RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Kings of the Road > Highway Trucks and Trailers

Highway Trucks and Trailers On road trucks and trailers single and twin axle trucks.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-25-2017, 02:58 PM

isreal11 is on a distinguished road
Default Newbie Custom King Hauler

Hi Guys, I've been eyeing the King Hauler truck for six years or so, finally broke down and bought one. Not knowing how these RC builds work, I figured 300 bucks would get me in on a fully functional stock truck. Then I realized there are no electronics, servos and radio's included. Long story short I'm waayyy over that now and just got started.

For some unknown reason the Tamiya trailers from overseas are half the length as the US trailers. My tractor was almost as long as the Tamiya pipe trailer so I extended it with aluminum sheet metal from my shop to make it scale to a 53' flat bed. I'm planning on making the hood open with a servo, add lights and sound, extended frame, add a cat engine, smoke option, and stick a driver in the cabin. My 11yr and 9yr old sons are excited about the build and cant wait to work on it.

Can somebody help me out on where I can buy some Peterbilt style front fenders. one of the guys made some resin ones. I'm trying to get a hold of the builder.