RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment > Construction Equipment Tech

Construction Equipment Tech Hydraulics, Electronics, General Engineering, ect in constr equip

Old 03-12-2012, 02:30 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

RCP57 is on a distinguished road
Default Direct drive pump

I picked up a short shaft Jung pump from Vanisle and I would like to do a brushless direct drive for it. I'm looking for some advice as to what size motor I would need to make this run at 30bar with 12 volts.

Thanks Reg
Old 03-15-2012, 02:19 AM
Green Horn

Vanisle is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Direct drive pump

I did some testing with a 4250 size 350kv and it struggled to restart the pump above 15 bar. I have seen on some German forums reference to a 5065 size motor being used instead of a 4250 size. Here is one:

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=18176

Some 4130 motors (this number is not the outside motor size and is similar in size to a 5065) would probably also work. The best option is a Torcman motor but these are very expensive and hard to get.

You could also use a 4240/4250 size with a 3:1 planetary (from a cordless drill).
Old 03-15-2012, 05:21 PM
Green Horn

carp is on a distinguished road

there is a thread somewhere that shows a motor coupled via direct drive i will try to find it, that 5065 motor is quite a lump what sort of runtime would you get with that? im assuming that it isnt running flat out
Old 03-16-2012, 02:37 AM
Green Horn

Vanisle is on a distinguished road

No idea about runtime with a 5065 (which is significantly larger than a 4250). I don't have one and just remember seeing someone on a German forum mention it versus a smaller motor with a 3:1 planetary. I see that RCP57 did up a driect drive (on his excavator thread) so it looks like he got it figured out.