RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's General Discussion. > General Discussion

General Discussion A place to post off topic discussions.

Old 03-25-2013, 06:02 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

JAMMER is on a distinguished road
Default Re: MORPOWER pump & valve

Joe the motor says Dc 7.2 volts 1500 RPM. there is no relief valve and the pick up is a hose connector with the nut off. The gears are 3/8 inches tall and 7/16 in diameter. EMS is the deliver people. I would say with a larger diameter pickup and a bigger motor with more RPM the pressure would go up. Ed
Old 03-25-2013, 04:19 PM
Journeyman

rockNmayhem is on a distinguished road

Well I received my pump and valve block today and I can't wait to try them out but unfortunately I will be waiting a little longer before I can use them as I received a broken valve block today.

I was so excited when I got the package today it was in great shape so I opened it up to find lots of bubble wrap inside. I pulled out the pump first and opened it up. All great and dandy with no problems. Started opening the valve wrapped in bubble wrap as well and all of a sudden out came a fitting, then another and all of a sudden I was shocked to see that they were not extras like I had hoped but two ports from the center of the valve block itself.

I have no idea how they could have broken in shipping as there was no damage to anything else inside the box or to the box but there they lay broken completely off clean at the block.

I sent the company an email this evening and I will be waiting for a reply but I have no doubts as they are really great to communicate with and are willing to take care of anything I have needed so far.

I'm not saying anything was their fault or the postal service just an unfortunate event that happens every now and then.

Here are some pics if anybody is interested in some close ups of the valve block (granted this one is broken) but gives an idea of what they look like. The machine work is very nice as well and I was amazed that it came with metal geared servos already installed.

And as you can see the package it came in is in near perfect condition.

I will keep everyone updated as how well this is taken care of.

Tyler
Old 03-25-2013, 04:28 PM
Fabrication and design , super moderator

ihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the rough

Tyler , that's an easy fix you just need new fittings and an easy out . looks like a over tightening of brass fittings issue .

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 03-25-2013, 05:51 PM
Journeyman

cosworth34677 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihbuilder View Post
Tyler , that's an easy fix you just need new fittings and an easy out . looks like a over tightening of brass fittings issue .
secound that. go to your local auto parts store they should have a easyout kit there cheap but come in way to handy not to have.
Old 03-25-2013, 07:39 PM
Journeyman

Quote:
Steve that's what I'm assuming of course but I would like them to take care of their mistake if they would politely. I have no problem at all getting some different nipples or making my own at all thats the easy part. I will probably just take the rest of the threads out once I hear back from them thought.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosworth34677 View Post
secound that. go to your local auto parts store they should have a easyout kit there cheap but come in way to handy not to have.
Cosworth, I have plenty of easy outs around here or I even have plenty of other tools to make whatever I need. Like I said to Steve, I will wait to hear from them first before I start doing anything to the valve as it's no major problem to me. I am in no rush for these parts right now luckily so I can let them sit for a few days without issue.

Tyler
Old 03-25-2013, 08:12 PM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation

No relief valve... that's probably why the 9amp current rating, that's when the oil flow stops & circles around the gears, producing the 20bar maximum.

Not difficult to make a prv or Fumotec/Vario have a nice tiny one already to go.

Gears are quite thick & tall, much like the Jung, the pump could very well be in the 1L class, depending on the rpm of the motor.

What's the servo make & model that's in there now?

I look forward to your experiment findings Ed & Tyler.

Joe
Old 03-26-2013, 03:16 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Joe it says they were made in Taiwan and a CE on them. Ed
Old 03-26-2013, 08:52 AM
Master Builder

rc_farmer is on a distinguished road

I don't much care for those type fittins, can those be changed out to the Leimbach-type fittins.....or are they necessary for the pressure?

Aslo, what are the dimensions......it looks kinda big for my idea of putting one in a diecast tractor

Rob
Old 03-26-2013, 10:46 AM

wingnut163 is on a distinguished road

its new why should he have to go get parts.
let the company do it. he paid good money for a new part.
being the broken parts were wrapped, i bet they over tighten it and just shipped it any way.
Old 03-26-2013, 03:12 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Rob those fittings are great, you can tighten them with a wrench and not a pair of pliers. They are not necessary for pressure. The valve body is 1 3x4 x 1 3/4 x 2 1/4 and 2 5/8 with the servo approximately. The only problem you might have is the thread size if you change the fittings, I don't know. Ed
Old 03-26-2013, 03:31 PM

ihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the rough

Ed , do they give you some setup directions with the valves ? I'm curious if they come precentered

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 03-26-2013, 07:51 PM
Journeyman

Quote:
Ed , do they give you some setup directions with the valves ? I'm curious if they come precentered
Steve I received no paperwork with my valve or pump regarding directions for setup or use. I'm guessing they think everyone knows how it works so they don't include it.

I also received an email from the company late last night apologizing for the damages and that they would send me out a complete new valve assembly today. The are sending a return postage with the other valve as well so no extra costs are on me. I'm sure they will have it here in the week or so as the other parts came in about that time.

I will keep everyone updated as time goes but this company and its customer service is absolutely top notch so far.

Tyler
Old 03-27-2013, 02:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockNmayhem View Post
Steve I received no paperwork with my valve or pump regarding directions for setup or use. I'm guessing they think everyone knows how it works so they don't include it.

I also received an email from the company late last night apologizing for the damages and that they would send me out a complete new valve assembly today. The are sending a return postage with the other valve as well so no extra costs are on me. I'm sure they will have it here in the week or so as the other parts came in about that time.

I will keep everyone updated as time goes but this company and its customer service is absolutely top notch so far.

Tyler
well I'll know soon enough Thats good to hear

Old 03-27-2013, 06:57 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

I just saw a schematic on Morpower site and they said you could use a 9.6 to 12 volt battery or 11.1 Lipo but for best use 9.6 battery. There system is a closed system you hook up the pump the valve fill the pump and system and run and fill again. Ed
Old 03-27-2013, 11:08 PM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by rc_farmer View Post
I don't much care for those type fittins, can those be changed out to the Leimbach-type fittins.....or are they necessary for the pressure?
You can't beat these fittings Rob, they're the best out there. It's super easy to remove the rubber hose vs cutting it from the barbed fitting that Leimbach uses. My 850 uses them throughout, I've had to remove a couple cyls for repairs, just unscrew the collar & easily pull the line off.

Joe
Old 03-29-2013, 01:12 PM
Master Builder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Giants View Post
You can't beat these fittings Rob, they're the best out there. It's super easy to remove the rubber hose vs cutting it from the barbed fitting that Leimbach uses. My 850 uses them throughout, I've had to remove a couple cyls for repairs, just unscrew the collar & easily pull the line off.
Ok, Ed, sounds good.........can u order the hoose from them.....at one time they had hose and cylinders on their website, but now they dont.

Rob
Old 03-30-2013, 06:45 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Rob I don't know you will have to email them. Ed
Old 06-07-2013, 09:41 AM
Master Builder

Ed, any new info on the testing of this system.....power, pump-run duration before over heating, pressure, etc?

Thanks

Rob
Old 06-07-2013, 10:46 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

I have no news Rob it just sets in a box. Ed
Old 06-07-2013, 04:02 PM
Master Builder

Quote: