RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Kings of the Road > Euro Style Trucks and Trailers

Euro Style Trucks and Trailers A place for the Euro style trucks single and twin axle trucks and trailers...

Old 02-20-2013, 04:36 AM

upbnsfrrfan is on a distinguished road
Default 1/14 4x8 Armageddon Hydraulic Dump Truck

By RC4WD Really nice, a bit on the pricey side but way cheaper than a ScaleArt truck and it's ready to run Here is also a link of the truck in operation:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmmBY0F0FqE

Larry
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tipper.jpg (88.8 KB, 40 views)
File Type: jpg tipper1.jpg (87.0 KB, 56 views)

Last edited by upbnsfrrfan; 02-20-2013 at 04:39 AM.
Old 02-20-2013, 07:12 AM
Apprentice

MoRockN is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 1/14 4x8 Armageddon Hydraulic Dump Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by upbnsfrrfan View Post
By RC4WD Really nice, a bit on the pricey side but way cheaper than a ScaleArt truck and it's ready to run Here is also a link of the truck in operation:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmmBY0F0FqE

Larry
Holly CRAP ! I can just swap my axles into it!!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
If you got it, a Trucker brought it....

Last edited by MoRockN; 02-20-2013 at 07:14 AM.
Old 02-20-2013, 11:05 AM
Apprentice

Aaaaaaaaand ORDERED!! I blame it on Larry . I just can't get enough dump trucks.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 02-20-2013, 12:19 PM

Nice man....that quick!!! Wish i had the funds like you Anyways, make sure to post a pic of the packaging when you get it tho. I'm also thinking of getting one

Larry
Old 02-20-2013, 01:26 PM
Out of control

fhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud of

Click here

RIP FreddyGearDrive 2-12-59/12-19-11
Old 02-20-2013, 05:32 PM
Apprentice

Ok just to have a hydraulic cylinder and and a tranny/ dump box will cost you about the same as this RTR. I am very happy with my decision as I'm gonna mix and match. Both my parts total and this truck cost me $5000 less than a scaleart. So I am not worried about what people think. I am a strong believer that if I don't try it my self, I just would never know . So stay tuned

Old 02-20-2013, 06:32 PM

Thumbs up Re: 1/14 4x8 Armageddon Hydraulic Dump Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoRockN View Post
Ok just to have a hydraulic cylinder and and a tranny/ dump box will cost you about the same as this RTR. I am very happy with my decision as I'm gonna mix and match. Both my parts total and this truck cost me $5000 less than a scaleart. So I am not worried about what people think. I am a strong believer that if I don't try it my self, I just would never know . So stay tuned
I'm with you MoRockN...good answer If I do purchase this truck, I will definitely replace the plastic rears with my already owned all metal RC Channel axles and probably with this very realistic wheels from amusingparts123(eBay) and the cab for either a Scania or a Mercedes one. And yes please update us when you get the truck

Larry
Attached Images
File Type: jpg wheels.JPG (31.0 KB, 28 views)
Old 02-20-2013, 09:44 PM
Apprentice

Will do! Those wheels look awesome by the way. I will probably just paint the hubs on the ones that come with the truck.

Old 02-24-2013, 06:33 PM

sneff is on a distinguished road

Im interested in this truck also. Can you please do a review of some sort when you get it. Would like to here your thoughts on its quality.
Old 02-25-2013, 08:50 AM
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneff View Post
Im interested in this truck also. Can you please do a review of some sort when you get it. Would like to here your thoughts on its quality.
Yes I will. Should be here next week sometime

Old 02-25-2013, 03:46 PM

Sweet Bro! thanx
Old 02-27-2013, 05:02 AM

Was also curious about how they have you pay for the truck. How does that bank transfer work??? Sorry if that's a stupid question just never done one before
Old 02-27-2013, 06:54 AM

I'm also curious about that Sneff, and no it's not a stupid question. Most online companies prefers Paypal and the common credit card. I was just wondering why they're asking for a bank transfer only type payment???

Larry
Old 02-27-2013, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by upbnsfrrfan View Post
I'm also curious about that Sneff, and no it's not a stupid question. Most online companies prefers Paypal and the common credit card. I was just wondering why they're asking for a bank transfer only type payment???

Larry
I know rc4wd is a very reputable company and I have ordered from them with no problems. But it does seem a bit shady having to pay that way.
Old 02-28-2013, 09:15 AM
Apprentice

Ok so I my self never used a bank transfer. But just because I know Mike from RC4WD very well and they are a very good honest company. Once you pick the Bank transfer payment option you'll see their bank transfer info that you will need to take to your own bank and tall them you need to make a transfer to the info you gathered from the site. simple as that. I will never do that with just a guy on craigslist. But a company I deal with all the time and Have for many years, I do trust them. So please don't let this bother you, they are just trying to make things work to better serve us. I had a long conversation with Mike and he is working on hiring 3 more people this year, 2 of them will be just on the phones YAYYYY ;-). He is an honest hard working Man, and he is trying to make all of us happy.

Old 02-28-2013, 09:27 AM

Awesome. Thanx so much for clearing that up.
Old 02-28-2013, 06:35 PM

Ok one more question if you don't mind. How much was the shipping??
Old 03-08-2013, 11:07 AM
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneff View Post
Ok one more question if you don't mind. How much was the shipping??
Sorry been away for a bit, but shipping was $150

Old 03-08-2013, 11:46 AM
Apprentice

Alrighty, here we go:

Here it is, no bent parts, no broken windows, no leaky oil.

Now I'm gonna give you the cons first but I will also tell you why because I got answers from RC4WD.
First is the battery tray, it's not going to fit your standard batteries so some small custom one will have to ordered.

Next is the cab, it hits the spare tire and the fire extinguisher when you lift it.

Both issues due to trying and keep the cab scale looking and spaced out like the real thing. I actually love the cab and how lower the roof line is.

The steering geometry was a little off out of the box but I was able to fix it since it does say for skilled builders and not and entry level kit.

Now besides this, this truck is freaking OUTSTANDING !!! Drives Soo smooth and sounds amazing, the sound is some sort of SMX copy, the only thing is it doesn't have reverse beeper. The speaker box is very well engineered and hidden in the back portion of the roof.

Steering set up is good, needs some adjusting but very cool.

Suspension is very flexible and looks just like the scaleart set up. The diffs and tranny are ran from the same servo, once you go to low gear, the servo also locks the diffs. And all the tranny components are metal and shifts very smoothly.

The scale details

And now time for some oil , my favorite part the fuel tank, now make sure to fill the tank before using the pump, it's hard to fill as it doesn't have a breathing hole, so my solution was to use a fuel tubing from an rc car then a put a piece of hydraulic line on the other side, voila, problem solved.

Now I have not used it long enough to give you any more pictures or details but I can tell you that this beast is freaking strong and can lift a massive amount of weight, if it big enough to fit in the dump box, it will left it.
The radio is cheap Chinese kind but it works, nothing fancy but I am gonna use my own anyways so here it is

Last words, If you are thinking about this truck, BUY it as you will not find anything that will match it for the price. It's no scaleart as far as the fancy metal cab, but for a 1/4 the price its the almost generic version of it and lots bigger. I will post pictures of it next to a Scaleart 8x8 soon and I will post more pictures once I get it finished the way I like it, after just a little time outside, I decided it does not need the front axles driven at all, so gonna leave it alone.

Last edited by MoRockN; 03-08-2013 at 11:49 AM.
Old 03-08-2013, 03:06 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Claus is on a distinguished road

I am interested in that transmission, I have been eyeing that trans for quite sometime. How are the speeds in the truck, too slow?, too fast or just perfect?