RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment > Construction Companies & Worksites

Old 06-12-2014, 02:42 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Cooper is on a distinguished road
Default Great Dane excavating co.

After reading all the other threads and enjoying the builds and work I decided to join in. I'm Cooper, actually my name is R.W. . Cooper was one of my Great Danes , hence the excavating company name and logo. I am on my first year in the rc construction toys but hooked!! I'll post pics, builds and just some general thoughts involving the equipment.

So some company info, I'm in central pa. Every job is too big. The customer is not always right. If you don't like the work we can work for as long as you like (it's your dime). Our hours are from sometime in the morning till whenever we get tired of working. We are open seven days a week but will be closed when you need something. Disagreements will be handled by receiving complementary sand and boxing gloves. Just remember you pay, we play

Right now the equipment is
Old 06-12-2014, 02:57 PM
Master Builder

rc_farmer is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Great Dane excavating co.

Welcome Cooper to the forum. Thanks for posting this fantastic build, please post up most pics.

Rob
Old 06-12-2014, 03:35 PM

4X44DAD is on a distinguished road

Welcome Cooper very nice
Old 06-12-2014, 05:26 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

I got this in the mail a couple days ago,,,,,,

I wanted to build my own excavator but I do not have the knowledge of how the components work like turntable and undercarriage. My thoughts on this excavator after reading a lot of others are something to play with and over winter hope to build my own. I may use parts like tracks and arm. Things that are difficult for me to make. And I have some immediate work for a digger. . Initial thoughts--wow this is cool!! Later thoughts-- need better bucket, very slow track speed and hydraulics are much in need of rebuilding. (Like rebuilding from scratch with different materials and design). 3 of the 4 cylinders leak, weep and just ooze fluid. Need a filter also. But,,, I am happy with having something rtr that I can work. Oh and need to change controls, cat control is what I would prefer. I don't have a funmotec (ideal digger for me) to compare but with some tlc and a bit of work I think this ex is a fine addition to my growing fleet of overpriced waste of money toys as my wife says .
Old 06-12-2014, 05:35 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

A wile back over winter I obtained a tamiya areomax. Had to go with a ford as my last name is ford !! After some thought on building a circus attraction heavy hauler (going to build a cage trailer to stuff the cat into and charge $ .05 for ticket to see worlds largest tiger 1:14 scale) lol!!!! Or a dump truck,, the dumper won out but I can still build a rolling cage and stuff cat into!!! (At least I'm not into airplanes or the cat would be in serious trouble!!).

Something like this.

Going to see if I can use this style of lift.

And thanks to this forum I found figelli actuators instead of having to build a hydraulic setup. Some testing will revile if it has enough power to lift a overloaded bed.
Old 06-12-2014, 05:57 PM
Green Horn

avel is on a distinguished road

HA! You had me going for a second. Congrats on the excavator! Also glad you are finally putting pictures up of your truck build. Have you cut the sleeper off already?
Old 06-12-2014, 07:10 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Yes Avel, sleeper is off. I have to get some styrene. I think that is what to use ,? I'm also looking into the reduction unit for these trucks. It's like a race car!! For what I'm using it for I would like slow hauling speed. And I'm going to have to beef up suspension. As far as axels and drivetrain, I'm just going to use stock till something wears or breaks.
Old 06-13-2014, 01:20 AM

headers is on a distinguished road

Welcome to the forum and nice fleet you got there
My buddy got one of the excavators and he loves it he turned it into a linkbelt 700 he messed with the radio some and turned the pump down and he hasnt have any problems with
Old 06-13-2014, 01:35 AM
Journeyman

tracksntreadslou is on a distinguished road

Awsome RW you work fast.
i like waht you have going so far .nicley tucked in the frame with the low profile ..Looks as though you may be able to double up on the cylinders if need be .. I tested one of mine in the pup trailer with about 20 lbs of batteris..no problems ..What voltage did you decide on ?
Grreat way to waste $$ ..Congrats on the New EX
Old 06-13-2014, 01:37 AM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation

Hmmm, might be time to start another forum section for construction companies & their work sites.

Joe
Old 06-13-2014, 07:38 AM
Aussie Fabricator

titandigs is on a distinguished road

Ok So whats the R in R.W. Rob, Ralf, Rupert, Rinaldino, Ron, Rick, Richard??????
Titandigs (Paul)
Old 06-14-2014, 08:55 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Got to remember I had no say in the naming process,,, it's Ralph.

Ugg more rain here!! Well it may be too muddy for pushing some dirt but not for digging!! I will soon have interned land line at home so some digging videos will follow.
Old 06-14-2014, 09:35 AM
Journeyman

Exclusive RC is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Giants View Post
Hmmm, might be time to start another forum section for construction companies & their work sites.
I 2nd that motion, ,.............and good idea with the dump truck bud
Old 06-14-2014, 10:58 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Cool a new forum!!! I enjoy how you other guys have rolling threads, always having some work or working on something. And now that I have a prospering excavation company I feel right at home!!! I should have a landline internet connection this week so till then the videos will have to wait, at least the hd ones.
Got a cheep tool tray today and the company mascot had to help!!

And did some more work on removing the fishpond waterfall box. This project should take some time as it's is about three feet from top to bottom. Front is completely accessible but sides are tight and back is impossible to dig. A 2" hose feeds the bottom of the box, I forget if its from front or back or side, but I'm going to dig that up also. So far I have been digging and piling dirt for the dozer to push away. That is working for now.

These were taken just after dark. They actually provide good light for digging, too bad the bugs like them too!!!
Old 06-14-2014, 11:53 PM

headers is on a distinguished road

Nice job, keep the pictures coming.cant wait for the videos
Old 06-15-2014, 06:12 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Got a couple hours into the waterfall box now.

In the last pic you can see I unearthed the input hose. It's a 2" line and now that I have located it I'm pretty sure in connects into the back side.
Old 06-15-2014, 06:19 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

I do have to correct my initial opinion of the bucket teeth. As I said it needed new teeth. I hade been digging in a rooted area and dirt was getting packed/clogged with dirt and roots rendering the penetrating force ineffective. After stopping and cleaning the dirt out of the teeth they penetrate the rooted sandy wet soil quite well. But the bucket is still just a thin steel construction and in heavy force you can see it flex.
Old 06-15-2014, 07:47 PM
Green Horn

Dieselchopper is on a distinguished road

Took me about a week to build a heavier bucket. Build a few buckets and ripping tooth. Seem to run the bulk bucket most.
Old 06-16-2014, 12:13 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Will do dieselchopper,

Some more work on the dump truck.

I have the servo (actuator) on the gear channel but with a disabling mix replaced with a dial pot. Flip the switch on gear then any position of raising dump bed with the rotation of dial. Or dial all the way up and then when gear switch is activated bed goes up whole way.

I am still not sure of a wet heavy load will be too much for this little actuator. This was just a vise I had at hand. Solid steel, it's got some weight. I did place a 10lb weight on the farthest spot on lift arm. It did lift it. I'm making the bed and sides from 1/4" plate aluminum. I'm going to try and cut as much weight by milling in the side profile, leaving the vertical supports. And same with bottom.
Old 06-16-2014, 12:19 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracksntreadslou View Post
Awsome RW you work fast.
i like waht you have going so far .nicley tucked in the frame with the low profile ..Looks as though you may be able to double up on the cylinders if need be .. I tested one of mine in the pup trailer with about 20 lbs of batteris..no problems ..What voltage did you decide on ?
Grreat way to waste $$ ..Congrats on the New EX
I got the one that you just plug into your receiver. So it's probably 6-7 volts. I'm not sure. Makes it real simple. It is basically just another servo.