RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment > Construction Companies & Worksites

Old 03-10-2012, 07:36 PM
Journeyman

RCLogger will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Hauling Dirt out of my basement (present day)

Looks like it would take a few hours to wear those buckets out Joe ! They must weight a few pounds..

greg
Old 03-10-2012, 11:25 PM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation

Not that heavy at all Greg.. it's all made from 20guage.

Most of it is still there yet RT9.

I made the steel bushings in my lathe to fit the 6mm rod.. weld in the bushings & front rod tomorrow, then paint 'em both.

The GP bucket is 50% larger than the kit stock bucket, almost as wide as the 740 box.

I wondered after making such a big bucket if it might be too big.. but even with the hoe sitting at a tilt, a bucket full didn't even make the outside track jiggle. (I filled the counter weight full of BB's last week, didn't weigh it though)

Joe
Old 03-11-2012, 04:29 AM
Fabrication and design , super moderator

ihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the rough

No Apparently he's having swing issues with the worm set up . I did like Ed's when I ran it at cabin fever world of difference in hydro setup . I just realized I got a small precision casting co down the street from me . They cast a broad range of mtrl. : cast iron , steel , brass , alum ,etc . My wheels are turning and with some hydros on the way , who knows . The buckets look great . you should have that pile outa there in no time with the right size truck

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 03-11-2012, 06:05 AM

tullochgorum is on a distinguished road

Looks good Joe, the bigger bucket will speed things up before the spring time rush. springs not that far away now and the dust will be flying soon.
Steve.
Old 03-16-2012, 11:48 PM
BANNED

The paint is not lasting long.. I used a metal etching primer too!

I made a couple vids this week..

Travis & IHStevie, pay close attention to the wheel speed of the front vs back tires of the Komatsu when it's back blading from the pile at low throttle with the front axle in the air.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GDwB-EeyWo

850 screening the wet lumps, then the adt stock piling the wet lumps behind the water heater.. had to use the board to climb the pile, trying to climb loose soil that steep, the adt just digs a hole.. getting it piled quite high back there.

http://youtu.be/15xwKUVjyBw

This big bucket is about 50% larger than kit stock.. move alot dirt quickly, especially from the far wall where it's quite a confined area to maneuver within.

http://youtu.be/PvlvZXwxIqo

Joe
Old 03-17-2012, 08:57 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

doodlebug is on a distinguished road

Hey Joe, It amazes me, how abrasive clay really is! You may just have a super shiney bucket in no time at all.

Cheer's, Neil.
Old 03-17-2012, 09:08 AM

ihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the rough

"Travis & IHStevie, pay close attention to the wheel speed of the front vs back tires of the Komatsu when it's back blading from the pile at low throttle with the front axle in the air. "

I not sure what your trying to prove here if it goes to the gear motor verse diff. drive train argument . yes , it works very well from what I can see . from a model production stand point , it makes sense to use gear motors (less parts to make ) travy and I are NOT mass producing . If I were to , I'd go gear motors to . having said that , I think it's foolish to compare a personal built model to a mass produced model If you want to compare wedico to stal , you got a case thats apples to apples . Yes , I thought about it , but the need to escape from truck part making , put the brakes on that idea .

OTOH , great job on your buckets . I always said ," an excavator is worthless with a small bucket in mass excavation " I had a 4' bucket on my Cat 307 (16,000# machine) As always I enjoy watching your vids

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 03-17-2012, 09:21 AM

tullochgorum is on a distinguished road

Hello Joe,
That was some fine loader work in the video, nice control and very realistic looking. You can tell from seeing the loader work that there are hours of experience behind the sticks.
Steve.
Old 03-17-2012, 11:34 AM
Wannabe

RCTech9 is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Re: Hauling Dirt out of my basement (present day)

Your loader sure can move a lot of material in 15 minutes!!! Awesome videos! Are you going to paint the cylinders on the 850?

Last edited by RCTech9; 03-17-2012 at 11:37 AM. Reason: extra question
Old 03-17-2012, 09:33 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhhhstix View Post
Sorry but I completely disagree without 4 escs you have no way to make true 4wd.
Travis
Sorry Stevie, I guess I was moreso with Travey.

wdc to Stahl is not apples to apples...

Well, different buckets for different jobs. That wide bucket with it's straight cutting edge will be great for grading as well. And I'm eagerly looking forward to trying that narrow bucket to dig on the wall, might be a lot less use of the ripper before hand.

Thanx Steve.. yes, many hrs of practice & enjoyment.

One of these days yep RT9, I'll probably brush paint them black while still attach to the model.

Joe
Old 03-17-2012, 10:36 PM

Well I really can not say much for either , I don't have them or run them the diff / gear motor argument will go on forever . IMHO , wedico could've put a little more thought into the drive train . Leibherr model's 2plus2 seems to be well thought out . Yea I could just use gear motors /wheel in my models and make life easier . But , I love the challenge to get as close to real as possible and function well also . You should do well digging with the little bucket . You may still need the ripper for the occasional rock .

Old 03-25-2012, 01:10 PM
BANNED

So I put my tireless working 6wd GL on the workbench for a tune up..

Added some weight to the front axle, and added an extra fuel packed full of BB's, transfer more of that power to the ground!

Off to the basement for a trial.

The white GL pulled the B Train up the ramp with open diffs with very little slippage, but the HiTec 625 steering servo couldn't handle the extra weight hanging out in front of it & caused the rx to glitch like crazy whenever I tried to turn sharply. So I then installed a HiTec 645, as well as Castle Creations BEC.. these Tamiyas are so easy to work on.

Testing it out on the bench, trying to go forward and the shift servo glitched crazily! didn't matter where I plugged the CC BEC rx lead into.. junked the Polk radio from this trk and used my extra DX8 rx.. trk is working better than it has ever before! Very smooth! Love these Spektrum radios.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rc4EmuKaL

Joe
Old 03-25-2012, 02:53 PM
Apprentice

trucker n is on a distinguished road

so joe where is this new machine you got in a box from frank
Old 03-25-2012, 04:41 PM
Wannabe

pumptech is on a distinguished road

Hey Joe ,that wieght bar should give you some nice grip on the front
I used some small used and worn out carbide seats I use in the pumps I work on at work ,in my bruder excavator for counterwieghts,works great!
Keep up the great work !!
Tommy

Old 03-25-2012, 06:41 PM
On Leave

Cossett is a jewel in the roughCossett is a jewel in the roughCossett is a jewel in the roughCossett is a jewel in the rough

Joe your a inspiration to everyone that is looking to get into the construction gear, thanks for sharing the pic's and info...
When you start doing the next round of servicing on the construction gear can you do a side by side comparison the good and bad of each piece in a new thread if you haven't done it yet???

Old 03-25-2012, 09:57 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Hey Joe, Can't get the video to work

Have you considered a combination ripper/bucket? http://leattach.com/raptorbucket.html

I like the heavy bumper Will there be some shed's moved with the globeliner soon?

Cheer's, Neil.

Last edited by doodlebug; 03-25-2012 at 10:09 PM.
Old 03-25-2012, 10:11 PM
BANNED

Still in the box Neil.. might start working on it this summer after the crop is planted.

Yes it is working very well Tommy, better than having servo lockable rear diffs in the past.

Thank you and your welcome Tracy.. what specifically would you like to know?

Joe
Old 03-25-2012, 10:23 PM
BANNED

Interesting design Neil.. one problem I see for me making this in scale would be that it might pack with clay too easily.. find out here shortly if the narrow bucket I just made will empty good or just build up with wet sticky clay.

It was working.. here's another link.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rc4Em...1&feature=plcp

Might add three more bd's sometime in the future..

Joe
Old 03-26-2012, 02:26 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Ok, I'll work on another idea for you later tonight!
Cheer's, Neil.
Old 03-26-2012, 11:27 AM
Journeyman

RCLogger will become famous soon enough

You are moving many scale yards of dirt each load Joe... Any idea how many pounds in each trailer ? Very impressive ! !

greg