RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Kings of the Road > Highway Trucks and Trailers

Highway Trucks and Trailers On road trucks and trailers single and twin axle trucks.

Old 03-30-2018, 05:16 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

glorydays24 is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking MY NEW GRAND HAULER/KENWORTH BUILD

I am as excited as a kid on Christmas. I received my Grand Hauler yesterday, and I was totally surprised. I haven't started on it just yet, I'm deciding where too start...possibly the body work. Well here is the truck and some items I have got for it so far.

I have a lot of plans for this beast, and I have to order quite a few parts if I want this to be a KW.

Thanks for looking, Big John

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

YOU WANTED THE BEST AND YOU GOT THE BEST THE HOTTEST BAND IN THE WORLD...KISS!!!!

Last edited by glorydays24; 04-17-2018 at 04:11 PM. Reason: Getting pictures the right size.
Old 03-30-2018, 08:09 PM

DrDiff is on a distinguished road
Default Re: MY NEW GRAND HAULER/KENWORTH BUILD

Are you going to get a rolling chassis going while waiting on those parts?
Old 03-30-2018, 09:32 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDiff View Post
Are you going to get a rolling chassis going while waiting on those parts?
DrDiff, I might start it, but I can't 100% complete it. I am looking at a different front cross member to bring the bumper more flush with the grill from Shapeways, and a different steering axle so there won't be any play in the steering. I will do what I can and post pictures.

Thanks for your interest, Big John.

YOU WANTED THE BEST AND YOU GOT THE BEST THE HOTTEST BAND IN THE WORLD...KISS!!!!
Old 03-30-2018, 11:14 PM

ittigger is on a distinguished road

Very nice! I told you it would get here quick.
Old 03-30-2018, 11:21 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by ittigger View Post
Very nice! I told you it would get here quick.
Yes you did.

Old 03-31-2018, 10:32 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Well I got started building today, but I didn't achieve much, but it felt good wrenching.

While I am here, could anyone possibly make the marker lights above the headlights, or maybe know of someone? Thanks!

Thanks for looking, Big John.

Last edited by glorydays24; 04-17-2018 at 04:14 PM.
Old 04-01-2018, 02:40 PM

Nice.
Old 04-01-2018, 07:44 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Nice.
Thanks! But I didn't do much today either, I had things to do around the house...you know that thing called life? But I'm going to try to get some serious progress done tomorrow.

Big John

Old 04-01-2018, 08:45 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

frizzen is on a distinguished road

For the amber marker over headlights, how would a 3mm led with the base painted silver look? From that angle in pic i can't tell if it needs a rear cover, or if it's in fender.

It's a good start
Old 04-01-2018, 10:33 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by frizzen View Post
For the amber marker over headlights, how would a 3mm led with the base painted silver look? From that angle in pic i can't tell if it needs a rear cover, or if it's in fender.

It's a good start
The marker lights are mounted in place, and the housing is enclosed on the back side.

Big John

Old 04-02-2018, 01:26 AM

Hostile is on a distinguished road

Im liking the look of this project. What about cutting down a pair of roof lights? Hardest part would be chroming them after the chop.

Edit- these are on garden trucking. Might be more suitable as it can have the led run through the mount. And if you want you could cap the end like i suggested above.
http://www.gardentrucking.com/detail...D#.WsIFFNCubqA

Last edited by Hostile; 04-02-2018 at 06:29 AM.
Old 04-02-2018, 01:06 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hostile View Post
Im liking the look of this project. What about cutting down a pair of roof lights? Hardest part would be chroming them after the chop.

Edit- these are on garden trucking. Might be more suitable as it can have the led run through the mount. And if you want you could cap the end like i suggested above.
http://www.gardentrucking.com/detail...D#.WsIFFNCubqA
Thanks Hostile. I've had these in the past, and they are just to big for what I need. PMD also has a work light, it's the same as the turn signal, but with a chrome back. This is not going to beat me. Quitting is not an option.

Big John

Old 04-02-2018, 08:55 PM

Hope you find them!

Where can one find the lights that hang off the left and right of the front bumper?
Old 04-02-2018, 11:14 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Hope you find them!

Where can one find the lights that hang off the left and right of the front bumper?
If you're talking about the lower corners, the King Hauler turn signal housing will work. PMD also has some.

Big John

Old 04-02-2018, 11:21 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Finally I am making some progress. I love the tie rod, it gives a tighter turning radius, and the shaft between the rear axles looks beefy. I shouldn't have any problem with that little bad boy. Here are some pic's.

Thanks for looking, Big John

Last edited by glorydays24; 04-17-2018 at 04:15 PM.
Old 04-03-2018, 01:02 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

skeeter is on a distinguished road

That tie rod, where did you acquire it? I LOVE it, & want very much to get one like it for my builds.

That jackshaft looks tough. I foresee NO potential problems in that area.
Old 04-03-2018, 08:13 AM
Journeyman

kaptain Jack is on a distinguished road

Doing good, John.
Old 04-03-2018, 12:38 PM

DrDiff is on a distinguished road

I would like to get one as well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeeter View Post
That tie rod, where did you acquire it? I LOVE it, & want very much to get one like it for my builds.
Old 04-03-2018, 01:21 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeeter View Post

That jackshaft looks tough. I foresee NO potential problems in that area.

I found this on ebay, and the seller is rrchen2008. Very light, and strong. Happy building!

Big John

Old 04-03-2018, 01:22 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptain Jack View Post
Doing good, John.
Thanks brother!

Big John