaron. As one of their songs say's, "I LOVE IT LOUD"

Quote:
Well, this build is all about being loud and different so yeah, why the heck not?
Keep on rollin' Big John!
Thank you SWAGGER. And another song title that say's a lot, "SHOUT IT OUT LOUD"
Just as soon as I get done here, i'm gonna have a bite to eat, and then work on the hinges.

Big John

Old 05-13-2012, 07:47 AM

Papabaer is on a distinguished road

Hy John,

as I read your announcement for the "Kiss Theme Truck" I was really very interested how you will work it out.

Now I have to say: I like wich I see here - great work on the dashboard, the steering wheel and on the wipers - I like the way you are going on.

...so kepp on rolling, keep on trucking!!!

Greets from Germany
Martin

Last edited by Papabaer; 05-13-2012 at 07:50 AM.
Old 05-13-2012, 01:03 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

TRUCKMAKER is on a distinguished road

Hey Big John,
Cab is lookin' real good, especially the suicide doors!
I was shopping this weekend and stopped In our the Auto World store and found these. Tried to take a picture but kept getting glare, so here's a link to the web site, thought you might like these.

http://www.autoworldstore.com/c-5-sl...x?section=-52-