RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's General Discussion. > Get it out of your system! HERE!

Get it out of your system! HERE! You have a gripe,bone to pick, Tamiya vs Wedico or just have to let it out! THIS IS THE ONLY PLACE TO DO IT!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-29-2014, 05:00 PM
Wannabe

Rimrock is on a distinguished road
Default RC4WD 870K Loader - Warning - Potential axle problems

Issue with 2 off loaders ordered in July 2014.

The new 870K loader is a fine machine, where a lot of effort has been done to visual details. It is strong and heavey, which is great. There is 2 of them in my local club now, and both of them have had issues With the axles. The axles are castings. The problem is that the fabricator have chosen not to machine the areas where differential bearings to rest. There is a too large clearing so that the brearings not to rest stable where they should be. This leads to the differental unit to move around to much, and the alignment of the big and small gear gets off center. In one of the axles I to look at, a bearing on the small gear shaft to break on the first test run, because of the misalignment of the gears. With time there could be execive wear on the geartheet. I did put 3 layers of tape around the diff. bearings, trying to shim. Also needed to machine away some material in the area where the axle lock unit on the diff. to be located.

I advise owners to take a look inside the axles before running the machines to long. (problems on these 2 machines in my Club, don't automatic will tell that ALL machines have these issues, but it is worth to check it out)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 006_02_01.jpg (18.8 KB, 153 views)
File Type: jpg 009_01_01.jpg (21.4 KB, 129 views)

Last edited by Rimrock; 08-29-2014 at 05:18 PM.