RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Kings of the Road > Highway Trucks and Trailers

Highway Trucks and Trailers On road trucks and trailers single and twin axle trucks.

Old 03-22-2012, 08:43 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Espeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Knight Krawler

Kent, you did a great job on the sanding! Barely any filler, which is very good. The less you use, the better, and more stable the body work will be. What's next?
Old 03-23-2012, 04:39 PM
On Leave

Cossett is a jewel in the roughCossett is a jewel in the roughCossett is a jewel in the roughCossett is a jewel in the rough

Kent the roof came up well its got a nice shape to it, cant wait to see more now the hard part is done...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 03-24-2012, 11:46 AM

uk trucker is on a distinguished road

The hard work looks to be paying off, nice profile!
Old 03-24-2012, 01:56 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

TRUCKMAKER is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Espeefan View Post
Kent, you did a great job on the sanding! Barely any filler, which is very good. The less you use, the better, and more stable the body work will be. What's next?
Thanks Nathan, I actually suprized myself as to how little filler was left when I got done with the initial sanding. I'll finish sanding and go back to finishing the headache rack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cossett View Post
Kent the roof came up well its got a nice shape to it, cant wait to see more now the hard part is done...
Thank you for the nice comments Tracy, I don't know about the hard part being done yet I still have to fabricate the driveline and then paint every thing. We'll get there a little at a time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by uk trucker View Post
The hard work looks to be paying off, nice profile!
Thanks for the support Michael!
Old 04-06-2012, 03:27 PM
Green Horn

Dairyland Trucker is an unknown quantity at this point

Nice build this is a different type log truck can't really say I have seen one quite like it before great job on the cab work look great so far can't wait to see the final truck when done.
Old 04-09-2012, 08:30 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dairyland Trucker View Post
Nice build this is a different type log truck can't really say I have seen one quite like it before great job on the cab work look great so far can't wait to see the final truck when done.
Thank you for the nice comments Dairyland Trucker. I got the idea from some older pictures I seen on HanksTruckPictures.com, the truck can haul a load while pulling a dolley with a trailer or can be converted to a tractor and trailer. They do it so they can haul the shorter logs on the truck.

Well I worked on getting the truck presentable for this months Build of the Month, Build in Progress, posted the pictures and then realized I was entry #11. So I'll post them here and keep working on it.

Thanks for looking!
Old 04-09-2012, 12:14 PM
Dairyland trucker's right hand man.

dabears is on a distinguished road

Wow your build is fantastic! Your headache racks looks perfect!! did you use a dremel to file down any excess solder or did you sand it? Can turned out good! cant with to see more!
Old 04-09-2012, 12:47 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears View Post
Wow your build is fantastic! Your headache racks looks perfect!! did you use a dremel to file down any excess solder or did you sand it? Can turned out good! cant with to see more!
Thanks dabears, yes and yes, I used both dremel and sanding. One thing I learned was using very small diameter solder for electrical wiring and a water soluable flux is great with virtually no clean up needed. It holds fine for something like this.
Old 04-11-2012, 08:24 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Espeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura about

Holy cow, Kent, your truck looks really sweet. I like the headache rack too! Did you get it chromed or something? Or is it just reflecting the chrome plating from the deck plates? The cab roof turned out super nice. This is one of the nicest Knight Hauler builds I've seen on the forum.
Old 04-11-2012, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUCKMAKER View Post
Thanks dabears, yes and yes, I used both dremel and sanding. One thing I learned was using very small diameter solder for electrical wiring and a water soluable flux is great with virtually no clean up needed. It holds fine for something like this.
Your right that combo works perfect! I got my stack rack built yesterday! Thanks fir the tip
Old 04-11-2012, 02:11 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Thumbs up Re: Knight Krawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Espeefan View Post
Holy cow, Kent, your truck looks really sweet. I like the headache rack too! Did you get it chromed or something? Or is it just reflecting the chrome plating from the deck plates? The cab roof turned out super nice. This is one of the nicest Knight Hauler builds I've seen on the forum.
Hi Nathan, Thanks again for the nice comments and support! The racks got 2 coats of Dupi-Color metal etching primer, 2-3 coats automotive primer and about 4 coats of Dupli-Color chrome paint. I still have some work to do on the roof before final paint.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears View Post
Your right that combo works perfect! I got my stack rack built yesterday! Thanks fir the tip
Hi dabears, Your very welcome anytime! The only thing is, now we need pictures of the stack rack!
Old 04-11-2012, 02:29 PM

Its on my thread of my truck "Stretched Globeliner"
Old 04-11-2012, 09:32 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Chrome in a can? Wow. That's a really good finish, for being a spray paint! Thanks for sharing Kent.
Old 04-12-2012, 08:49 AM
Apprentice

SWAGGER is on a distinguished road

God this thing has really turned into a work of art. I'm surprised how well rattle can paint can look so much like real chrome!
Old 04-12-2012, 04:08 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWAGGER View Post
God this thing has really turned into a work of art. I'm surprised how well rattle can paint can look so much like real chrome!
Thanks Swagger, I was actually surprised how far chrome in a can has come!
Old 04-12-2012, 05:22 PM
Wannabe

pumptech is on a distinguished road

Just like the can says perfect match ,awesome build on this rig ,look forward to seeing how you do the cab detail.

Old 04-12-2012, 09:06 PM

nenard is on a distinguished road

Awsome rattle can finish. Looks realalistic without too much shine.
Old 06-02-2012, 11:15 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumptech View Post
Just like the can says perfect match ,awesome build on this rig ,look forward to seeing how you do the cab detail.
Thanks pumptech, keep watching I'll get to it shortly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nenard View Post
Awsome rattle can finish. Looks realalistic without too much shine.
Yes its the best I've found to date!
Old 06-02-2012, 11:44 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Decided to go to PFB'S House meet Memorial weekend to meet everybody and didn't want to go without something to drive so Friday morning I started with the chassis and axles. The cab had one color, light blue. I taped and sprayed the dark blue then went to work taking the radio gear and motor out of my Axial Scorpion. Built the chassis up, installed the electronics, untaped and dressed the cab. About 10:30 pm I decided it was as far as it was going to get and packed up to head off at 5 am. Had a great time! Now I get to reverse the process and actually finish the project (after I get my daughter through graduation).
Picked up and HPI 1:7 GRU and a 55T motor/crawler esc combo which should be here Monday. Still haven't got a radio but I'll run the Axial pistol grip for a while.

The truck hooked to Dabears 53' flat bed, can you say L O N G!

I've got to thank Dabears and YoungGunz for the pictures of my truck on the forum I took pictures of everything else but mine!
Old 06-03-2012, 10:30 AM

I can send you the others I have later if you want?