RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment > Construction Companies & Worksites

Old 11-10-2014, 10:51 AM
Green Horn

Dieselchopper is on a distinguished road
Default Re: LilGiantsConstrCO

Don't hesitate to ask questions about your tig, I have welded alum tig for years professionally. Willing to teach and even make the trip out to help if you need.
Old 11-11-2014, 11:56 AM
Craftsman

modelman is on a distinguished road

Hi joe-looks like you are well on the way to having a really nice set-up but I am a bit confused. Maybe you have covered this already but could you explain this. The building that they just framed in. Is that an indoor place for you to dig or is this where the tunnel will start or just another building? Just curious but everything is looking good!! I like the picture of the D9 sitting next to the other dozer. That shows just how big the 9 is. Also, did you ever find anything that would pull the D9 scraper?
Old 11-11-2014, 01:07 PM
Apprentice

jack van is on a distinguished road

hi joe got a question for you have you everthought of keeping a step counter to see how many steps you take diggin the basement out hehe
Old 11-11-2014, 10:38 PM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation

The clerk pointed out the 165 1st, I asked if it came with the foot pedal, no, so the clerk put me on to the 180... you got a DVD? hmmm

I may take you up on that Shawn, we'll see where I'm at in the new year. Thank you for the offer.

Tom, the lean-to building came about specifically for the tunnelling out from my basement. There'll be a narrow stairway that I'll walk up, but I would also have a dirt road to the side of the stairs for the machinery to drive out, the models are getting bigger & heavier all the time and my back is getting weaker to carry them. lol

If I remember right, the math for 10 degree slope was 6 foot length for each 1foot vertical; the lean-to is not long enough for 10 degrees. In 2005 the ramp coming out of my basement was 22L to rise 6H & that worked out to 17 degrees. Tracked equip can climb that easy enough, wheeled equip will struggle. The lean-to will give me added storage as well.

No, the 10th scale pan is too heavy for the 4206 to drawbar pull the pan empty in the dirt! It would pull it empty on the cement floor, sorta. The tires on the pan I think are made from delrin, a rubber tire might make a world of difference, but that pan is freaking heavy, probably something close to 50lbs.

A step counter? I could just haul the dirt straight from the walls/floor to outside. But all the other activities of screen it/crush it/screen it again/crush again was a means of fining up the dirt as much as possible when I was using a 4" width conveyer to elevate the dirt back in 06 to 10, the finer the dirt, the less that rolled back... now the extra steps is just to extend the fun as long as possible. If it ever gets to be that all have to do is scoop & pile the same dirt from one corner to the next, then I'll probably quit the hobby.

This new workshop just gave me 5 more yrs of meaningful dirt work to do; dig a tunnel, hauling dirt into the back room & building up around the outside of the building. My playground has to be in a temperature controlled environment b/c I have virtually zero free time in the warm sunshine.

Joe
Old 11-12-2014, 01:23 PM
Craftsman

modelman is on a distinguished road

Thanks joe-I thought that might be for the tunnel but I couldn't remember.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Giants View Post
If it ever gets to be that all have to do is scoop & pile the same dirt from one corner to the next, then I'll probably quit the hobby.
I know what you mean about this joe. I have this problem. My dragline pit is small and all I do is move the dirt about 2' and then move it back. That is not fun
Old 11-12-2014, 02:35 PM
BANNED

Last Saturday, the last warm sunny day probably for this yr, I had to crawl under my roadway to get in the well to turn off the water valve that goes outside to the barnyard so I could then attach an air compressor to blow out the lines. I was nearly on my belly to get through there... time to dig 'er out!

18" summer rainfall, the water soaks bad in this corner, I didn't have any standing water around, but it's noticeably moist... which also makes for nice digging. To the left of the pic it gets quite a bit dryer so I may have to soak some of that dirt to soften it up. So with the dirt being moist, I have to haul the lumps over by the furnace to dry out before putting through the crusher.

I prepped the area over the crusher beforehand... had to raise up the turnbuckle on the upper roadway 5" so the trk/bd trl can pass underneath.

Took a test run with an empty trk/trl to check clearances and...

...roadway collapse!!!

I just weighed the 4206 now, it's 25lbs. The front tires barely decended & the roadway dropped!!! Less than 2 seconds & I caught the 4206 before it could hit the ground, but the hanging 4206 DESTROYED my bd trl.

I think it was March 2005 that that bd trl went into service... it's hauled a mega amount of dirt the last decade. I hope I can glue it all back together straight.

Joe
Old 11-12-2014, 06:18 PM
Wannabe

RCTech9 is on a distinguished road

Did your scale art loader have any damage?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 11-15-2014, 08:35 PM

John T. is on a distinguished road

Wow makes ya want to cry
Old 11-15-2014, 09:46 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Cooper is on a distinguished road

Oh man that sucks!!! It's been a concern of mine, whenever working on these if I were to bump them or accidentally knock/drop one to the floor. The weight of them would surly do some damage!! Well like you said, it's been a well used machine . Just a couple more war wounds once she is back together. That's the way I like em anyway, scratched and dented,, shows good use and lots of fun!!
Old 11-17-2014, 04:54 PM
Green Horn

FlyingBeagle is on a distinguished road

Joe, that really stinks. I hope that the repairs are easier than they first appear.

I dont want to derail your thread, but do you have any information on the LED lights that you had installed in your shop. I am going to be completing my shop in the basement this winter and have been stressing the lighting. I hate working in a dim shop or one that has a lot of shadows. Those lights look really nice.

Thanks
Patrick
Old 11-17-2014, 10:43 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Stuff is on a distinguished road

my condolences Joe! nearly a worst nightmare there!
Subscribe!!
My Facebook -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 11-18-2014, 01:53 AM
BANNED

FB, called my electrician and if his memory serves him correctly, this is what they are:
Sylvania led replacement bulb 32watt.

The Scale Art loader is fine, didn't fall that far. Got a new floor glued back in place on the bd trl today, it'll be back in service soon.

I finished digging a deeper entry into my well, I can walk through on my ankles now.

Got a big pile of semi-wet dirt to screen, get rid of the fines so the lumps dry faster. Barely got started at that & the screener motor piled up! a bunch of spur gears disintegrated... I got spare parts & repaired that in short order today.

Tomorrow finally came & I built my front room workbench over the wkend, it's 47 inches tall.

I'm kinda sorta thinking about covering the top with 1/4" plate steel with a layer of rubber matting underneath to dull the sound. It's a piece of 1/4" plate in this picture. And that vise, I bought for the farm shop awhile ago, then at an auction a yr ago I picked up a welding table with 3 vises on it. I'm glad I hung on to it cuase this vise is big enough that I have been using it the last couple hrs without it bolted down & it doesn't moved while cut out metal.

I got this 70amp mig about 10yrs ago, set it up with 023 wire for my hobby, kept in my machinery shed south of my house, too dark in there to use it, I'll make good use of it now.

I got these goodies from Princess Auto, gotta go rent a 10' ladder to hang them from the rafters, one in front room, the other in middle room.

I'm just starting to get in the groove of enjoying my workshop the last week, toasty warm in there while -20's & windy outside, no drafts inside. But now the weather is warming up tomorrow & I gotta go trucking for the rest of the week.

Joe
Old 11-18-2014, 11:43 AM
Green Horn

FlyingBeagle is on a distinguished road

Thanks Joe, I will look into those. Like you I cant wait to have an organized functional workshop where it is easy to be productive.
Old 11-21-2014, 10:58 PM
BANNED

Something old & something new

Joe
Old 11-22-2014, 09:21 AM

mog is on a distinguished road

wow Joe you sure not have any grass growing under your feet. congrats on the shop you will find it is so nice. you will love your miller i got a 185 but the 180 replace it. i used one for 3 year to weld AL for a living so i got one for home and have never look back. if you need and info i just a phone call away.

Old 11-22-2014, 02:18 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Cooper is on a distinguished road

Well this made me realize I have another project to do, I almost forgot I need to make a sifting machine of some sort.
Old 11-23-2014, 07:56 PM
BANNED

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uy-Q...ature=youtu.be

Joe
Old 11-23-2014, 10:08 PM
Wannabe

RCTech9 is on a distinguished road

Joe- Have you started to build your Komatsu excavator?

Old 11-23-2014, 10:43 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Stuff is on a distinguished road

awesome bench setup!
Subscribe!!
My Facebook -
Old 12-03-2014, 04:38 PM

calum_scania is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCTech9 View Post
Joe- Have you started to build your Komatsu excavator?
I'm looking forward to seeing it being built