RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's General Discussion. > General Discussion

General Discussion A place to post off topic discussions.

Old 02-11-2011, 03:36 PM

Kid@heart is on a distinguished road
Default Re: new transmitter purchase!!!!!!

I bought the spektrum DX8 and I'm really happy with it. It has lots of 3-pos switches, a dial that can be used to control servos (like a screw drive). I have recently started to figure out the mixing and now have a winch on my tractor that is now pos-0 =off (no mistaken unwinding or tightening of the line), pos-1 = 50% (or less) to simulate a low power gear, and pos-2 = high speed for unwind and rewind.

I have also used this on my motor to be able to switch it off (in case of kid inspired run away) 30% to simulate low gears and 125% to be high speed... almost turns the 3 speed tranny into a 6 speed...

I was also considering the Airtronics 10, but they aren't readily available at the shops around here...

So personally, I'm really happy with the Spektrum... my 2 cents!
Old 02-11-2011, 08:03 PM
Out of control

fhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud of
Default Re: new transmitter purchase!!!!!!

The DX8 is a great radio and if that is what you want have your hobby shop order you one that has both sticks spring loaded they can order it that way don't let them say they can't. If they wont do it, order one from Horizon Hobby they own spectrum and tell them that is how you want it. My DX6I, DX7, and DX8 were all ordered with both sticks spring loaded at no extra charge I also got a DX8 for ihbuilder set up that way as well. One cool feature is that you can control servo speed with the radio whether it is a proportional or 3 position ch. you can program up to 30 sec for full travel. I use that feature on my tag axle just flip the switch and it goes up or down in a nice slow smooth motion. here is a video of my dump bed and tag axle.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jx2NsCbQEhk

Travis

RIP FreddyGearDrive 2-12-59/12-19-11